• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music you think is missing?

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Splitting by franchise.

Keep in mind that there's a lot of gaps in what I've played and I have very little idea what I'm doing.

Character Data (Super Smash Bros.)
Battlefield (Melee) (Right now we just have the Brawl arrangement.)

Not counting tracks from New Horizons.

6 PM (Population: Growing)
New Year's Day (Wild World)
Steep Hill (City Folk)
Puzzle Boss Fight (New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo)
Starlit Forest (Animal Crossing: The Movie) (...AC is pretty starved for Smash-suitable music in general.)
[/url]

Even if they wanted to keep it strictly FF7 and have nothing from the rest of the series, there's still a ton of songs they could have used there.

Fight On! (Dissidia arrangement)
J-E-N-O-V-A (Dissidia 012 arrangement)
Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII (Original)
Electric de Chocobo (Original)
Opening - Bombing Mission (Original)
• One-Winged Angel (There are way too many arrangements out there to put one here)

Eventually it just felt like I was throwing stuff in gratuitously... a lot of the games, I have very little prior knowledge of, so if your reaction is "why would you pick THAT track and not THIS track," there's your answer.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
Actually, that's a decent point, why not throw in music from Game & Watch Gallery? it would give it a little variety. Though, I suppose there is the issue of whether it belongs in Mario, but G&W needs it more than Mario does.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Actually, that's a decent point, why not throw in music from Game & Watch Gallery? it would give it a little variety. Though, I suppose there is the issue of whether it belongs in Mario, but G&W needs it more than Mario does.
I don't get why G&W isn't considered a misc. series like the rest of the retro series. Not saying expanding G&W's music selection with music from the Galleries would be bad, mind you.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Ah, I see you’re a user of culture as well. I even made my own list:

After some thinking, I’m beginning to wonder why there was never any Game and Watch Gallery series music in Smash. I think I’ll post some songs from that as well:

Game and Watch Gallery
Octopus
Manhole
Oil Panic
Fire
Title Theme (Game and Watch Gallery)

Game and Watch Gallery 2
Parachute
Helmet Level Medley
Chef

Vermin (original)

Game and Watch Gallery 3
Donkey Kong Jr. Medley (Game and Watch Gallery 3)
Mario Bros. (Game and Watch Gallery 3)

Game and Watch Gallery 4
Rainshower

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
I guess to me, another song would be Ezio's Family from Assassin's Creed. It was used in that Altair mii costume reveal, and it would've been neat to have with it.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Yoshi is still considered part of his own series despite the overwhelming majority of his appearances being Mario games and the rest of them (and I mean literally every single one of the rest of them) having Mario, Bowser, or both majorly involved somehow.

D

Deleted member

Is it possible that one of Persona 5's song 'Whims of Fate" will get censored? Since the lyrics include "Champagne" and "Sexy"

DougEfresh

Smash Journeyman
I'm a bit biased because I loved the Banjo-Kazooie series when I grew up during the N64 era (and I love everything they did do to represent the series), but if I had to get greedy, I'd definitely say there's some crucial tracks missing from what came with the bear and bird duo themselves. The final battle theme from B-K fits so perfectly for smash that it's still surprising to me that they didn't include it. Clickclock Wood Spring theme is also great, and Weldar, Cloud Cuckooland and hailfire peaks are all great tracks from Banjo-Tooie that could be fantastic remixes for smash

D

Deleted member

Although I'll never understand why you can say "hell" (Ken's "Hell Wheel") but not "damn" (Mass Destruction)

Last edited by a moderator:

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
Although I'll never understand why you can say "hell" (Ken's "Hell Wheel") but not "damn" (Mass Destruction)
It is odd. The only possible reason I could see wanting censorship is to avoid that T rating, but if hell doesn't, I don't see why damn would affect the rating too much.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It is odd. The only possible reason I could see wanting censorship is to avoid that T rating, but if hell doesn't, I don't see why damn would affect the rating too much.
"Damn" is allowed in E rated games IIRC. It'd fall under "mild language", which is a descriptor several E rated games have, although a lot more E10+ games have it.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Ultimate has some amazing music, I'll give you that. Still a few things I'd add, and as a Zelda fan it's mostly Zelda...

Recategorize Super Mario World Medley to Yoshi series, so it can play on the SMW-themed Yoshi's Island (melee)

The original DK Rap, with all of the verses and without the weird remixed stanzas
Mix together the DK64 Main Menu theme and DK Isles. Maybe even throw in some of Funky's Armoury
Frantic Factory (DK64)
Mad Jack Battle (DK64)

Return the Great Sea and Molgera gamerips
A remix of All Three Days of Clock Town's themes, with a bit of the Final Day (MM)
The original Live Main Theme of Breath of the Wild. Yeah, it's a bit mellow, but it's so good.
A remix of the Attack on Vah Ruta theme, Waterblight Ganon battle, and Sidon's Theme
A remix of the Attack on Vah Medoh theme, Windblight Ganon battle, and the Revali's Flap memory
A remix of the Attack on Vah Rudania theme, Fireblight Ganon battle, and the Daruk's Mettle memory
A remix of the Attack on Vah Naboris theme, Thunderblight Ganon battle, and Riju's Encounter
A mashup of Mipha's, Revali's, Daruk's, and Urbosa's themes with The Champion's Ballad. Maybe even going into the main theme like Kass does.
The Hyrule Castle (interior) theme (BotW)
Skyloft theme from Hyrule Warriors
Title and Dragon from Hyrule Warriors
Molgera from Hyrule Warriors

...man Hyrule Warriors had some great tracks. Pity we got nothing from there (like Ganondorf's look)

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
Lavender Town is incredibly iconic to the Pokemon series, and although a stage would be fantastic, just the music would be nice. This remix shows how it could work in Smash really well.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
Honestly feel like Final Fantasy itself is missing a lot of tracks. Couldn't they have spared a bit more than TWO?
Also think Sonic is missing 'What I'm Made of', 'Spaceport', 'Windmill Isle (Day)' and ' I am, All of me'.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Ai No Uta from Pikmin.
So out of place, yet so perfect.

And any other music that was cut along the way.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
just
any classic sonic song
star light, chemical plant, metropolis, hydrocity, ice cap, flying battery, stardust speedway, metallic madness, mirage saloon act 2, i want them all

conr1201

Smash Rookie
I really only play JRPGs so I cannot comment on most of the series represented in Ultimate, but I thought it was really weird that "Life Will Change" from P5 was not put in, and also "Overture" from Dragon Quest. Come to think of it, all of the Dragon Quest music in Ultimate are the MIDI versions, not the orchestral versions we heard in the trailers. Don't get me wrong, the MIDI versions are fine, but the orchestral versions are just way better and it would have been cool to hear them in Ultimate. I would have liked to hear Necrozma's theme from US/UM as well.

And of course there are a trillion songs from Final Fantasy that would have been great to hear, it is impossible to list them all.

Edit: Just after posting this I remembered "God-Shattering Star" from FE3H isn't in Ultimate, how the heck did they leave this one out?!

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I really only play JRPGs so I cannot comment on most of the series represented in Ultimate, but I thought it was really weird that "Life Will Change" from P5 was not put in, and also "Overture" from Dragon Quest. Come to think of it, all of the Dragon Quest music in Ultimate are the MIDI versions, not the orchestral versions we heard in the trailers. Don't get me wrong, the MIDI versions are fine, but the orchestral versions are just way better and it would have been cool to hear them in Ultimate. I would have liked to hear Necrozma's theme from US/UM as well.

And of course there are a trillion songs from Final Fantasy that would have been great to hear, it is impossible to list them all.
The Dragon Quest problem is an issue with the composer. By my understanding, Koichi Sugiyama owns the rights to the music in Dragon Quest (he even gets a special copyright section in Hero's Smash reveal trailer), and while I can't find a specific source on this, it seems as though he only allows Square-Enix to use the Midi versions of songs so that, if people want to hear the orchestral versions, they have to go to his concerts, where he gets a bigger cut of the profits.

No idea why Life Will Change, Opening/Bombing Mission, and the Chocobo theme aren't in Smash, though, since they were in Joker's trailer, Cloud's trailer, and the Chocobo Mii hat trailer, respectively. (maybe the Chocobo theme didn't fit Midgar, but the other two seem unjustified)

Last edited:

conr1201

Smash Rookie
The Dragon Quest problem is an issue with the composer. By my understanding, Koichi Sugiyama owns the rights to the music in Dragon Quest (he even gets a special copyright section in Hero's Smash reveal trailer), and while I can't find a specific source on this, it seems as though he only allows Square-Enix to use the Midi versions of songs so that, if people want to hear the orchestral versions, they have to go to his concerts, where he gets a bigger cut of the profits.

No idea why Life Will Change, Opening/Bombing Mission, and the Chocobo theme aren't in Smash, though, since they were in Joker's trailer, Cloud's trailer, and the Chocobo Mii hat trailer, respectively. (maybe the Chocobo theme didn't fit Midgar, but the other two seem unjustified)
Yeah I am familiar with the whole Sugiyama situation, it is the same reason why the original version of DQXI on the PS4 and PC didn't have the orchestral soundtrack either.

And it does seem weird that a lot of music from the trailers doesn't make it in to the game, but I guess getting the rights to the music for the trailer is different from the actual game.

D

Deleted member

SSBU-Mementos.jpg

You know how in Mementos a T.V. shows an animation of Morgana running (or Teddie or the clip of the Persona 3 OP), if a music from Persona 1 or 2 (Innocent Sin or Eternal Punishment) is selected, what would the T.V. screen show?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom