• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Mafia Academia -- ENDGAME: Bites Za Dusto

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
There's two ways it can go down.

We lynch Toaster.
Toaster comes up villain.
We know to trust Werekill.

We lynch Toaster.
Toaster comes up hero.
We lynch Werekill the next day.
My above post was poorly timed.

This is a logical two-step, and it luckily shouldn't harm anything in the process; getting a D1 scum confirmation is a joy in this game. I do want to hear Pyra Pyra 's defense before we do anything though, even if lynch them is the most successful move we can make given circumstances.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
My above post was poorly timed.

This is a logical two-step, and it luckily shouldn't harm anything in the process; getting a D1 scum confirmation is a joy in this game. I do want to hear Pyra Pyra 's defense before we do anything though, even if lynch them is the most successful move we can make given circumstances.
What would he possibly say that you'd believe? It's a cop guilty

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
vote: toaster

the hell are you all pussyfooting around this for?
I mean, i like the enthusiasm, but I'm not voting until we hear word from ToasterBrains. Hypothetically, the town should benefit on all fronts, but if Toaster can't support his claim made against him, then I'll gladly vote to lynch.

Dooplissity Dooplissity I'm ***** footing because we are 3 hours into the game and this seems too easy. There we go.

Vote: ToasterBrains

Fine, but y'all are impatient

@Shishœ when does majority lynch come into effect?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
This is a logical two-step, and it luckily shouldn't harm anything in the process; getting a D1 scum confirmation is a joy in this game.
Keep in mind dude, I feel nauseous with the game this set in stone this early on.
What would he possibly say that you'd believe? It's a cop guilty
"Hi I'm ToasterBrains and I'm cop"

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The game is literally heroes vs. villains.

So Toaster is either a Mafioso or a hostile 3rd Party.
This.

I really can't seeing there being a third party.

The only character that would work for this role would be stain. As he isn't really alligned with the league of villains. Its a very slim connection. He's still a very bad guy though. Honestly stain's character arc woild work really well for a third party considering what hiis goal and ideals are.

Either he probably wouldn't be good to keep around if he is a third party or mafia.

We lynch Toaster.

We lynch Toaster.
Toaster comes up hero.
Exactly. And honestly. A scum claiming cop day one would be a bold move. Granted this could be a scum team scenario. Where werekill looks perfect for lynching scum day one, and then can afford to not lynch any other scum down the line. But that's very risky as their plan could easily fall apart if someone counter claimed cop or they just got signaled out later in the game.

It can go either way, but I've seen both play out. I'd inclined to trust werekill for now and see how we go from hero. If we've got a cop it should be easy to smoke out scum.

so for now I'll vote.

Vote: Toasterbrains

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'm not saying that Werekill cannot be trusted. But shouldn't you guys be more wary of this?

2 hours in, and he chooses to copcheck ToasterBrains of all people (despite him stating pre-game he had his sights on Ura). And it's statistically unlikely to randomly pick a mafioso to check, seeing as there's less of them than the town. He also will not share the penalty he received for the copcheck, despite him having almost no chance at living later through the game if ToasterBrains truly is mafia, as he would be a confirmed townie by that point.

Plus, it is a day copcheck. Although that's more normal at this point than it should be :laugh:

There are also other factors such as ToasterBrains possibly being a Miller.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm not saying that Werekill cannot be trusted. But shouldn't you guys be more wary of this?

2 hours in, and he chooses to copcheck ToasterBrains of all people (despite him stating pre-game he had his sights on Ura). And it's statistically unlikely to randomly pick a mafioso to check, seeing as there's less of them than the town. He also will not share the penalty he received for the copcheck, despite him having almost no chance at living later through the game if ToasterBrains truly is mafia, as he would be a confirmed townie by that point.

Plus, it is a day copcheck. Although that's more normal at this point than it should be :laugh:

Honestly I’d like to hear from Toaster before I vote for him. Pretty much for this reason.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
How in the world are you going to pick me randomly for that?

Considering how early it is in the game I’m shocked any of you guys even went along with it.

Vote: Werekill
I mean, if y’all kill me and I turn out to be a hero, then I’m sure you guys know who to find suspicious- Were and those others who jumped on board waaaaaay too quickly should be looked at.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
How in the world are you going to pick me randomly for that?

Considering how early it is in the game I’m shocked any of you guys even went along with it.
Yeah a few too many people hopped too fast on that fake claim for me to trust them.

A D1 day cop? Where I refuse to say what the penalty is? Come on. Sorry for picking you Toaster; I picked you 99% because you asked "how do we start" and you as the fake investigate target was funny with that.

I'm cutting off the fake claim so that an actual cop doesn't accidentally reveal themselves.

I won't be claiming my actual role, unless truly requested. I have qualifies and actions at night that are far more effective if they are unknown.

But yeah! I've got some solid reads now. I'll do a detailed read post after I drive to work (an hourish) and get settled (depends on how much work there is).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I mean there’s no night phases so.

Anyway the only candidate for a miller is one of the actual villain characters. But that’s spoiler territories.
Yeah a few too many people hopped too fast on that fake claim for me to trust them.

A D1 day cop? Where I refuse to say what the penalty is? Come on. Sorry for picking you Toaster; I picked you 99% because you asked "how do we start" and you as the fake investigate target was funny with that.

I'm cutting off the fake claim so that an actual cop doesn't accidentally reveal themselves.

I won't be claiming my actual role, unless truly requested. I have qualifies and actions at night that are far more effective if they are unknown.

But yeah! I've got some solid reads now. I'll do a detailed read post after I drive to work (an hourish) and get settled (depends on how much work there is).
Honestly this is a pretty poor way to do things day one.

It’s a very flawed strafety. Especially when we have had day one cops before as well as day one mafia kills cause of it. You gain absolutely no useful information from that stunt.

If anything now I’m actually very supicous. You gave yourself a bit of a gimmick for day 1 which drew attention to yourself in a way to get people to trust you. On top on that your ready to frame townsfolk over a fake claim?

That’s pretty scummy to me tbh. There are way more actual logical ways to get reads. Your stunt doesnt do that. At most you’ve proved people can be guilable that does not equal scum though. If anything it makes you seem willing to do whatever it takes to look good or attract attention.

I’d like a pretty good explanation for yourself

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
vote: toaster

the hell are you all pussyfooting around this for?
Werekills’s bold “stunt” aside, this post brought out when he did it stands out me considering the context.
To me it seems like they’ve just kinda saw the first bolded thing and jumped on board to get someone out of the way quickly.

##VOTE: DOOPLISSITY

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Werekills’s bold “stunt” aside, this post brought out when he did it stands out me considering the context.
To me it seems like they’ve just kinda saw the first bolded thing and jumped on board to get someone out of the way quickly.

##VOTE: DOOPLISSITY
Their wording is definitely not that polite but I’m not sure. I can definitely see your point.

Let’s hear more Dooplissity Dooplissity

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
If anything now I’m actually very supicous. You gave yourself a bit of a gimmick for day 1 which drew attention to yourself in a way to get people to trust you. On top on that your ready to frame townsfolk over a fake claim?

That’s pretty scummy to me tbh. There are way more actual logical ways to get reads. Your stunt doesnt do that. At most you’ve proved people can be guilable that does not equal scum though. If anything it makes you seem willing to do whatever it takes to look good or attract attention.

I’d like a pretty good explanation for yourself
I figured that it was a useful tool for quickly getting reads in a game with short day phases, in addition to spurring activity. The info acquired today will only become more useful with more flips / legit investigations if we have a cop.

What's a more logical way to get reads D1? It's not a stunt that would work in more than one or two games from a single player, and I decided to spend it here.

Also, let's be blunt here. My post reeked of being fake from the get go, and I would hardly call "claiming two hours in then unclaiming the next irl morning" to be particularly framing of a Townsfolk. My read on Toaster is completely null, for obvious reasons.

For the record: If Dooplissity flips scum, this post from you is going to age very poorly.

To any cop if we have one: Toaster seems like a damn fine actual investigate target tonight. His being revealed would shine a great light on several reactions D1.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Scum:

Dooplissity Dooplissity : Going in super hard on believing the fake claim. Care to explain this?

Ura Ura
Jojalole Jojalole
@ShinyLegendary
And any other inactive player. Come on guys, get in here. Putting you in my scum reads for public shame. (mostly a joke, either way get in here)

Null but weird:

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin : Being confused about what Hero or Villain meant is a bit weird, but my read is null otherwise. This is one of those things that could be an honest confusion or a sign of a third party player, with 80% just confusion and 20% third party. Firmly null otherwise. His toaster vote, imo, needs some flips to be properly read.

The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn : Ignoring the fake claim entirely and not interacting? Weird as hell, unless I missed a post.

Z25 Z25 : This one is tricky. He reads as either town annoyed at a fake claim or scum pushing for a bad lynch. If Toaster is Town, a scum player would absolutely be down for the plan of Toast lynch then me. ESPECIALLY with him explicitly bringing up the possibility of a Toaster/Werekill scum team. It reeks of scum setting up D1 then D2, or it could be town exploring options.

Either way, for z25 I want to see a Dooplissity flip with a Toaster investigate.

Null:
@GoldenYuiitusin : Reads as someone seeing through the fake claim but letting it play out. I'd lean town read on him if we were further in the game.

praline praline : Mostly the same impression as Golden.

Pyra Pyra : Pretty obviously a null read for me; who wouldn't defend themselves, town or scum? Definitely a great Cop investigate target if we have a Cop, though.

Pokechu Pokechu : Either town doubting the claim and wanting to shut it down, or scum doing the same for Toaster as a scum teammate. I lean very far towards the town side there, because the other is a deep rabbit hole. Plus it's only one post, and I want to see more from him.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn : Ignoring the fake claim entirely and not interacting? Weird as hell, unless I missed a post.
Did this thing called working, then this thing called sleeping. Missed the claim while winding off from work from this.

But with that said, other NZers can back me up when I say that staying quiet is my go-to day 1 strategy.

Opo's second Heroes game is the best example of this, because not saying I was Wrys after Z25 specifically suggests what kind of role Wrys could have literally saved me from being daykilled by him on day one since killing Wrys was one of his win conditions.

If I don't see anything that's obviously suspicious, I tend to not talk about it because chances are someone has or will say whatever's on my mind.

And wouldn't you know it? Doop's behaviour definitely strikes me, and someone already brought it up.

I'm just waiting to see Doop's explanation on why he was pushing so hard on the fake claim before making my vote.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
If I don't see anything that's obviously suspicious, I tend to not talk about it because chances are someone has or will say whatever's on my mind.
Just realized I wrote that wrong and there's a no edit rule. ****!

Here's what I was trying to say,

If I don't see anything that's obviously suspicious, I tend to not talk about it. And if there is, chances are someone has or will say whatever's on my mind.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I figured that it was a useful tool for quickly getting reads in a game with short day phases, in addition to spurring activity. The info acquired today will only become more useful with more flips / legit investigations if we have a cop.

What's a more logical way to get reads D1? It's not a stunt that would work in more than one or two games from a single player, and I decided to spend it here.

Also, let's be blunt here. My post reeked of being fake from the get go, and I would hardly call "claiming two hours in then unclaiming the next irl morning" to be particularly framing of a Townsfolk. My read on Toaster is completely null, for obvious reasons.

For the record: If Dooplissity flips scum, this post from you is going to age very poorly.

To any cop if we have one: Toaster seems like a damn fine actual investigate target tonight. His being revealed would shine a great light on several reactions D1.
Day one reads should be obtained naturally not by forcing them. If you force them out with lies you risk damage to the town, as let’s be honest your going to get townies to react or new players/inexperienced players to react. From there you can get very invalid reads due to the later because those players would likely be scummy to you and that can cost town lives.

Imo it’s better to wait and see who sets off something then to try yourself. The game will progress naturally, we shouldn’t try to set people up. Not on day one anyway.

As for your claim I already said it was bold to claim and it be stupid for scum to try that. I just wanted an answer on your play.

As for dooplisity how does it make me look bad? I said his post had pretty bad formatting and that before hanging someone out again after you trying things. Granted I’m just more curious on why you think that.

As for the cop. I’m actually kind of surprised no one counter claimed you. Thats very strange

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Unvote

I know what a freaking villain is. You just gave zero details about it and I was going to call BS on you but then I realized "oh, it's probably just his role. Let me take it at face value for later".

But the fact that you made a BS fake claim 2 hours into the game to only take it back and say that "anybody who fell for it is scum is" doesn't really make sense.

I mean yeah, I'm really suspicious about Doop because of how fast he jumped the gun like I said NUMEROUS times...

Lore Lore Lore Lore , might you care to elaborate about what you found out, or do you only know "Villain"?
Besides Toaster though, who else are you looking at so far? Any reads (I don't expect any, we're still in the memeing part of the game)
This is a logical two-step, and it luckily shouldn't harm anything in the process; getting a D1 scum confirmation is a joy in this game. I do want to hear Pyra Pyra Pyra Pyra 's defense before we do anything though,
I mean, i like the enthusiasm, but I'm not voting until we hear word from ToasterBrains. Hypothetically, the town should benefit on all fronts, but if Toaster can't support his claim made against him, then I'll gladly vote to lynch.
Dooplissity Dooplissity Dooplissity Dooplissity I'm ***** footing because we are 3 hours into the game and this seems too easy. There we go.
"Hi I'm ToasterBrains and I'm cop"
Keep in mind dude, I feel nauseous with the game this set in stone this early on.
So what do we do until the end of the phase Dooplissity Dooplissity Dooplissity Dooplissity if you're so anxious
I mean, think of me as you will, but so far I don't think that your reasoning along the lines of "they thought i was telling the truth, haha losers" isn't enough for a scum read.

Okay, but...

We lynch Toaster.

We lynch Toaster.
Toaster comes up hero.
that's along the same lines as what Doop was doing; I'd be down to lynch Doop or Golden if you don't defend yourself

(I feel bad for lynching people who don't defend yourself but you are making WIDE generalizations pretty early dude...)

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Did this thing called working, then this thing called sleeping. Missed the claim while winding off from work from this.

But with that said, other NZers can back me up when I say that staying quiet is my go-to day 1 strategy.

Opo's second Heroes game is the best example of this, because not saying I was Wrys after Z25 specifically suggests what kind of role Wrys could have literally saved me from being daykilled by him on day one since killing Wrys was one of his win conditions.

And wouldn't you know it? Doop's behaviour definitely strikes me, and someone already brought it up.

I'm just waiting to see Doop's explanation on why he was pushing so hard on the fake claim before making my vote.
This would hold if, you know, you hadn't been the exact next post after the claim, an hour after it happened. I think it's reasonable to find that hard to believe.

I'm fair though, and I understand long days then having to sleep. But chill the sarcasm at the beginning, especially when you were the first person to post after the claim, an hour after it happened. I'm cool with seeing the tired human behind the post, but come on lol. It's fair to look at your post critically.

Also saying the "I was tired" excuse then immediately bringing up meta to excuse it? Why wasn't the "I was tired" excuse sufficient? I legitimately do not care about meta, and I do not find it to be a reasonable defense. Especially when you bring it up immediately as extra defense when you already had enough.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Day one reads should be obtained naturally not by forcing them. If you force them out with lies you risk damage to the town, as let’s be honest your going to get townies to react or new players/inexperienced players to react. From there you can get very invalid reads due to the later because those players would likely be scummy to you and that can cost town lives.

Imo it’s better to wait and see who sets off something then to try yourself. The game will progress naturally, we shouldn’t try to set people up. Not on day one anyway.

As for your claim I already said it was bold to claim and it be stupid for scum to try that. I just wanted an answer on your play.

As for dooplisity how does it make me look bad? I said his post had pretty bad formatting and that before hanging someone out again after you trying things. Granted I’m just more curious on why you think that.

As for the cop. I’m actually kind of surprised no one counter claimed you. Thats very strange
If that's your opinion on Day 1, fair. If you're town, it sounds reasonable.

If Dooplissity flips as scum, you immediately look like someone defending scum that "fell for it." I think it's reasonably to have you as a null (NOT scum) read until flips happen.

Unvote

I know what a freaking villain is. You just gave zero details about it and I was going to call BS on you but then I realized "oh, it's probably just his role. Let me take it at face value for later".

But the fact that you made a BS fake claim 2 hours into the game to only take it back and say that "anybody who fell for it is scum is" doesn't really make sense.

I mean yeah, I'm really suspicious about Doop because of how fast he jumped the gun like I said NUMEROUS times...

I mean, think of me as you will, but so far I don't think that your reasoning along the lines of "they thought i was telling the truth, haha losers" isn't enough for a scum read.

Okay, but...

that's along the same lines as what Doop was doing; I'd be down to lynch Doop or Golden if you don't defend yourself

(I feel bad for lynching people who don't defend yourself but you are making WIDE generalizations pretty early dude...)
Yo I had you as null but weird, not scum. I even explicitly said that currently the weird hero vs villain behavior didn't mean much for now, and it's mostly just more stuff for later in the game if info is revealed. Chill.

I didn't say "anybody who fell for it is scum," and you are generalizing my post in the same way that you are accusing me of doing it. Doop is my only current scum read due to how absolutely hard he went in on it, and I want to see his response.

Like I don't see how you can call my read post generalizing when I'm being extremely specific and detailed on each read.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Oh also for the Toaster vote, I mostly meant that it's one of those votes that isn't particularly good or bad right now. It's a vote where, if Toaster is investigated or flipped as scum, could potentially look like an early bus attempt.

We have zero reason to believe that right now, and I'm mostly just noting it for future reference. No worries, I still have you as null.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The reason he didn't explain is is probably because the host did.

The Town will be represented by the Heroes and the Mafia will be represented by the Villains.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Scum:

Dooplissity Dooplissity : Going in super hard on believing the fake claim. Care to explain this?

Ura Ura
Jojalole Jojalole
@ShinyLegendary
And any other inactive player. Come on guys, get in here. Putting you in my scum reads for public shame. (mostly a joke, either way get in here)

Null but weird:

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin : Being confused about what Hero or Villain meant is a bit weird, but my read is null otherwise. This is one of those things that could be an honest confusion or a sign of a third party player, with 80% just confusion and 20% third party. Firmly null otherwise. His toaster vote, imo, needs some flips to be properly read.

The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn : Ignoring the fake claim entirely and not interacting? Weird as hell, unless I missed a post.

Z25 Z25 : This one is tricky. He reads as either town annoyed at a fake claim or scum pushing for a bad lynch. If Toaster is Town, a scum player would absolutely be down for the plan of Toast lynch then me. ESPECIALLY with him explicitly bringing up the possibility of a Toaster/Werekill scum team. It reeks of scum setting up D1 then D2, or it could be town exploring options.

Either way, for z25 I want to see a Dooplissity flip with a Toaster investigate.

Null:
@GoldenYuiitusin : Reads as someone seeing through the fake claim but letting it play out. I'd lean town read on him if we were further in the game.

praline praline : Mostly the same impression as Golden.

Pyra Pyra : Pretty obviously a null read for me; who wouldn't defend themselves, town or scum? Definitely a great Cop investigate target if we have a Cop, though.

Pokechu Pokechu : Either town doubting the claim and wanting to shut it down, or scum doing the same for Toaster as a scum teammate. I lean very far towards the town side there, because the other is a deep rabbit hole. Plus it's only one post, and I want to see more from him.
In regards to utopia, I believe he has not read or watched mha so that be why he’s confused. Although the opening post also kind of explains things so it could go either way.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
But I mean Lore Lore , now we can final talk through stuff. Even if I voted for you, I just want to see where your head's at.
If you post again while I'm typing, I'll be frustrated at myself lol. I really need to click the "view more replies" button when it pops up.

I think I'm pretty explicitly clear where my head is, though? Like I'm being extremely specific.

Top Bottom