• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Mafia Academia -- ENDGAME: Bites Za Dusto

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Not much changed, really.

We figured out that Shiny is uncharacteristically inactive, but aside from that, nothing changed.
I’d wager he’ll either respond or we will find out he’s blatantly staying silent in a few hours. Give it about 3, I think

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So right off the bat, Werekill claims Toaster is a villain.

That's pretty sketch yo no lie.

Anways, back to reading.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I don’t think either are a particularly good reason to vote for anyone tbh but you do you

I wouldn’t let anyone “peer pressure” you into doing anything especially when they went full speed ahead nearly immediately after a bogus claim.

Spite isn’t a great reason either for obvious reasons, but I’m not gonna suddenly stop eyeing him just because he confessed it was a gambit- for all we know the whole thing could be set up to make him look better in an ironic kind of way (says something bad, reveal it was to bait peoples reactions out, acts as one of the most proactive people)

But it did certainly get reactions so, for the time being i’m strongly recommending people look carefully at Doop.
Fair read on me, and it's one of the risks of the gambit that I accepted. It colors the rest of my actions for the rest of the game, and that's how it is. My only hope is that it drew out enough useful info for toDay or later.

I'm still null on Utopian, and I'm not sure if his hesitance is a sham or just nerves.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’d wager he’ll either respond or we will find out he’s blatantly staying silent in a few hours. Give it about 3, I think
If shiny isn’t active by th end of the day, I’d suggest pressuring him a bit and trying to gain info tomorrow. This is nowhere how he normally plays

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Okay so from what I read, Doop went in hard on Werekill after we thought he was throwing Toaster under the bus. Then Werekill says this was false and he wouldn't actually give out his role.

And now Utopian is saying his vote was done under "peer-pressure".

So the sentiment now is that those who pushed for a Werekill vote have scumread on them. Which I can buy yes but I don't think is necessarily the case. I mean with it being so early in the game let alone the phase, that's not something I think Mafia would want to do from the get-go. Although I am pretty sketch about them. That being said, Wereville claiming from the get go and then saying it was used to make Toaster react is interesting.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Scum:

Dooplissity Dooplissity : Going in super hard on believing the fake claim. Care to explain this?
(On mobiile/at work and time travelling, forgive me if formatting sucks or etc)

Yeah, it's pretty simple. Either your claim was serious, in which case that was the right move, or it was a reaction test. If it's the latter, aggressively prodding people into action and providing a strong pro-viewpoint to break the ice are probably the most useful things I can do anyway.

I actually really don't like the people posting before me with the non-committal feeling the water posts. If something is probably a reaction test, and one's next move is to avoid reacting strongly, that suggests they're concealing something (i.e. they're scum)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Yeah, it's pretty simple. Either your claim was serious, in which case that was the right move, or it was a reaction test. If it's the latter, aggressively prodding people into action and providing a strong pro-viewpoint to break the ice are probably the most useful things I can do anyway.

I actually really don't like the people posting before me with the non-committal feeling the water posts. If something is probably a reaction test, and one's next move is to avoid reacting strongly, that suggests they're concealing something (i.e. they're scum)
In which case, how do you still feel about me, Doop?
Any reason why any of us should drop our vote on you?

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
additionally without hammer lynches, there's not a risk that toaster gets speedlynched, so I didn't see much downside to going aggro on that

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Okay so from what I read, Doop went in hard on Werekill after we thought he was throwing Toaster under the bus. Then Werekill says this was false and he wouldn't actually give out his role.

So the sentiment now is that those who pushed for a Werekill vote have scumread on them. Which I can buy yes but I don't think is necessarily the case. I mean with it being so early in the game let alone the phase, that's not something I think Mafia would want to do from the get-go. Although I am pretty sketch about them. That being said, Wereville claiming from the get go and then saying it was used to make Toaster react is interesting.
I don't think it was used to make me react as much as it was to see what everyone's kneejerk reactions to it would be (such as yours before you finished reading). Not that I particularly agree with it, mind. But it did create some pretty bizarre interactions so far.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
In which case, how do you still feel about me, Doop?
Any reason why any of us should drop our vote on you?
I actually like you. If you're town, and I'm going hard on you, the natural reaction is "I'm town and he shouldn't be pushing me, doop's probably scum", which is where you're at.

If you think I'm scum, probably not. There are inactives + unikorn to pressure if you think otherwise. I personally think Poyzin is a good vote ATM. He didn't want to react too hard to the fakeclaim, but caved when I put pressure on, which I think is indicative of Scum trying to go with the flow and avoid my ire. (On that note: vote poyzin)

I'll go into more detail at lunch, gotta get back to work.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer

Will reply to the rest in a bit, after lunch.

Just want to clarify that it wasn't to make Toaster react. It was to make everyone react.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
As far as any reads I have goes, here's a fairly simple summary as to where I stand right now:

Scum vote:
Dooplissity Dooplissity - It's not that he voted for me, because he's not the only one, but he immediately went full aggression mode. In the post in which he voted for me, he didn't really give a reason and said everyone was pussyfooting around it, being aggressive to the point of "peer pressuring" Utopian, (not that I necessarily think that's valid, but I think it is of note). Also note his posts above this one, for fairness's sake.

Suspicious:
Lore Lore - The good ol' "everyone, i'm gonna do this suspicious thing and then claim I was just messin' to throw suspicion off of me" tactic is what that looked like to me. We can still use it as a measure, though, I'm sure. For now, anyway.

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin - Being "pressured" so easily makes me feel like you weren't pressured as much as trying to act like it... kinda badly.

Hmmm... :

Z25 Z25 - Your response to the situation stands out to me as peculiar, but not necessarily bad... Not much to say besides noting that

Neutral:
Everyone not mentioned for now.

Definitely good:
Too early to tell imo

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok I’m back home(was on mobile before). I’ll post some reads in a bit

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer

This is fair, and it does soften my view on you a bit. I'm going to chew on my thoughts for a while before updating my reads.

Pyra Pyra I get that you may be coming from a position of bias since I chose you as my fake target, but I think it was pretty clear that it was a fake claim. I never said that I "was just messin' ", and I pretty clearly stated my intentions with the gambit. Your view makes it sound a bit different.

D

Deleted member

@Shishœ

If several players don't post by the end of irl today or a deadline tomorrow, may we extend the deadline and search for replacement players?

Edit: ****ed up the tag
No deadline extensions for now nor do I believe any replacements are necessary this early in the game. If a player remains inactive for too many phases, then that'll be taken care of.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
That's fair, just wanted to make sure in case they don't post.

I'm trying not to push too hard on them, since workdays are kinda a thing. But I want to be prepared in case they never show.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
This is fair, and it does soften my view on you a bit. I'm going to chew on my thoughts for a while before updating my reads.

Pyra Pyra I get that you may be coming from a position of bias since I chose you as my fake target, but I think it was pretty clear that it was a fake claim. I never said that I "was just messin' ", and I pretty clearly stated my intentions with the gambit. Your view makes it sound a bit different.
I think I just worded it poorly because I was in a rush, lol. But we are on the same page.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Some Reads:

The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn : Not fuly sure on them. I think Werekill makes a good point about the fake claim he made and how Uni "reacted" to it. ITs weird that there was no comment, but I'm not sure if that's enough to consider Uni scum.

@GoldenYuiitusin : He hasn't said much, but he did question werekill's claim. I'm leaning towards town right now.

S Shiny : I'm not gonna tackle inactives here for obvious reassons. However shiny is a special class as he hasn't been here at all, despite being on. And he is quite active when he plays. So I'm leaning towards scum atm.

Lore Lore : I don't really agree with their play and expressed why. Seems like a way to draw attention to themselves and then clear themselves as town and allows them to bait whoever they please because people reacted to him. He also was quick to try and lowkey latch onto my statements( like the cop one) and Utopian's "peer pressure" statement to try and paint guilt.

Granted I can kind of understand the reason for those, but it feels really wrong to me. They'll definitely someone to watch imo. In fact if we have a real I'd reccomend checking werekill. It could go either way.

Ura Ura just show up so nothing to say here, but good to have more activity

Dooplissity Dooplissity definitely had a bad reaction to Werekill's claim. It could be an upset townie or scum trying to reflect a townie's actions back at them for an easy day one lynch, or it could be vice versa. Right now I'd lean towards scum with this one.

I'm not fully sure which is the truth there, but he's another one worth watching imo.

Pyra Pyra I don't really have anything to say. him being a "target" right away has made getting an accurate read hard. I'll definitely be thinking about his interactions down the line. Neutral right now though.

Pokechu Pokechu isn't super active atm, so I'm neutral on them.

I think that's everyone of note atm. If I missed someone, sorry. I had a lot to type up so I may have missed something. No one has to agree with me, but I thought I'd put my thoughts out there for discussion purposes.

EDIT NOTE: Fixed Shiny's tag

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Some Reads:

The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn : Not fuly sure on them. I think Werekill makes a good point about the fake claim he made and how Uni "reacted" to it. ITs weird that there was no comment, but I'm not sure if that's enough to consider Uni scum.

@GoldenYuiitusin : He hasn't said much, but he did question werekill's claim. I'm leaning towards town right now.

S Shiny : I don't really agree with their play and expressed why. Seems like a way to draw attention to themselves and then clear themselves as town and allows them to bait whoever they please because people reacted to him. He also was quick to try and lowkey latch onto my statements( like the cop one) and Utopian's "peer pressure" statement to try and paint guilt.

Granted I can kind of understand the reason for those, but it feels really wrong to me. They'll definitely someone to watch imo. In fact if we have a real I'd reccomend checking werekill. It could go either way.

Dooplissity Dooplissity definitely had a bad reaction to Werekill's claim. It could be an upset townie or scum trying to reflect a townie's actions back at them for an easy day one lynch, or it could be vice versa. Right now I'd lean towards scum with this one.

I'm not fully sure which is the truth there, but he's another one worth watching imo.

Pyra Pyra I don't really have anything to say. him being a "target" right away has made getting an accurate read hard. I'll definitely be thinking about his interactions down the line. Neutral right now though.

I think that's everyone of note atm. If I missed someone, sorry. I had a lot to type up so I may have missed something. No one has to agree with me, but I thought I'd put my thoughts out there for discussion purposes.

What the heck happened to my top section?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Some Reads:

S Shiny : I'm not gonna tackle inactives here for obvious reassons. However shiny is a special class as he hasn't been here at all, despite being on. And he is quite active when he plays. So I'm leaning towards scum atm.

Lore Lore : I don't really agree with their play and expressed why. Seems like a way to draw attention to themselves and then clear themselves as town and allows them to bait whoever they please because people reacted to him. He also was quick to try and lowkey latch onto my statements( like the cop one) and Utopian's "peer pressure" statement to try and paint guilt.

Ok sorry about that guys. The tags were merging for some reason but I fixed it now, so its not a mess to read.

D

Deleted member

So...Werekill gave a fake claim and we're not at all concerned about that?
What happened to "Lynch All Liars"?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Z25 Z25 On your read of me: I feel like you are viewing my posts towards you a bit too defensively, and it's influencing your read of me. What about my statements towards you feel scummy, particularly the cop comments?

More importantly, z25, one of your main scum reads is Shiny Legendary. This is purely due to inactivity, and the scum read implies that you are ok with lynching an inactive player. What is your personal logic here? Why would you lynch an inactive versus an active player that people have reacted to?

D

Deleted member

More importantly, z25, one of your main scum reads is Shiny Legendary. This is purely due to inactivity, and the scum read implies that you are ok with lynching an inactive player. What is your personal logic here? Why would you lynch an inactive versus an active player that people have reacted to?
In Shiny's case, it's because it's out of character for him. He'd normally be here talking up a storm.

That, and he's a bad liar, so if he says nothing, it could easily be he's hiding something.

EDIT: NOTE: Fixed a formatting issue. Nothing more.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

****. Permission to edit the post? Quoting someone who tagged another makes things problematic.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 Z25 On your read of me: I feel like you are viewing my posts towards you a bit too defensively, and it's influencing your read of me. What about my statements towards you feel scummy, particularly the cop comments?

Your read on me literally means nothing ( not to sound rude). I've literally almost on people's scum's list everygame now day 1 for little to no reason. I just accept it and move one.

My point with including your read is that you trying to slyly setup for a lynch later. Its pretty obvious as I've seen the same tactic before. You made sure to point out that made statements are weird, and that you didn't like Utopia's reaction either. But you didnt act further, you let them sit there.

Its very likely your trying to set a trap to spring later. That's why I don't like it. It would be the same if you had anyone else. I'm open for discussions, but I'm not gonna sugar coat things. Especially when you said yourself to separate ourselves from the game. It's nothing personal, I just dont like any of your moves. They seem like crazy stunts to seem town. Something that I watched happen in a previous game when a certain user pretended to be silenced day one, and was scum. Because they came up with a ludicrist plan the town believed them, except for me and like one other.

You learn from past experiences. So I'm gonna call things as I see them, maybe they are wrong and if they are I'll man up to it. I'm just doing my best to help town and expose scum.

As for shiny, yeah he is. If you visit the Nzone social long enough, you'll know him very well as he posts a lot and is quite open about irl. Not to mention, I've played at least 30 games with him. He is a very active user on here. So yes, he's been intentionally inacitve. He does it when he doesn't get town roles, trust me.

And did I say he was priority? No. I said in my post before that one, that if he is not here by the end of the day, he should be pressured for something, at least reply to the thread. If it doesn't, then yes I would lynch him due to what is clearly inacctivity.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I watched Captain Marvel, sorry for not being active Yesterday.
This is a start, but you posted way earlier in the Nzone yesterday that you watched it. You've been active on here since. So why haven't you actually been here? And are you reading the thread?

D

Deleted member

This is a start, but you posted way earlier in the Nzone yesterday that you watched it. You've been active on here since. So why haven't you actually been here? And are you reading the thread?
I was distracted with the NZ and Ultimate threads and I forgot about this.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Your read on me literally means nothing ( not to sound rude). I've literally almost on people's scum's list everygame now day 1 for little to no reason. I just accept it and move one.

My point with including your read is that you trying to slyly setup for a lynch later. Its pretty obvious as I've seen the same tactic before. You made sure to point out that made statements are weird, and that you didn't like Utopia's reaction either. But you didnt act further, you let them sit there.

Its very likely your trying to set a trap to spring later. That's why I don't like it. It would be the same if you had anyone else. I'm open for discussions, but I'm not gonna sugar coat things. Especially when you said yourself to separate ourselves from the game. It's nothing personal, I just dont like any of your moves. They seem like crazy stunts to seem town. Something that I watched happen in a previous game when a certain user pretended to be silenced day one, and was scum. Because they came up with a ludicrist plan the town believed them, except for me and like one other.

You learn from past experiences. So I'm gonna call things as I see them, maybe they are wrong and if they are I'll man up to it. I'm just doing my best to help town and expose scum.

As for shiny, yeah he is. If you visit the Nzone social long enough, you'll know him very well as he posts a lot and is quite open about irl. Not to mention, I've played at least 30 games with him. He is a very active user on here. So yes, he's been intentionally inacitve. He does it when he doesn't get town roles, trust me.

And did I say he was priority? No. I said in my post before that one, that if he is not here by the end of the day, he should be pressured for something, at least reply to the thread. If it doesn't, then yes I would lynch him due to what is clearly inacctivity.
Lmao my "read on [you] literally means nothing" eh?

Your posts have consistently left room to defend Doop or others who pushed against Toaster. You repeatedly wondered why a cop didn't counterclaim against an obvious gambit, then you continued talking about the potential cop.

You're pushing against an inactive player for what reasons? Because they were active on another thread? The game hasn't been going on for a full irl day yet, but despite that, you immediately want to be suspicious of why someone hasn't posted much?

My gambit, sure. I think it's reasonable to be suspicious of any gambit; to do otherwise is anti-town. It's a risk I accepted. But saying that I'm pointing out weird statements without voting based on them? Lol what?

That's called giving reads. If that's a trap for a lynch, then we might as well hang everyone.

I legitimately can't tell if you are a frustrated player who has been suspected early too many times, or if you are scum crying crocodile tears. I'll have to think on that one for a while.

Top Bottom