• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My combo may have holes...

Greatnegativeman

Smash Rookie
I don't know how my combo would fare against an opponent. It goes like this: backwards jump, quick draw, backwards dodge, eather. I know I shouldn't do those flashy things but I didn't know what else to put in. That is why i need help with a combo that has to have at least quick draw and eather.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Your joking right? You expect to dodge in the middle of a "combo" and still call it a combo? rofl@ this thread.

If you want a clearer answer
No it doesn't work.

Doval

Smash Lord
If it's a combo, then the opponent can't do anything until it's over (except DI to attempt to make you miss.) It's pretty obvious that your "combo" isn't a combo.

Greatnegativeman

Smash Rookie
Seeing that it is obvious that I am new to this, i would have never known, untill now at least. Thank you, but now i need an acual combo to make up for my failure.

Doval

Smash Lord
I think you'll find that there are very few combos in Brawl, and Ike is definitely one of the characters least apt for the limited comboing Brawl's mechanics allow. Excluding the insanely obvious AAA combo which is designed to be a combo, the only thing I could possibly think of that would combo is d-air or d-tilt against a grounded opponent, because it'll ricochet him/her off the ground and stun them enough for a follow-up hit.

Ike mostly wins by constantly out prioritizing the opponent's attacks with his superior range.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
I think you'll find that there are very few combos in Brawl, and Ike is definitely one of the characters least apt for the limited comboing Brawl's mechanics allow. Excluding the insanely obvious AAA combo which is designed to be a combo, the only thing I could possibly think of that would combo is d-air or d-tilt against a grounded opponent, because it'll ricochet him/her off the ground and stun them enough for a follow-up hit.

Ike mostly wins by constantly out prioritizing the opponent's attacks with his superior range.
barely....

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Doval said:
the only thing I could possibly think of that would combo is d-air or d-tilt against a grounded opponent, because it'll ricochet him/her off the ground and stun them enough for a follow-up hit.
I was referring to that... didn't mean any harm by it. Just saying, even that isn' t guaranteed either. Sure theres a bit more stun than other attacks but it's still very hard to do a guaranteed followup, especially with Ike. Hence the "barely...". Lawl sorry for being vague.

Top Bottom