• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My new Marth Vids YAY!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
These were all recorded on the 27/09/08 at Australia's largest Brawl tournament to date.
All of these except one (against DicE) were towards the end of the day; 14+ hours of brawl in a row and my humongously BAD caffeine high cool-down (protip: Don't drink 6+ coffees and expect to not be having mini-seisures eventually). I had also spilt an energy drink on my controller at some point which made dashing and dancing blade foontasticly hard, punishing short hops with ftilt became impossible too.

Marth Dittos:
(For the zealous types) against Kila
One
Two

Against LukeATY (Snake)
Silly Metaknight:
Two
Three I hate how in this one I died to Snake's bair hitbox on HIS HEAD ;_;.

Against Amaterasu (Meta) the tournament winner:
Unfortunately only one was recorded, the other one where I showed him my moves was mysteriously not recorded :S. Background info here is that the previous match I taunted more than I used dancing blade and it was partial revenge.
One

AN ACTUAL TOURNAMENT MATCH: [DicE as Mario]
One

Rate if you care/dare, advice is always nice.
Also I came 7th on the day.

DarkRunner00

Smash Journeyman
you should the snake match up. snake wasn't good... but you shoulda grabbed him off cypher, more effective than dtilt and fair... it would've been an easy stock...

also never use SB as a recovery (especially over the stage)... it'll set you up in a punishable state.

that snake didn't impress me, so i can't fully judge you.

also, you should read a few moves your opponents do. first few seconds of the snake match was like you rolled into a 'nade. Not significant but on other occasions you game was pretty linear.

Also DB (up combo) is better to link an extra hit or sometimes two. I see you do a lot of neutrals.'

spacing... is okay. You get too close. and don't even grab. I see no grab game.
and for SB... you have a little more time. space better and try to get the "tip" on it. It'll have more knockback (and I believe more damage)

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I enjoyed this Shaya. Good Marth, though there are still some kinks to be worked out. I left all comments on the videos, but I didn't do any harsh/detailed critique, since there were so many.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Pierce7d, your comments made me smile :)

Your favouriting of my MK vid has allowed my video to be in the honour list of the day for the gaming category in Australia, ho ho ho.

Ill be more vigilant in dolphin slash out of shield though; it's only something ive been forcing spammage of since the last vid I posted.

The dthrow to fsmash is something, yes, that I'm definitely aware of. Me not using it was kinda silly :)

DarkRunner:
I'm aware of SB being a bad recovery move, none the less it works for a once every couple of matches recovery as to avoid using your jump :)
Grab game was poor those matches, I agree, I tend to do better (vid 2 of the marth dittos was a bit of me doing a lot more)
My knowledge of the snake match up is probably a little poor, the grabbing of the cypher is something I truly never attempted and only really realised it on the day.
Neutral DB was mainly because of controller johns ho ho ho

Top Bottom