• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My only two actual vids as of yet >.>

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
You know your stuff but I'm doubtful about the Falco. It looked like he was trying to be flashy with the lazers and failed on every chaingrab/spike except one, and he missed the edgehog on that one.

5 stars for the ownage.

Dekar173

Justice Man
You know your stuff but I'm doubtful about the Falco. It looked like he was trying to be flashy with the lazers and failed on every chaingrab/spike except one, and he missed the edgehog on that one.

5 stars for the ownage.
Heh, after we were all done Alpha was a bit shaky, I'd assume he was that way through out the entire set =P

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion

5 stars for the ownage.
Meh, that Falco actually looked pretty good. He tried to out-mindgame a Diddy, lol. Good luck with that.

'Nanas>Lazorz

PhatyCHONG

Smash Apprentice
watch your approaches against falco, and when he slips, really capitalize on it

i really liked your non-nana play, especially the first kill in the first game.
dribble more, and bait the reflector so that you can punish
mindgames ftw
Most agreed, You did really well that match and it's also one of diddy kong hardest matchup. When it comes to tournament play some diddys tend to become nervous and at that point focus WAY to much on bananas which you didn't and had a more relax approached. As you wanted to critique I guess it would be helpful if I nag on you, but will later end this comment in your pros

Critique: On the Match
- Amazing on the U-tilts and D-tilts you used alot of which is always good
- Your peanut gun was used very appropriately [1st kill and leading into the second on SV fav.]
- I would use the peanut gun a little more often especially for pressuring that shield and reflector, you notice when you use the peanut gun the falco tended to consciously use the reflector, PUNISH THAT GT to nana after the reflector animation
- Peanut gun cancel and dribbling are great mindgames especially against that certain falco you played.
- really glad to see some Nair which you don't see alot of diddys using
- I wouldn't use the side B as much as you did, good to see that your using it but it is hurting you when you land getting caught up closed next to falco.
- Good to see that you know how to instant nana pick up while landing and also did well in Z grabbing
- Your non-nana game was awesome so I couldn't imagine if you always had two bananas out :D
- During early percentages against falco having thoes banana out really hurt his attempt to CG, you did that but just always have like a conscious effort
- wanted to see more GT To grab or smash attack

This list is not to tell you what wrong with you, just trying to help and nit pick cause you asked for a critique. also some of the list doesn't apply directly to your diddy rather than your diddy vs. this match up

Here a threads that could always help with your diddy and matchups, would love to see some input.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225477

Thanks
PhatyCHONG

ADHD

Smash Hero
Diddy vs falco 50:50 imo.

Punish the reflector by your side b kick or grab, and crawl under the lasers/the reflector or dtilt while crawling with a banana in your hand. Grab falco alot, bthrow and fthrow ***** falco since he falls so fast and you can do whatever when he lands. Also throw your banana/peanut gun shot at him offstage when he is going to use his phantasm, and bair or barrel spike his up b from down below. SH fair also works really well against him, just don't get grabbed. One banana to approach falco is generally a better idea than two.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Diddy vs falco 50:50 imo.

Punish the reflector by your side b kick or grab, and crawl under the lasers/the reflector or dtilt while crawling with a banana in your hand. Grab falco alot, bthrow and fthrow ***** falco since he falls so fast and you can do whatever when he lands. Also throw your banana/peanut gun shot at him offstage when he is going to use his phantasm, and bair or barrel spike his up b from down below. SH fair also works really well against him, just don't get grabbed. One banana to approach falco is generally a better idea than two.
I've always thought exactly the same thing against Falco, single nana as opposed to 2.

As for using side b to punish reflectors, it was a huge pain attempting that because we were playing on a projector and whenever I felt a reflector coming, I'd input the shield and it was a little too late, then I'd be tripped or put into hitstun ><

@Phaty- was I really not grabbing him that often? I usually grab an assload against opponents I wonder what was wrong with me during that set haha. And again about my using Diddy Hump a lot, whenever I'd kick I was missing the cancel, I don't know why it just wouldn't go! haha.

Thanks all for the criticism, hopefully I'll be able to get some more sets up on the net (I don't own a wii, so all of the replays saved at any tourneys are on other people's wiis, so it's not much of a priority of theirs to get them up >.>) but when I do, I'll be sure to upload them on the boards :)

PhatyCHONG

Smash Apprentice
Critique: On the Match
- Amazing on the U-tilts and D-tilts you used alot of which is always good
- Your peanut gun was used very appropriately [1st kill and leading into the second on SV fav.]
- I would use the peanut gun a little more often especially for pressuring that shield and reflector, you notice when you use the peanut gun the falco tended to consciously use the reflector, PUNISH THAT GT to nana after the reflector animation
- Peanut gun cancel and dribbling are great mindgames especially against that certain falco you played.
- really glad to see some Nair which you don't see alot of diddys using
- I wouldn't use the side B as much as you did, good to see that your using it but it is hurting you when you land getting caught up closed next to falco.
- Good to see that you know how to instant nana pick up while landing and also did well in Z grabbing
- Your non-nana game was awesome so I couldn't imagine if you always had two bananas out :D
- During early percentages against falco having thoes banana out really hurt his attempt to CG, you did that but just always have like a conscious effort
- wanted to see more GT To grab or smash attack

@Phaty- was I really not grabbing him that often? I usually grab an assload against opponents I wonder what was wrong with me during that set haha. And again about my using Diddy Hump a lot, whenever I'd kick I was missing the cancel, I don't know why it just wouldn't go! haha.
The quote in the statement I was more emphasizing on "smash attacks" rather than grab I just put that in the statement in an overall point, you did well on GT to grabs punishing falco, but to rack up more damage for early kills just a thought to use smash attacks rather than grabs in some cases even thoe in this matchup grabs are more needed. I know it is alot easier to grab, but just a thought, in general GET FALCO OFF THAT STAGE AND GIMP HIM. Falcos a really good character with a major flaw, his recovery.

When I was talking about your diddy flip, I saw where you should/try to cancel, but in general I saw where he punished some of your diddy flips. In this match up use the Diddy flip to. . . [read quote]

You should try to get more video of different character so you can get a critique of your overall performance rather than a match up performance. Unless that style is how you play every character.

GREAT JOB, glad to help

Nitrix

Smash Ace
For Falco's that are reflecting lots of stuff, jump towards them while holding a banana and then Z-Drop it and F-Air the Falco. The banana should bait the reflector but not hit it.

Dekar173

Justice Man
XD

Thanks guys =P More vids will definitely be up soon, against Pit/Wario (that's Ax, local friend of mine who I play literally all of the time, hopefully you all can help me spot some bad habits I tend to act on and eradicate them for good :D)

Top Bottom