• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNugget

Smash Journeyman
I just finished that Story of the Blanks flash game.
Theres one thing about that game that bothers me, IT REMINDS ME OF SOMETHING I CANT THINK OF. honestly there has to be some movie or something where a person finds a happy village, and it turns out cursed and was actually the past version and you then see the future version where its all broken and decayed. but what.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Guys, do you have opinions on what part of the world the mane 6 came from?

Example:
Twilight Sparkle: Canada
Pinkie Pie: Spain
Rainbow Dash: Alaska

etc.
This is just an example. It's not my opinion.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
The sorry-excuse-for-a-dragon's voice actor looks like amy sedaris

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
Pgggggggg
i was actually expecting another screamer esque game like the luna game for that one. but it was actually really good. def. creeped me out.
Nite everypony
/page
Honestly I thought that too so I skipped through the beginning text and only played for like 3-5 minutes.
I maybe wasn't gonna play it after that, but when it was brought up on this thread as well as what made it "scary". After realizing that I finally got around to playing it.

Theres one thing about that game that bothers me, IT REMINDS ME OF SOMETHING I CANT THINK OF. honestly there has to be some movie or something where a person finds a happy village, and it turns out cursed and was actually the past version and you then see the future version where its all broken and decayed. but what.
Didn't think of that, but I will agree with you that it now seems familiar to something in regards to what happened in the game with something else. I sadly don't know what though. it seriously seems like I've seen something like this in multiple different movies and such.

===============
Lastly on this subject after I finished playing a second time I curiously tried to recollect what happened in Sunny Town a.k.a. the entire story to the game.
I feel that I've figured out most of what happened, but I'm still not sure how the pony with the magnifying glass cutie mark would've "ruined" the party.
Any suggestions or ideas from anybody on what they thought about what happened with sunny town?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I've already mentioned it during my post-work-sex-session with you, but I NEED those Applejack drawings on that wall in the video. ESPYECIALLY the second from the top.

Example:

etc.
Applejack is from San An-mother****ing-god-damn-tonio Texas.

john!

Smash Hero
I WIN! i win
i see nothing about genitals.

Example:

etc.
well luna is from the moon :awesome:

and fluttershy is probably from france, judging by the fact that she wanted french haute couture in s.f.s. and wore that french-like straw hat in g.i.y.c.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Twilight - Japan (nerd)
Fluttershy - Canada (the country that stays back on the sidelines)
Rarity - France (fancy)
Pinkie - Mars (self explanatory)
Dash - AMERICA **** YEAH (salute)
Applejack - San An-mother****ing-god-damn-tonio Texas

john!

Smash Hero
ew no fluttershy isn't from canada. gtfo. you can say she's from switzerland or something if you want to highlight her non-interventionism. but france works too, since she tends to surrender and back down at any sign of conflict.

Phantom Gamer

ew no fluttershy isn't from canada. gtfo. you can say she's from switzerland or something if you want to highlight her non-interventionism. but france works too, since she tends to surrender and back down at any sign of conflict.
Fortunately not every conflict though like with the dragon when her friends were in trouble in Dragonshy. So I'd say she's still somewhat better than french people.

Snails is Canadian...
Hurry up and vanquish it eh!
Yeah, I figured that too with Snails saying that line.

McNugget

Smash Journeyman
noooo!! the country that loves a violent sport like hockey and is cold as **** could never have spawned such a warm, caring pony. you know not of what you speak!
actually, nothing happens to canada eh? canadians are nice kind people (or so i hear) until their favorite sports team that noone has ever heard of before looses, then they become vicious, like fluttershy when her friends are in danger.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
but france works too, since she tends to surrender and back down at any sign of conflict.
Where We've Seen It:

The image of the "cowardly Frenchman" has appeared in virtually every media possible, from movies to children's shows and video games, right down to the personal sentiments of Captain America (and he wouldn't lie to you; dishonesty makes Captain America vomit in rage).

Why it's All Bull****:

Ask Rudyard Kipling, who once famously said about the French: "Their business is war, and they do their business." And boy howdy, a quick glance at France's history shows business is booming:

Since 387 BC, France has fought 168 major wars against such badasses as the Roman Empire, the British Army and the Turkish forces. Their track record isn't too shabby, either: They've won 109, lost 49 and drawn (or as close as you can "draw" a war) 10 times. Professional boxers have been crowned world champions on ****tier records than that.

And while it is true that France surrendered to Germany relatively early in WWII, that was only because they hadn't picked themselves up after WWI yet. And WWI (despite being an entire "I" lower) wasn't exactly an anemic playground chickenfight--the French suffered about 5.7 million casualties (the war killed or wounded an incredible 37 million people worldwide).

So yes, the next time around they let the Germans take over officially, but they never actually stopped fighting: the French resistance was one of the most enduring symbols of Nazi opposition in Europe. The resistance was the originator of the archetypal trench coat wearing merchants of bloody death you see in countless action movies and video games today. They blew up bridges, staged daring night raids, slit German throats while generally looking fantastic (if a little ennui-stricken) while doing it.

And not a damn thing's changed since then: France is the most underestimated military force in the world, with the third highest military spending on the planet and an estimated 300 nuclear warheads at their disposal. So basically... we might want to knock off the "coward" talk now, lest we find the impeccably-styled death squads smoking their thin cigarettes on our doorstep.
yeah i know. i never said canada couldn't produce good things! like maple syrup. and rush.

Phantom Gamer

Whoah. 0_0
Don't know where Espy found that tidbit of info, but it was interesting.
Didn't know the French could be badass in that respect. Guess I've been subjected to this "coward" stereotype with French people more often than not.
That and them being snooty, but that seems to be true at least for us Americans anyways unless I'm proven otherwise.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Fluttershy - TEXAS!
Applejack - TEXAS!
Rarity - TEXAS!
Twilight - TEXAS!
Rainbow Dash - TEXAS!
Pinkie Pie - TEXAS!Mars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom