• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My 6000th Post: NC Smash's Night Before Christmas

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I know I've made a bunch of posts in the past few months with mixed feelings a messages about how I'm quitting or being forced to leave and unable to play Melee. I've also had a very profound change in my life, for the worse I'd say but that's subjective. The point is, I really don't know where my life is taking me at this point and you all are extremely important to me, and I can't believe it took me until last night to realize just how important. There's this bond we all have, I'm talking specifically NC. This is only way I can find to share it.

NOTE: I started writing this as a joke, but ended up getting serious and heartfelt and all that good stuff. I'm also a horrible writer so I'm not looking for criticism, just trying to share a story that never happened.

Without further deflection, here it is. My rendition of The Night Before Christmas: NC Smash Edition.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T’was the night before Christmas with the Smash Family, a close knit community in the state of NC.

From the small town of Shelby, to the Outer BANKS, they all got together to play games and give thanks
for the people they knew and the people they trolled, the people they spent so much time with, the long car rides and such, I guess you could say they loved each other very much.

Now our story starts in a car on the street, driving to hickory so the driver can meet
with The Kids™, who are young yet have been here for a while. The driver had been on 24th street for miles and miles,
when he suddenly hit a bump and heard a thump in the trunk. He didn’t think much as he was already late, and didn’t have to time test his fate.

He’d finally made it to pick-up The Kids™, but he opened his trunk only to see that his brother was the source of the thump, how could this be?

“Hi Kevin,” said Twitch as Jim helped him out, “I was really tired of getting tossed about.”

“GUH!!!” exclaimed Kevin, as The Kids™ both smirked. Stingers said, “I can’t believe Twitch’s plan actually worked.”

On the other side of NC there was another surprise, as Josh couldn’t find any of his ties. “I wanted to dress nicely for this special day, but why should I care, it’s my house anyway.”

“No, boy,” said Adam, his longtime friend, “we must find you a tie and I will go to any end
“to make sure you look great for tonight,” and with that, he wavedashed out of sight.

Now Ocean had just shown up with a TV and a cube, and a recording set-up that he’d hope to use
to record all the **** he expected to happen on this fateful night, when he turned around to a horrible fright.

“You’re not wearing a tie!!!!” exclaimed Ocean. “I know!!! I wish I could find one, but they’re all gone,” said Josh. “OH NO!!!” (that was ocean for anyone wondering, I needed a rhyme)

“Fear not,” said a voice, “for the dern bess is here.” Adam wavedashed back in. Ocean shed a tear. “I’ve searched far and wide for the perfect one, but you’ll have to give it back when you’re done.”

Adam gave the tie to the man and Josh put it on, “Thanks LOZR, it’ll be back in your hands before you know it.” “Good,” stated Adam, “I don’t want HBox to know I stole it.”

In the land of Greensboro is where we’ll look next, to find Smithy smoking out of his bowl, sharing with The Kids™, which had been his goal.

“Really, Smith? You guys can’t wait?” “No one cares about you, PP,” said Stinger, hoping Kevin would take the bait. “It doesn’t matter if we’re late.”
Kevin just put his palm to his face, “Just get in the car, we need to get out of this place.”
So onward they went on to a place their friends would be, somewhere in a small house in Raleigh.

The night had come, stars twinkling in the crisp winter air, when PP’s car finally arrived there at this place, where all of NC Smash was crammed in one space.

From Snapple to Audi to GAUVIN and Bill, everyone was there; it was such a thrill
to see Mits and Duo and RTF too, Travis and Nebs (who was brought by Hinryu).
Dark Hart, Foxy, PLUR, and Ace, it was surprising that they could all fit in one place.

There were games to be played, greens to be smoked, they all laughed so hard that some of them chocked. Adam in one corner, arm around Cam, who’d just made a joke about a Mexican Dan. Even Zero Gamer had shown up to the party, and JMH made sure Asheboro wasn’t tardy.

Unfortunately this story now takes a more serious turn, for someone wasn’t getting the joy they yearned. The merriment just kept going around and around, but someone was going through their night with a frown.

This boy was outside, glasses off, deep in thought and looking at the stars, when he looked down to see an unfamiliar face near all the cars. He was wearing all red attire, sunglasses, and had a white beard; who was this strange man who’d just appeared?
Kevin was hesitant since the man didn’t speak. “Should I go back inside? No that would be meek.” He put his glasses back on to get a better look, but the man was gone and Kevin was shook. For the second time that day his palm went to his face, and he wondered if he was going crazy in this place.

“What’s going on, Peeps?” said a voice, making Kevin jump. He looked back up to see the man in red, the one with the beard and now hat on his head. “What’s wrong?” he said, “Nothing, I’m fine.” He put his head back down; it was obvious he was lying.

“You’re friends are inside, you should join them, have fun. Isn’t that why you’re here, to be with everyone?” And then Kevin thought about what the man said. That one simple sentence rang through his head.

“That is why I came here, to be with my friends, to enjoy the holiday spirit and maybe even make amens. These guys are the best, and the times that we’ve shared I’ll remember forever since I know they all cared.”

He turned his head as the man opened the door, he had pulled off his beard, none other than Christopher Robin Knorr.

Kevin shook his head and let out a smile, “I totally thought you were Santa,” when another voice came out and exclaimed, “Tricked ya!”
It was none other than Malk, who had come with Knorr, and they all went on laughing as they walked through the door.

“Where’d you go, Kevin? We all thought you died,” said an elevated Smith, Kevin just smiled “Can’t you see who I’m with?”

He started telling Smith of what had just happened, and before he knew it everyone was listening in, as Kevin told them all to him they were kin.

As he finished some yelled “STACK IT UP!!!” The chant made all of the neighbors wake up.

But they didn’t care, they’re NC Smash. There is no opponent that they’re unwilling to clash.

The night turned to day yet the mood stayed the same, the group was lively and was playing their game. This group which has evolved and changed over the years, but has kept the same spirit of song and of cheers. Whether on smashboards or facebook, real life or by phone, none of these great people are ever alone. They will gladly spend all their time with each other, and they will happily call the guy next to them their brother. No matter what game, Melee or Brawl, when they come together fun times are had by all. Sure they bicker sometimes but at the end of the day they all love each other, it’s actually kinda gay.
I wish there were words to describe this bond they share, but no words do it justice: that bond is… just there.

If there’s anything I want you to get out of reading this tonight, it’s that you’re all my family, I <3 NC, and have a goodnight.

:dwam:

Banks

Smash Hero
I know I've made a bunch of posts in the past few months with mixed feelings a messages about how I'm quitting or being forced to leave and unable to play Melee. I've also had a very profound change in my life, for the worse I'd say but that's subjective. The point is, I really don't know where my life is taking me at this point and you all are extremely important to me, and I can't believe it took me until last night to realize just how important. There's this bond we all have, I'm talking specifically NC. This is only way I can find to share it.

NOTE: I started writing this as a joke, but ended up getting serious and heartfelt and all that good stuff. I'm also a horrible writer so I'm not looking for criticism, just trying to share a story that never happened.

Without further deflection, here it is. My rendition of The Night Before Christmas: NC Smash Edition.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T’was the night before Christmas with the Smash Family, a close knit community in the state of NC.

From the small town of Shelby, to the Outer BANKS, they all got together to play games and give thanks
for the people they knew and the people they trolled, the people they spent so much time with, the long car rides and such, I guess you could say they loved each other very much.

Now our story starts in a car on the street, driving to hickory so the driver can meet
with The Kids™, who are young yet have been here for a while. The driver had been on 24th street for miles and miles,
when he suddenly hit a bump and heard a thump in the trunk. He didn’t think much as he was already late, and didn’t have to time test his fate.

He’d finally made it to pick-up The Kids™, but he opened his trunk only to see that his brother was the source of the thump, how could this be?

“Hi Kevin,” said Twitch as Jim helped him out, “I was really tired of getting tossed about.”

“GUH!!!” exclaimed Kevin, as The Kids™ both smirked. Stingers said, “I can’t believe Twitch’s plan actually worked.”

On the other side of NC there was another surprise, as Josh couldn’t find any of his ties. “I wanted to dress nicely for this special day, but why should I care, it’s my house anyway.”

“No, boy,” said Adam, his longtime friend, “we must find you a tie and I will go to any end
“to make sure you look great for tonight,” and with that, he wavedashed out of sight.

Now Ocean had just shown up with a TV and a cube, and a recording set-up that he’d hope to use
to record all the **** he expected to happen on this fateful night, when he turned around to a horrible fright.

“You’re not wearing a tie!!!!” exclaimed Ocean. “I know!!! I wish I could find one, but they’re all gone,” said Josh. “OH NO!!!” (that was ocean for anyone wondering, I needed a rhyme)

“Fear not,” said a voice, “for the dern bess is here.” Adam wavedashed back in. Ocean shed a tear. “I’ve searched far and wide for the perfect one, but you’ll have to give it back when you’re done.”

Adam gave the tie to the man and Josh put it on, “Thanks LOZR, it’ll be back in your hands before you know it.” “Good,” stated Adam, “I don’t want HBox to know I stole it.”

In the land of Greensboro is where we’ll look next, to find Smithy smoking out of his bowl, sharing with The Kids™, which had been his goal.

“Really, Smith? You guys can’t wait?” “No one cares about you, PP,” said Stinger, hoping Kevin would take the bait. “It doesn’t matter if we’re late.”
Kevin just put his palm to his face, “Just get in the car, we need to get out of this place.”
So onward they went on to a place their friends would be, somewhere in a small house in Raleigh.

The night had come, stars twinkling in the crisp winter air, when PP’s car finally arrived there at this place, where all of NC Smash was crammed in one space.

From Snapple to Audi to GAUVIN and Bill, everyone was there; it was such a thrill
to see Mits and Duo and RTF too, Travis and Nebs (who was brought by Hinryu).
Dark Hart, Foxy, PLUR, and Ace, it was surprising that they could all fit in one place.

There were games to be played, greens to be smoked, they all laughed so hard that some of them chocked. Adam in one corner, arm around Cam, who’d just made a joke about a Mexican Dan. Even Zero Gamer had shown up to the party, and JMH made sure Asheboro wasn’t tardy.

Unfortunately this story now takes a more serious turn, for someone wasn’t getting the joy they yearned. The merriment just kept going around and around, but someone was going through their night with a frown.

This boy was outside, glasses off, deep in thought and looking at the stars, when he looked down to see an unfamiliar face near all the cars. He was wearing all red attire, sunglasses, and had a white beard; who was this strange man who’d just appeared?
Kevin was hesitant since the man didn’t speak. “Should I go back inside? No that would be meek.” He put his glasses back on to get a better look, but the man was gone and Kevin was shook. For the second time that day his palm went to his face, and he wondered if he was going crazy in this place.

“What’s going on, Peeps?” said a voice, making Kevin jump. He looked back up to see the man in red, the one with the beard and now hat on his head. “What’s wrong?” he said, “Nothing, I’m fine.” He put his head back down; it was obvious he was lying.

“You’re friends are inside, you should join them, have fun. Isn’t that why you’re here, to be with everyone?” And then Kevin thought about what the man said. That one simple sentence rang through his head.

“That is why I came here, to be with my friends, to enjoy the holiday spirit and maybe even make amens. These guys are the best, and the times that we’ve shared I’ll remember forever since I know they all cared.”

He turned his head as the man opened the door, he had pulled off his beard, none other than Christopher Robin Knorr.

Kevin shook his head and let out a smile, “I totally thought you were Santa,” when another voice came out and exclaimed, “Tricked ya!”
It was none other than Malk, who had come with Knorr, and they all went on laughing as they walked through the door.

“Where’d you go, Kevin? We all thought you died,” said an elevated Smith, Kevin just smiled “Can’t you see who I’m with?”

He started telling Smith of what had just happened, and before he knew it everyone was listening in, as Kevin told them all to him they were kin.

As he finished some yelled “STACK IT UP!!!” The chant made all of the neighbors wake up.

But they didn’t care, they’re NC Smash. There is no opponent that they’re unwilling to clash.

The night turned to day yet the mood stayed the same, the group was lively and was playing their game. This group which has evolved and changed over the years, but has kept the same spirit of song and of cheers. Whether on smashboards or facebook, real life or by phone, none of these great people are ever alone. They will gladly spend all their time with each other, and they will happily call the guy next to them their brother. No matter what game, Melee or Brawl, when they come together fun times are had by all. Sure they bicker sometimes but at the end of the day they all love each other, it’s actually kinda gay.
I wish there were words to describe this bond they share, but no words do it justice: that bond is… just there.

If there’s anything I want you to get out of reading this tonight, it’s that you’re all my family, I <3 NC, and have a goodnight.

:dwam:

that was a delightful romp, indeed it 'twas

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
haha I'm not in it either.

but then again, I won't be at the christmas thing, so it makes sense.

this was boss, good stuff dark hart.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
omg will people quit complaining about not being in the damned story you ungrateful *******s. There was an awesome party in the story where everyone in NC attended. Sorry I didn't have the willpower to find a way to put every single person in and find rhymes and ****.

:222:

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
just sayin.... if i made a huge night before Christmas post, especially being by 6000th post, i would have included u... but u know. it's cool

Top Bottom