• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

my doc =)

Gea

Smash Master
I can honestly say they suck equally, but you seem to be more comfortable with Mario. You have a LOT of work to do. I'll come back later to try and help this. >.o

Start by actually moving about. Everything from consistently shorthopping to shffling needs work.

-PM-

Smash Ace
I can honestly say they suck equally, but you seem to be more comfortable with Mario. You have a LOT of work to do. I'll come back later to try and help this. >.o

Start by actually moving about. Everything from consistently shorthopping to shffling needs work.
yea my doc sucks compaired to what it used to be and it angers me greatly lol i cant wait for the advice

otg

Smash Master
Ok a few things.

First of all, like Gea said you need to work on your SHFFLing. Stop throwing around Fairs so randomly, and work on your chain throwing because you mess it up alot when you shouldn't be. Remember, you can only chainthrow Fox and Falco to about 60% before they can escape so end it with a smash attack (preferably downsmash), or a back throw if your by the edge of the level for an easy edge guard. Learn to WD -> Dsmash after the end of the chainthrow. It's your friend and really messes up Fast fallers. Also, when Falco (or Fox) is around 90 - 100%, Upthrow -> Fair is an almost guarenteed kill.

Work on some pills mind games (FJ -> Waveland, FJ Rising Pill -> DJ Rising pill -> waveland), and mix up your approaches a bit. When recovering sweet spot the edge so Falco doesn't always kill you with his Dair (he did that way too often and it gets really predictable).

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Your Doctor mario needs a lot of work unfortunately. You need to make sure you get the basics done and wavedash and shffl more for a start. Theres just too much that your not doing. Watch some vids and read cyphus' guide and try out some combo's there.

random smasher

Smash Apprentice
I don't think I saw one single downsmash the entire match. It's one of doc's better attacks.
Try to shffl a nair or uair into it or just crouch for it.

Also try to recover lower and sweet spot. You were just asking for that falco to spike you

That's about all I can help with but you'll probably get better advice from Gea.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Pretty good Doc PM and congrats on winning the match. All I can say is to sweetspot the edge, especially against falco for obvious reasons.

Edit: And JC your grabs. The quicker the better, lol

-PM-

Smash Ace
Ok a few things.

First of all, like Gea said you need to work on your SHFFLing. Stop throwing around Fairs so randomly, and work on your chain throwing because you mess it up alot when you shouldn't be. Remember, you can only chainthrow Fox and Falco to about 60% before they can escape so end it with a smash attack (preferably downsmash), or a back throw if your by the edge of the level for an easy edge guard. Learn to WD -> Dsmash after the end of the chainthrow. It's your friend and really messes up Fast fallers. Also, when Falco (or Fox) is around 90 - 100%, Upthrow -> Fair is an almost guarenteed kill.

Work on some pills mind games (FJ -> Waveland, FJ Rising Pill -> DJ Rising pill -> waveland), and mix up your approaches a bit. When recovering sweet spot the edge so Falco doesn't always kill you with his Dair (he did that way too often and it gets really predictable).
thanks but i just need practice i know all of that but thanks for the strategy

Your Doctor mario needs a lot of work unfortunately. You need to make sure you get the basics done and wavedash and shffl more for a start. Theres just too much that your not doing. Watch some vids and read cyphus' guide and try out some combo's there.
honestly who doesnt know how to WD :laugh: and yes iv read the guide and i know all of the basics

I don't think I saw one single downsmash the entire match. It's one of doc's better attacks.
Try to shffl a nair or uair into it or just crouch for it.

Also try to recover lower and sweet spot. You were just asking for that falco to spike you

That's about all I can help with but you'll probably get better advice from Gea.
yea im used to the Fsmash cause of mario T.T

Pretty good Doc PM and congrats on winning the match. All I can say is to sweetspot the edge, especially against falco for obvious reasons.

Edit: And JC your grabs. The quicker the better, lol
yea im working on the JC grabs now and the Dash grabs

@everyone yea i suck at sweetspoting the edge =/ lol

Crux

Smash Rookie
PM, the technical improvements that have been suggested are a good start. While you are getting better with all of the advanced techniques, I advise (like I did for your Mario) that you work on varying your game-play and making yourself more unpredictable... I guarantee that this will help you significantly :).

-PM-

Smash Ace
PM, the technical improvements that have been suggested are a good start. While you are getting better with all of the advanced techniques, I advise (like I did for your Mario) that you work on varying your game-play and making yourself more unpredictable... I guarantee that this will help you significantly :).
i know =/ i have no mindgames

Crux

Smash Rookie
You aren't completely without mind-games. I was just suggesting you vary your game a bit, as it helps to keep your opponent off-balance.

Top Bottom