• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Mafia Academia -- ENDGAME: Bites Za Dusto

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
I won't be claiming my actual role, unless truly requested. I have qualifies and actions at night that are far more effective if they are unknown.
Didn't see this said anywhere else, but don't real claim. It's way too early for someone to claim (unless there is an actual Day 1 Day Cop out there that does have a villain flip.). Not the biggest fan of your gambit, but I'm going to acknowledge that's more of me just not liking that gambits as a playstyle and doesn't have an actual indication of your alignment.

Z25 Z25 How familiar are you with the flavor? Are you willing to be the Guy Fieri of this game and take us to flavortown whenever we need someone to do so?
I'm fine with ToasterBrains, Pokechu's, and Golden's reactions to Werekill's fake claim. I think if Doop just left his vote as a vote on ToasterBrain it wouldn't have seen scummy, but pressuring other people into voting for toaster so quickly in the day phase I wasn't the biggest fan of, we still have 36 hours left in the day we should really utilize it. Utopian falling under the pressure so easily from Doop I don't like, so I have my eye on Utops right now.

Also 1000 people have posted since I started writing this I did not expect this game to be so fast.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Didn't see this said anywhere else, but don't real claim. It's way too early for someone to claim (unless there is an actual Day 1 Day Cop out there that does have a villain flip.). Not the biggest fan of your gambit, but I'm going to acknowledge that's more of me just not liking that gambits as a playstyle and doesn't have an actual indication of your alignment.

Z25 Z25 How familiar are you with the flavor? Are you willing to be the Guy Fieri of this game and take us to flavortown whenever we need someone to do so?
I'm fine with ToasterBrains, Pokechu's, and Golden's reactions to Werekill's fake claim. I think if Doop just left his vote as a vote on ToasterBrain it wouldn't have seen scummy, but pressuring other people into voting for toaster so quickly in the day phase I wasn't the biggest fan of, we still have 36 hours left in the day we should really utilize it. Utopian falling under the pressure so easily from Doop I don't like, so I have my eye on Utops right now.

Also 1000 people have posted since I started writing this I did not expect this game to be so fast.
Fair, gambits are pretty polarizing. I used to be hardcore against them back when I played, but irl mafia/werewolf/resistance have made me enjoy them in light doses.

I'm very familiar with the flavor and can also help if flavor stuff is needed.

As for the speed, I honestly wouldn't mind days being extended to 72 hours. I feel under a bit of pressure to post post post with 48.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
This would hold if, you know, you hadn't been the exact next post after the claim, an hour after it happened. I think it's reasonable to find that hard to believe.

I'm fair though, and I understand long days then having to sleep. But chill the sarcasm at the beginning, especially when you were the first person to post after the claim, an hour after it happened. I'm cool with seeing the tired human behind the post, but come on lol. It's fair to look at your post critically.
Is your logic here really just "he's the first one who replied to my claim list, so I can't believe it"?

At least, if that's the case, the "I'm fair though" part shows that you know it's not a lynch-worthy logic. If anything, it might just be a way to get a conversation going, which could potentially lead to a read, so I can't really complain about it being a bad mindset, since it really isn't.

Also saying the "I was tired" excuse then immediately bringing up meta to excuse it? Why wasn't the "I was tired" excuse sufficient? I legitimately do not care about meta, and I do not find it to be a reasonable defense. Especially when you bring it up immediately as extra defense when you already had enough.
Okay, that argument makes more sense to me.

I'm just rusty as hell and meta had some impact in the last few games I did here, so it's just not me getting with the times like an old man :p

Unvote

Nice, so let's talk.

So I'm fine with voting Doop, but where would we go from there?
The Toaster vs Werekill scenario is also interesting.

But I'd like to point out that when Golden listed the possibilities, he never brought up the possibility of both of them being townies, with Were just trying to do an early-game gambit.

To him, one of them should be scum in this scenario.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
In all fairness, there's a couple of inactives. Cop could be one of those if there's one.
This is probably likely. Which is a little unfortunate as the scum could narrow down inactive if we are unlucky and kill the cop.
If that's your opinion on Day 1, fair. If you're town, it sounds reasonable.

If Dooplissity flips as scum, you immediately look like someone defending scum that "fell for it." I think it's reasonably to have you as a null (NOT scum) read until flips happen.

Yo I had you as null but weird, not scum. I even explicitly said that currently the weird hero vs villain behavior didn't mean much for now, and it's mostly just more stuff for later in the game if info is revealed. Chill.

I didn't say "anybody who fell for it is scum," and you are generalizing my post in the same way that you are accusing me of doing it. Doop is my only current scum read due to how absolutely hard he went in on it, and I want to see his response.

Like I don't see how you can call my read post generalizing when I'm being extremely specific and detailed on each read.
I wouldn’t say I really defended him but I get where your coming from, that’s fair.

If by favor shuffle, you mean explain it each day? Sure, I’ve watched all through the first 3 seasons that this is based on. It’s a great show. I can definitely offer my thoughts on flavor and try and help figure anything out from it if need be.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Just realized I wrote that wrong and there's a no edit rule. ****!
There's sort of half of a no-edit rule for this one.
- You can edit to fix up minor errors like that one
- you can't edit posts in a way that makes substantial changes to the meaning of the post or to add whole new info to it
- you can't edit after another person posts after you

I can track what's being changed in each edit, so we can be a bit more lenient than just a flat "no edits" like in other games.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
There's sort of half of a no-edit rule for this one.
- You can edit to fix up minor errors like that one
- you can't edit posts in a way that makes substantial changes to the meaning of the post or to add whole new info to it
- you can't edit after another person posts after you

I can track what's being changed in each edit, so we can be a bit more lenient than just a flat "no edits" like in other games.
I'd rather not do that anyway, just for the sake of not having the habit stuck in a game without any Moydow surveillance :p

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Unvote

Nice, so let's talk.

So I'm fine with voting Doop, but where would we go from there?
If Doop flips scum, I'm down for Z25.

Honestly though, I'm not quite sure from there. Given the nature of the game, I'm expecting some night action craziness. D2 will likely be a doozy.

Is your logic here really just "he's the first one who replied to my claim list, so I can't believe it"?

At least, if that's the case, the "I'm fair though" part shows that you know it's not a lynch-worthy logic. If anything, it might just be a way to get a conversation going, which could potentially lead to a read, so I can't really complain about it being a bad mindset, since it really isn't.

Okay, that argument makes more sense to me.

I'm just rusty as hell and meta had some impact in the last few games I did here, so it's just not me getting with the times like an old man :p

The Toaster vs Werekill scenario is also interesting.

But I'd like to point out that when Golden listed the possibilities, he never brought up the possibility of both of them being townies, with Were just trying to do an early-game gambit.

To him, one of them should be scum in this scenario.
I mean, you were the first one to reply. An hour after I made the post. To say that you missed it is hard to believe, but I'm also trying to be reasonable.

Actually in hindsight, let's say that we believe everything you have said about your own meta. Hypothetically, I'm going to pretend that I am all for following your meta.

So when you said this:
Just realized I wrote that wrong and there's a no edit rule. ****!

Here's what I was trying to say,

If I don't see anything that's obviously suspicious, I tend to not talk about it. And if there is, chances are someone has or will say whatever's on my mind.
How was a D1 cop claim not immediately suspicious, if you want us to believe your meta as a defense? Not to mention how you posted again later while the claim was still active (iirc) and still didn't mention it.

If you are legitimately town, then please understand that keeping opinions to yourself is anti-town, even if someone has already said what you think. Keeping reads close to the chest only helps scum, unless it is a gambit.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Just wanted to give y’all an update on me real quick: I’m going to attempt to list my reads as well later. Just at a psych appointment this morning, so nothing substantial from me right this moment, but I am reading everything!

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Do you want to lynch Doop as your top choice? Or would you rather go somewhere else?
If nothing else happens, I'll vote Doop by the end of the day, yes. They are really striking me as scum, but...

Werekill's claim was too good to be true too early on, and Doop was completely baited by this and was full-blown "get out ToasterBrains". While this is really bad on Doop's part, I'll let you all know that I'm giving everybody benefit of the doubt for one scum-sighting. He's the best bet, but I really don't want to be wrong about that...

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
As for the cop. I’m actually kind of surprised no one counter claimed you. Thats very strange
No way. Not strange at all. The very first thought I had was that it was a gambit, surely the cop could figure that out as well. And if they couldn't, they'd still probably realize it's never a good idea to out themselves D1.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
How was a D1 cop claim not immediately suspicious, if you want us to believe your meta as a defense? Not to mention how you posted again later while the claim was still active (iirc) and still didn't mention it.
I posted literally once between the time you started your gambit and the time you admitted it was a gambit. I even checked just to be absolutely sure.

What was it? Just a follow-up on Goldie's "left hand" ****post. Not long before I needed to go sleep too.

And again...

Did this thing called working, then this thing called sleeping. Missed the claim while winding off from work from this.
If you are legitimately town, then please understand that keeping opinions to yourself is anti-town, even if someone has already said what you think. Keeping reads close to the chest only helps scum, unless it is a gambit.
I want to hear that Doop has to say because the formatting is really weird.

No way. Not strange at all. The very first thought I had was that it was a gambit, surely the cop could figure that out as well. And if they couldn't, they'd still probably realize it's never a good idea to out themselves D1.
Yeah, if anything, the cop would most likely have prioritized Werekill as a check target for the night rather than say "Hi! This dude's lying 'cause I'm the cop!"

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I posted literally once between the time you started your gambit and the time you admitted it was a gambit. I even checked just to be absolutely sure.

What was it? Just a follow-up on Goldie's "left hand" ****post. Not long before I needed to go sleep too.

And again...

I want to hear that Doop has to say because the formatting is really weird.

Yeah, if anything, the cop would most likely have prioritized Werekill as a check target for the night rather than say "Hi! This dude's lying 'cause I'm the cop!"
Thanks for the clarification; I misremembered the timing of the second post.

But still, come on. I get that tiredness is often a good excuse, but your bringing up of your meta even when your meta got contradicted? Even when tiredness alone would have been sufficient as an excuse? It makes the whole thing reek.

Give your current read list, or you rocket up to my list of potential scum. Try to make up for not sharing opinions earlier, if tiredness really was the reason.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I won't be on for a while, but when I get back in 5-6 hours, I'll be posting a list of reads for myself. Keep in mind that most of them will be neutral because I don't want anybody to feel bad of me accusing them of something they aren't...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
[
QUOTE="Pokechu, post: 23098231, member: 238951"]No way. Not strange at all. The very first thought I had was that it was a gambit, surely the cop could figure that out as well. And if they couldn't, they'd still probably realize it's never a good idea to out themselves D1.[/QUOTE]maybe but depending on how expierenced the cop is, they could have easily said they were cop thinking it was an easy scum lynch. Because if werekill never dropped the act and continued, and lynched at least one scum, then without a doubt the cop would not be able to actually claim because werekill would be more trusted and the cop would die. Sure that would lead to a werekill lynch but it would be too late at that point.

Of course this is hypothetical but I still would have expected a cop to at the very least be very opposed to werekill even if they didn’t say they were cop. That is if they were active

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I won't be on for a while, but when I get back in 5-6 hours, I'll be posting a list of reads for myself. Keep in mind that most of them will be neutral because I don't want anybody to feel bad of me accusing them of something they aren't...
No guts, no glory. Keep the person in game seperated from the person out of game, and there won't be hard feelings.

I used to get SUPER tilted and emotional in that regard, and it turned games into pure stress. It wasn't great for anyone.

maybe but depending on how expierenced the cop is, they could have easily said they were cop thinking it was an easy scum lynch. Because if werekill never dropped the act and continued, and lynched at least one scum, then without a doubt the cop would not be able to actually claim because werekill would be more trusted and the cop would die. Sure that would lead to a werekill lynch but it would be too late at that point.

Of course this is hypothetical but I still would have expected a cop to at the very least be very opposed to werekill even if they didn’t say they were cop. That is if they were active
It's not exactly strange that a cop didn't want to counter claim this early against a likely gambit. Why are you concerned with this?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
No guts, no glory. Keep the person in game seperated from the person out of game, and there won't be hard feelings.

I used to get SUPER tilted and emotional in that regard, and it turned games into pure stress. It wasn't great for anyone.

It's not exactly strange that a cop didn't want to counter claim this early against a likely gambit. Why are you concerned with this?
What happened to that quote?

And I’m not concerned. I just said I’m surprised and that is more likely say right now that an inactive is cop. We have a lot of people not as familiar with the game. It would have been expected for them to slip up if cop because of your fake claim. It’s that simple

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
What happened to that quote?

And I’m not concerned. I just said I’m surprised and that is more likely say right now that an inactive is cop. We have a lot of people not as familiar with the game. It would have been expected for them to slip up if cop because of your fake claim. It’s that simple
Your initial quoting of pokechu unfortunately had some formatting messed up, so I fixed it so it could be viewable within my quote of you.

It's just a bit weird that you're focusing on who the cop might be. More than a bit weird, really.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Your initial quoting of pokechu unfortunately had some formatting messed up, so I fixed it so it could be viewable within my quote of you.

It's just a bit weird that you're focusing on who the cop might be. More than a bit weird, really.
Again I’m not focused.

I only continued discussions because I was quoted. I’m not gonna ignore responses to me. It’s that simple

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Thanks for the clarification; I misremembered the timing of the second post.

But still, come on. I get that tiredness is often a good excuse, but your bringing up of your meta even when your meta got contradicted? Even when tiredness alone would have been sufficient as an excuse? It makes the whole thing reek.

Give your current read list, or you rocket up to my list of potential scum. Try to make up for not sharing opinions earlier, if tiredness really was the reason.
Fair enough.

Suspicious:

Dooplissity Dooplissity - Dude was pushing hard on your fake claim, like a few people said.

Need some time for me to figure things out:

Lore Lore - I actually have a theory about you and your gambit, but if my theory's right, saying it out loud could end up ruining things. My opinion of you will vary depending on what happens in the next few phases, giving me the time to think of whether or not my theory's right.

@GoldenYuiitusin - While not as obvious as Doop, he did go into the "vote Toaster, then vote Werekill if Toaster flipped town" kind of scenario and tried to get us into it. But aside from the possibility of both being town, his overall reasoning isn't wrong and it could just be townie thinking since pretty much anyone could think the same way, hence why he doesn't strike me as suspicious.

Say something already!!!:

Ura Ura Jojalole Jojalole @ShinyLegendary - Seriously, you three are doing nothing and that can really screw things over for us.

Neutral:

Everyone else. Not worth tagging.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Fair enough.

Suspicious:

Dooplissity Dooplissity - Dude was pushing hard on your fake claim, like a few people said.

Need some time for me to figure things out:

Lore Lore - I actually have a theory about you and your gambit, but if my theory's right, saying it out loud could end up ruining things. My opinion of you will vary depending on what happens in the next few phases, giving me the time to think of whether or not my theory's right.

@GoldenYuiitusin - While not as obvious as Doop, he did go into the "vote Toaster, then vote Werekill if Toaster flipped town" kind of scenario and tried to get us into it. But aside from the possibility of both being town, his overall reasoning isn't wrong and it could just be townie thinking since pretty much anyone could think the same way, hence why he doesn't strike me as suspicious.

Say something already!!!:

Ura Ura Jojalole Jojalole @ShinyLegendary - Seriously, you three are doing nothing and that can really screw things over for us.

Neutral:

Everyone else. Not worth tagging.
Shiny not being active in these games is odd. He usually posts liked 20 times a day if not more. Hmm.

So @ShinyLegendary where you been?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Shiny not being active in these games is odd. He usually posts liked 20 times a day if not more. Hmm.
Now that you mention it, that is weird...

And we can't say he was offline all that time either, since he posted a couple of times in other threads since the game started.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Z25 Z25 - That's fair, but please understand that it's still not exactly a good luck. I hesitate to call it scum until further info, but I think my view is fair on it.

The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn - Thanks for being reasonable. I'd like to push for Doop and keep you as neutral, until further flips and info.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Now that you mention it, that is weird...

And we can't say he was offline all that time either, since he posted a couple of times in other threads since the game started.
I would have honestly forgot he was playing if he wasn’t mentioned in reads list. Especially since he’s been online

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I would have honestly forgot he was playing if he wasn’t mentioned in reads list. Especially since he’s been online
Yep.

Shiny's officially moved to Suspicious in my list now... except it's not gonna be edited because of them damn rules, so just pretend that it is edited :P[/SIZE]

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 Z25 - That's fair, but please understand that it's still not exactly a good luck. I hesitate to call it scum until further info, but I think my view is fair on it.

The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn - Thanks for being reasonable. I'd like to push for Doop and keep you as neutral, until further flips and info.
That’s fair, like I said I i get where your coming, but I wanted to state and explain where I was coming from.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
My TB vote was "peer pressure" because nobody else was talking except for Doop and he was incredulous of me not voting at the time.

My Werekill vote was spite/not-being-a-good-sport
I don’t think either are a particularly good reason to vote for anyone tbh but you do you

I wouldn’t let anyone “peer pressure” you into doing anything especially when they went full speed ahead nearly immediately after a bogus claim.

Spite isn’t a great reason either for obvious reasons, but I’m not gonna suddenly stop eyeing him just because he confessed it was a gambit- for all we know the whole thing could be set up to make him look better in an ironic kind of way (says something bad, reveal it was to bait peoples reactions out, acts as one of the most proactive people)

But it did certainly get reactions so, for the time being i’m strongly recommending people look carefully at Doop.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I started typing that a while ago and had to go into the appointment so my bad if the situations changed again lol

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Chill out guys i'm just catching up lol. Give me some time.

Top Bottom