• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

my falcon is a beast......lol

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Don't tell those guys but did you know you can air dodge in Brawl? More than once while in the air too!

LuCKy

Smash Master
did you guys not see the lol XD it was a joke....... although it still was **** lol

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
ffs if Falcon wasn't so horrid he would have REAL beastly combos that actually ended with knees. And zero-to-deathed.

exhibit A: see @ 1:01 starting with the knee, ending with the knee. True **** tyvm.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=S2H0K0wKc7s
I almost cried remembering The Knee of old and the speed demon that once was Falcon. If only they left his old good aspects alone and then threw in the few good Brawl qualities...

K20AFoozbal

Smash Apprentice
will i di constantly good so I dont get combo
and jump out

di is automatic me basicly

wtf?

anyway, those videos are actually a good representation of good fights. incase y'all missed it, his opponents did put up a fight and they did air/ground dodge. that second ganon kill was set up so he couldn't get out. he didnt have time to dodge and if he did he just would've dropped farther away from the stage and died anyway.

but yea, the RAR was good and i cant seem to DD like that anymore... i need to work on my game a bit... mid-term week sucks...

either way it's not all combos but it's still solid gameplay. CF still has some hope left in him.

BTW did you really have to knee lucario on that one kill lol... you filthy man

Scrubs

Smash Lord
I don't know exactly what it stands for.

It is where you turn around whilst running and do an aerial, keeping your forward momentum.

Reverse Aerial Rush ???

Runeblade279

Smash Apprentice
I don't know exactly what it stands for.

It is where you turn around whilst running and do an aerial, keeping your forward momentum.

Reverse Aerial Rush ???
Correct.

It's quite difficult too, it's one thing I need to work on. =(

Afro_Ninja

Smash Apprentice
it's hard to do if you try to think of what you're actually doing when you do it... when you're running, just flick the control stick back and forth once and jump, and there you go.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
K20 is right, you have a mad dash dance indeed. Seriously you have to do it SO fast to get it to do stuff like that in Brawl. Usually I just end up doing the entire initial dash animations over and over because I'm too slow. lol

Nice gameplay indeed but I still say that many things were avoidable. Some were not and they were very good but if you were in a tourney setting with the best pros you'd be more likely to get a blooper reel playing as Falcon than a combo domination reel. That's not a criticism of your play because you are definitely a terrific player, but Captain's qualities are not as good as you are so you'd be limited. If you played as somebody else like Fox I'm sure you'd have an even better combo reel. At least Falcon still has some hope though. Post more videos whenever you get the time so the rest of us can use them as tips for improving our games. lol :)

Elbow

Smash Apprentice
Not amazing, but for Falcon, I like what you did with him. I wish I could get better at fast falling. I can't seem to force myself to do it.

domiNate

Smash Apprentice
Not amazing, but for Falcon, I like what you did with him. I wish I could get better at fast falling. I can't seem to force myself to do it.
Really? I haven't really found a necessity for fast falling yet, except for the bair. When I fast fall my nair I seem to always miss the second kick.

HulkingRage

Smash Apprentice
im very dissapointed at the overall combability
my captain falcon was a beast in melee, and i loved combos
now l cancelling is gone, there are shorter stuns, airdoging changes, recovery increases, and grabs dont combo into anything
im hoping this is just because it's a new game and we havent found anything yet, but im starting to worry

Mann

Smash Ace
COMBOS ONLY WORK BRAWL BECAUSE PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES
Fixed. Did you know, in the game of Super Smash Bros., that the more % you have, usually the farther back you are knocked back?

Secrets out.

Really? I haven't really found a necessity for fast falling yet, except for the bair. When I fast fall my nair I seem to always miss the second kick.
There's nothing that is keeping you from JUST pressing down after an attack right away. You can fast fall after the 2nd kick.

domiNate

Smash Apprentice
There's nothing that is keeping you from JUST pressing down after an attack right away. You can fast fall after the 2nd kick.
Hmm, I haven't really considered this. I guess in most cases I'm so close to the ground already I figure why bother, but I guess every little bit helps the captain huh.

Mann

Smash Ace
Hmm, I haven't really considered this. I guess in most cases I'm so close to the ground already I figure why bother, but I guess every little bit helps the captain huh.
Situational. No L-cancelling = lots of shield grabbing. For example, if you got the first kick off and you definitely know you can get the 2nd kick, I would think that fast falling after the 2nd kick would be a good choice. If you're opponent has already gotten used to it, they might be waiting for it and shield grab you. From there, might want to change it up.

Top Bottom