• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My fox sucks, help make it better!

Dirtydeeds

Smash Rookie
So I have only been playing Melee for about 4 months and fox for a little over 1 month and I decided to finally ask for some help on the boards. I need a lot of help to get better but I think my spacing is my biggest issue.

This match was played against my friend on like a 4 inch screen so we had some trouble seeing;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0woQKZwObc&feature=channel_video_title

Any help you guys could render would be very much appreciated!

-Dirtydeeds

Palpi

Smash Hero
Computer practice moar!

Seriously, you just need to get a better grasp for the game and the character. There isn't anything else I can really say other than, tech skill practice, movement practice and other things you can do by yourself.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I don't think it helps your spacing at all <_< it definitely helps your speed once you get a hit though

lanabo

Smash Apprentice
I noticed that you rolled a lot, so I would recommend to try perfecting your wavedash out of shield. I find that it's a lot more mobile than rolling and harder for your opponents to punish.

Even though this Falco didn't seem to punish you for the rolling, I can think of a million different ways that he could have.

Other than that, just practice practice practice! As you master your advanced techniques your playstyle should become a lot more fluid.

Lovage

Smash Hero
my advice for new players:

first, love the game

and then playplayplayplayplaypaylapyalyaypaylapyalypaylaypapylaypyalypaypylaypapyla

lanabo

Smash Apprentice
Oh, one more thing. You tend to use jump a lot to get out of your tumble. I don't know if you're aware of this, but you can use the dashdance input with the control stick (moving it left and right very quickly) to get out of the tumble animation so that you can save your jump in case you need it. I find that most of the time you recover a lot quicker from the tumble using this method.

Examples at 1:12 and 2:25

Just thought I'd point that out, because it took me a long time before I discovered it, since I think that it's supposed to be a common fact among smash players.

mers

Smash Ace
You don't escape hitstun any faster. Hitstun is decided by a number of factors, and once calculated cannot be reduced. So whether you wiggle or jump, youll leave hitstun and escape tumble at the same time.

Dirtydeeds

Smash Rookie
I really thank you guys for the advice you've given so far, I appreciate it a lot.
I would really help if you guys could give me any advice or strategy for the captain falcon matchup. I really have a lot of trouble in this matchup in general but mostly in approaching and recovering against him. Thanks in advance for any advice.

-Dirtydeeds

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Sounds like some BS ... I mean think about it, do you wiggle out of every tumble before doing an aerial <_<

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
tumble isn't hitstun. It's a state you enter when your hit by a certain strength attack. You can do most of your options while in tumble such as jumping, but you don't have all your options and yes you can wiggle out of tumble.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
i have actually played against ur fox so here is what u need to do:
1)GRAB!!! you never even attempted to grab and those equal free aerials and sometime 0-deaths
2) your techskill is lack go practice waveshine grab/upsmash like its your job
3) your recovery needs more creativity cuz i knew every angle u would come at because u did the sme 1st angle everytime.
4) when u rush in u kinda just ran into my moves. come in with a plan
5) stop teching the same way 9 times in a row it becomes too easy to kill you
6)when u actually hit me u would back off and reset.....NOOOOOO when u hit me tack on as much percent as u can
7) go to alot of tourneys after a while u will get it i no it took me 4eva

Top Bottom