• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Kirby combo/gameplay video (Brawl)

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
This is my first attempt at a serious combo/gameplay video featuring my Kirby. It's more like gameplay but there are some combos in there. Please tell me what you think about it, I put a lot of effort into making it. I made the picture and arranged all the music for piano just for the video. Some of the footage is slightly outdated but most isn't.

Edit: Quality isn't perfect, I don't have a capture card but it's FAR from unwatchable. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN1FIBMc_Ik

Thank you. :)

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I love the piano! You have a good ear...
why is the video so blurry??
thanx. I don't have a capture card, it's the best quality I can do. :urg: But you can still tell exactly what's going on.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
thanx. I don't have a capture card, it's the best quality I can do. :urg: But you can still tell exactly what's going on.
True. Great job overall, plus your game play is pretty good, you had some goofy players in there but during the decent battles your timing was flawless.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
True. Great job overall, plus your game play is pretty good, you had some goofy players in there but during the decent battles your timing was flawless.
Thank you. This means a lot to me. :)

Tiersie

Smash Ace
Eh, sorry to burst your bubble, but I have to say that the people you faced were actually atrocious. It got to an extreme with the snake clip around 2:30. But really the lengthy clips made it easy to judge the class of both you and your opponent, and I have to say both need a lot of work. Actually the only reason I watched the whole video was because of your excellent piano playing.

Also a random sidenote "If you were expecting f-throw-u-air-f-throw-u-air-d-tilt-f-sma sh galore you're going to be disappointed. I avoided those because they're easy to do and not really special. =/"

This is so easily escapable it's not even funny. Tell your opponents to mash the jump button and you won't ever have to do it again.

Oh and you should really stop using random fsmashes. It's great how you can connect each and every one of them by playing against these opponents and still remains a kill move because of their DI being straight from march 08. But you should try to keep it fresh so it can actually kill. If you need space use ftilt, If you want to keep your space use back air. Also I saw you rollspam a lot. Try utilting out of a roll when you're close to an opponent. Although you don't get punished for doing more laggy attacks now anyway so that might be a useless piece of advice right now.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Eh, sorry to burst your bubble, but I have to say that the people you faced were actually atrocious. It got to an extreme with the snake clip around 2:30. But really the lengthy clips made it easy to judge the class of both you and your opponent, and I have to say both need a lot of work. Actually the only reason I watched the whole video was because of your excellent piano playing.

Also a random sidenote "If you were expecting f-throw-u-air-f-throw-u-air-d-tilt-f-sma sh galore you're going to be disappointed. I avoided those because they're easy to do and not really special. =/"

This is so easily escapable it's not even funny. Tell your opponents to mash the jump button and you won't ever have to do it again.

Oh and you should really stop using random fsmashes. It's great how you can connect each and every one of them by playing against these opponents and still remains a kill move because of their DI being straight from march 08. But you should try to keep it fresh so it can actually kill. If you need space use ftilt, If you want to keep your space use back air. Also I saw you rollspam a lot. Try utilting out of a roll when you're close to an opponent. Although you don't get punished for doing more laggy attacks now anyway so that might be a useless piece of advice right now.

tl;dr: no.

k your the first and only person who didnt like it. k thnx.

edit: I didn't get any sleep, check the disco room if you can. Im replying to this now. I stale f-smash if I'm ahead a stock, I use it to build damage, so if I get KO'd I can revenge kill with a fresh f-smash. This is just how I play as reflected against Donkey Kong. And I agree I need to use more f-tilt.

KROE

Smash Cadet
I actually found it very entertaining. I mean i'm not like crazy good or anything but I admit, I thought it was really cunning and stunning =3 Thank you. hopefully i'll get to meet more people w/awesome vids lke this one!:p

Tiersie

Smash Ace
To above

Yeah....

Also I thought a person who uses her GPA as a diss mechanism would read more. But I guess that's just me. Also, I'm fairly certain I'm not the first that didn't like it, I'm probably just the first to say so, which is also quite obvious since you ban people at the first sign of criticism. Anyway I alread told you all I had to say, so I'll just let you get praised into heaven by your fanboys and girls.

(Oh and before you think so I don't hold a grudge against you and you didn't block me... yet).

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
To above

Yeah....

Also I thought a person who uses her GPA as a diss mechanism would read more. But I guess that's just me.
I use my GPA? What are you talking about? =/ If anything I say about my GPA is im still dumb even though it's reasonably high.:(

Also, I'm fairly certain I'm not the first that didn't like it, I'm probably just the first to say so, which is also quite obvious since you ban people at the first sign of criticism. Anyway I alread told you all I had to say, so I'll just let you get praised into heaven by your fanboys and girls.

(Oh and before you think so I don't hold a grudge against you and you didn't block me... yet).
I don't have fanboys/girls here. This is not Youtube. It is Smashboards.

I don't ban people for criticism, I ban them for trolling, spamming or advertising. I'm sorry if you disliked my video. =/

No offense, but you just seem like your average everyday troll from Youtube who dislikes me for whatever reason. In fact, this entire post just invalidated your argument against my video. Please do not post in here again.:ohwell:

KROE

Smash Cadet
={ that's not nice Tiersie, I mean i'm sure it's not I guess the greatest video or anything, but I know it's better than what I can do. Which is why I gave it praise, and well I found it interesting. I'm not a hardcore like player or anything, I mean i'm feminime, that's not our thing. >>; but it was kinda cool.

Just be nice to everyone =3

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
^It's nice what you said but

I'm not a hardcore like player or anything, I mean i'm feminime, that's not our thing. >>; but it was kinda cool.

Just be nice to everyone =3
lmao...:urg:

anyways please lets just drop it. So someone disliked my video. It's cool. I never said it was perfect. ^^ However I strongly disagree about the players being bad. One even came 4th in a decent sized tourny. The Snake however was bad no doubt lol, only reason I put that clip up was because I zero-deathed him twice in a row. The one with Pit getting hit by a f-smash after I crouch spam is a joke and i put it in because I had to have perfect footage to music ratio.

Rolling looks bad, but it's only bad if you're getting punished for it.

MRGAY

Smash Cadet
Don't take criticism so personally. If you make something, don't just expect praise in a free forum.

The game play wasn't very good, just try to follow some of the advice that tiersie gave ya, and visit your hero specific forum. The threads there are helpful if you don't mind reading.

Less drawn out clips with more action make for a better combo video, also. Instead of letting the two full lives play out, just choose the most action packed parts, nobody wants to see a lot of rolling around.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
The music, and that last clip was just 5 star worthy! :D

... If ratings weren't disabled. :/

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
The music, and that last clip was just 5 star worthy! :D

... If ratings weren't disabled. :/
lol thanks. I disable ratings for all my videos because I have so many trolls on youtube. =/

And lol @ this one dude who said my spacing was bad. All footage was from wifi (it's all I have atm but im going to my first tourny to get offline footage), it's impossible to space there.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I really liked the musak! Did you have a pacman texture in every clip or was that just the quality? Either way it made kirby look extra cute...

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I really liked the musak! Did you have a pacman texture in every clip or was that just the quality? Either way it made kirby look extra cute...
yes, on most of the replays it was pac man kirby. Kudos for noticing it. :)

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
Wow, I don't know where to begin :chuckle:.

First off, I would like to say that video is very enjoyable to watch, due to the music >_>...I loves my Kirby music o.o...

Anyway, another I would like to say is that you fight in a way that's very similar to mine. I saw you use bair alot, which is something I do even more :lick:.

And, I've also fought with Noobicidal before as well, I always had to watch my step around him :dizzy:.

Overall, nice video. Falcon Kirby approves this into his favorites.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
spammer.. and wtf this thread did not get over 6000 views...

BrawLBlazer

Smash Journeyman
Decent combo video, probably around the same level as my recent one.
Music was great, clips were pretty good (except for a select few), but I agree some opponents were just horrible. Also, sometimes the clips were so long that it just seemed to repetitive for me to watch.
The only problems I had with your gameplay is that you sometimes aimlessly run and grab your opponents, and that your Kirby uses d-smash and f-smash too often.
But, it was very enjoyable to watch, music fits the video.
Disappointing how this thread has over 6000 views but less than 400 views on YouTube.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Decent combo video, probably around the same level as my recent one.
Music was great, clips were pretty good (except for a select few), but I agree some opponents were just horrible. Also, sometimes the clips were so long that it just seemed to repetitive for me to watch.
The only problems I had with your gameplay is that you sometimes aimlessly run and grab your opponents, and that your Kirby uses d-smash and f-smash too often.
But, it was very enjoyable to watch, music fits the video.
Disappointing how this thread has over 6000 views but less than 400 views on YouTube.
i dont know how the hell this got 6000 views.... o_O it has to be a glitch or something...

and only bad player was the Snake. However that was my first time using kirby against a human opponent so i have an affinity for those clips. Needless to say i never played him again after it lol.

Limeee

Smash Champion
don't take this personally but, IMO it was very bad

like tiersie said your opponents had no idea what they were doing, the clips were sometimes too long and overall the music was the only nice part

not everybody needs a combo video, get some actually good clips

P.S. don't waste your time recording with a camera, please use a capture card. otherwise just don't bother

Top Bottom