• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My DeDeDe needs a lot of work

Gates

Banned via Warnings
FOR GOD'S SAKE, BTHROW.

I've seen too many Dededes make the mistake of dthrowing characters they can't chaingrab because they're used to it. If it weren't for the cg, Dedede's dthrow would hardly ever be used since it's very bad damage-wise compared to bthrow and it only sets up for a ftilt for an extra 5% making the damage output even with fthrow and rarely a techchase. Bthrow does 16% fresh and can do 19% with a pummel. You can literally do nothing but bthrow most characters you can't chaingrab until about 100% and then get them to the end of the stage and Buuman Trap or bair for the kill. Trying to do something not garunteed like dthrow techchasing is not only inferior damage-wise, it's just plain stupid.

There are some other mistakes in the video too. You use dthrow->fsmash too much which is not guaranteed and very easily punishable. I've also found that using Waddle Dees against faster characters is a bad idea since there's a lot of lag after throwing them and they can punish easily.

Otherwise it's not that bad.

****ING BTHROW!

Bwa

Smash Cadet
I often d throw to techchase, simply because 2 down throw do the same amount of % (b throw = 16%, d throw = 6-8% I think, and you can do 2 pummels), so one regrab makes the techchase better than a b throw.

I usually try to get only 1 grab while tech chasing, because if your opponent don't think of where he will roll, you can predict him instinctively.

Anyway, it's not the topic. Learn to DI, to techchase (and use b throw :) ). Stop f smashing all the time and Bair / Inhale more. Try to kill with U tilt. Be careful with waddle toss against fast character.

earthadept

Smash Lord
lol I'm sorry about the lack of back throw, like you said I'm really used to the chain grab and just dthrow automatically...

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Yes do back throws until you've learned to tech chase Kirby at least one time, or else your game is going to plummet. Try to break all of your habits while playing, do more thinking.
And you weren't back airing at all! If you see Kirby's back towards you, you should know he's going for a back air and yours cuts through his!
For this matchup, do more forward tilts too.. you did none of those OR inhales!!
I suggest you do more reading in these threads than playing..

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
For Christ's sakes move a little... you can't win with dedede if you don't move at all. forget that he has some of the slowest movement in the game, he still has it. just try to be less predictable and mix it up a little.

Top Bottom