• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Marth needs improvement- Updated with NEW VIDS!!!

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Grabbing ICs is overrated with Marth. I don't think I do it at all actually... unless I'm messing around...

Don't bother with fb unless it's first hit into utilt or something. Anything more than the first hit is pointless vs ICs, plus vs good CCer's it becomes more and more dangerous.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Well for the first 2 or 3 frames when you throw someone you are invincible. So if you time it right you can't get hit. So grabbing is good. You just have to know when to use it. There were alot of times where I could have thrown one IC into the other and then comboed or tippered f-smash, but I didn't go for it.

My mistake. But whatever. I also need to use more retreating nairs to reset my spacing. Also dashing back after a shuffled fair is good too. Leaves you less vulnerable then rolling and lets me act sooner. I would roll only if I messed up my spacing or if I landed between the IC's.

I watched vids of Ken vs Chu. Literally all Ken did was spam d-tilts, shuffled fairs. He rolled when he messed up his spacing or used retreating nairs to cover himself.

He also used Marth's jab to interrupt IC's recovery. He used Dancing Blade occasionally. But mostly it was d-tilt and shuffle fair spam. He also grabbed occasionally.

Top Bottom