• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Hyrule Castle (past stage) rendition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
I use Maya
Maya? I wonder... how did u render the background file? was it a paranorma wrap?

also, I think the castle would be better if the thing on the right (like a tower of somekind, not sure what it is, I dont play Zelda games) was taken out, but that's just me.

mabey u can also render a tornado? shouldn't be too hard.

and btw, very nice work, but theres definatly room for texture improvement, and mabey some background animation/improvement? that would be much better :D

Alphalink

Smash Apprentice
the panorama was rendered as part of the image, in an image plane for the camera I was using to render

I could render a tornado, but Im busy for teh while.

and yeah I know, the textures where made in a rush, though

Zeela12

Smash Ace
the panorama was rendered as part of the image, in an image plane for the camera I was using to render

I could render a tornado, but Im busy for teh while.

and yeah I know, the textures where made in a rush, though
I dont have maya so I wont know if u can do this or not, but is it possible to have image blur effect or glowish effect (forgot the name suddently) like in other Smash stages:

u can see that the stages are a bit blured, and it's due to that effect... dang it I dont remember the name of it lol.

also, a lighting source/shadows would probably make it alot more realistic.
all in all, really good job! my computer sucks too much so I can't use advanced 3D programs, (cant even play halo) or else I would probably be pumping out these things too :D

HideousBeing

Smash Ace
That tornado was crap. I lost many tight matches because of that piece of garbage--it wasn't even funny sometimes; it like hunts you down and goes 50 mph trying to catch you.

Meh, oh well.

I'm sure if they're going to have past stages in Brawl, they're going to make them look all purty just like everything else. Like someone else said, it wouldn't make sense to have an N64 rendered stage on a Wii game...
You can see the tornado forming right on you and have time to jump away- they aren't hard to avoid. They make for great comboing though. :grin: I remember being DK and dairing someone over and over again into the tornado as they continued to be caught, until I let it KO them. Great stuff. Often you could throw someone into a tornado somehow too.

RDK

Smash Hero
You can see the tornado forming right on you and have time to jump away- they aren't hard to avoid. They make for great comboing though. I remember being DK and dairing someone over and over again into the tornado as they continued to be caught, until I let it KO them. Great stuff. Often you could throw someone into a tornado somehow too.
Yeah, I remember fighting below the wooden platforms in the middle of the Hyrule stage and death comboing and/or throwing my friend straight up into the tornado...good times, good times...

But at some points, it just got ridiculous...like the game would take 1/18 of a second to let you know it was forming, and then it would fly so fast across the arena towards you, you wouldn't even know what the hell hit you until you were slammed against the ceiling death wall.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
heres a high res model I did of Zelda castle (not intended for in-game)

beautiful images

so what do you think?
It's pretty BA looking, but...

1: you forgot the windows.
2: The thing on the right looks a little derpy.

I was going to make either a Twilight Princess or Windwaker styled one, but can't decide which.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom