• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music we're long overdue for....

miller483

Smash Ace
Here are some popular Nintendo songs that really need to be in this.

Yoshi - Yoshi's Island theme

Metroid/METROD - most songs from the Prime series

Star Fox - Star Wolf theme (Assault) / Fortuna Space (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjhJfjUTvnY&mode=related&search=)

Mario - Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga battle theme; lots of Paper Mario tunes that I can't name of the top of my head

Fire Emblem - Together We Ride! (probably a shoe-in)

Add your own!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
MOTHER - Pollyanna (I Believe in You) and Bein' Friends, both with lyrics.
Metal Gear Solid - Metal Gear Solid 2 Theme

Sariku

Smash Master
No... the ONLY Music we're OVERDUE for is Music from Franchises without any...

Mario
Wario
Fire Emblem

And such like that.

Spellman

Smash Ace
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

The Dark World theme. Or Dark Overworld or whatever you want to call it. Although, I'm pretty sure I eyeballed it in the My Music menu's, I can't wait to hear it. That song was present in Four Swords Adventures in two forms, the original arrangement and a Christmasy remix, which was cool.

There's a slew of other ones I'd want but that's the one I anticipate the most.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I hope the DARKWORLD song is a remize of Bowser's fight and Darkworld of Super Mario Bros 3

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I hope the DARKWORLD song is a remize of Bowser's fight and Darkworld of Super Mario Bros 3
You mean the one shown on the My Music update? That's a Zelda song from ALLTP. An awesome one with that.

M.K

Level 55
Pokemon Music: Sinnoh Legendary Theme

ZOMG F-Zero: Challenge of the Bloody Chain

*drool drool drool*

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess- Hyrule Field
Totally agree.

Also I'd really like anything WarioWare based, just to see what they can come up with :laugh:

I'd like the alternate Menu music from Melee to make a return too. Probably as an alternate track for the battlefield stage seeing as Menu 1 already plays there? I mean we know from the My Music update they can have up to 4.

Soodey

Smash Apprentice
MOTHER - Pollyanna (I Believe in You) and Bein' Friends, both with lyrics.
Metal Gear Solid - Metal Gear Solid 2 Theme
i was about to type these songs, before i even saw this post. ANyway, those 2 and id orgasm.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I say if there is Bowser's castle level it will be a remix of the music Bowser had in Mario RPG, which was a remix of Super Mario Bros 3

D

Deleted member

Anything from games that have never been referenced before basically.

Personally I'd like to see a remix of the final level from Metroid II in Subspace somewhere. As a kid that theme spooked me.

Oh and that famous one from the first level of Mario Land! Classic!

Weed

Smash Lord
I really want to hear any kind of Bowser music, with the Brawl music style added to give it that epic feel~

Puffs

Smash Ace
Champion Battle music from Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal. Best battle music EVARZ.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I agree, Metroid Prime music is definitely needed (some sort of remix for Phendrana, plzzzz)!

I'm really looking forward to the at-least-four-songs-per-stage thing, I think it's likely that a lot of us get our hopes.

I agree, Dark World FTW! Can't wait for it!

lukintosh

Smash Ace
I hope they'll give us some Warioware music, cause I wanna see how creative the musicians can get with Warioware's quirky style. Some epic war battle music from FE would be nice. But most important... GREEN GREENS FROM KIRBY :laugh:

Darkurai

Smash Master
Mario Sunshine Boss Theme
Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Legendary Battle Theme
Tubba Blubba Boss Music

And most importantly:

A place to download Metal Gear Solid: MGS4 Love Theme (Smash Bros. Brawl Version).

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
An arrangement of Metroid Prime music would be nice, a medley perhaps.

Final boss Bowser song from Mario 64

The theme from Wind Waker would be nice. Ancient Hero or whatever it's called. one of my favorite songs.

Diddy Kong Racing theme.

Some Donkey Kong music that isn't the same boring drums we keep getting. Surely that bongo game had some interesting music for us?

miller483

Smash Ace
An arrangement of Metroid Prime music would be nice, a medley perhaps.
My ideal Prime medley would be:

Metroid Prime menu - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLLE_PvJ5mY
Tallon Overworld theme 2 - http://archivesdojo.free.fr/metroid/Back to Tallon Overworld.mp3
Space Pirate Battle - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iSU5LPYczE
Phendrana Drifts - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFAMNz-eNkQ
Metroid Prime 2 Title - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLOkc9MwFHs&mode=related&search=
Metroid Prime 3 Rundas Battle - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nMFLquJeCc

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Fire Emblem - Together We Ride! (probably a shoe-in)
That was already in Melee, it was Hyrule Castle's alternate song.

Anyway, I agree with pollyanna-I believe in you, but we can an instrumental on that one? The lyrics make it sound like it's out of a kids show. Either way, they need to have a jazzier version.

Fourside ORIGINAL theme, the jazzy one. None of the bull**** they gave us in Melee.

The Giygas battle music was just epic, and I'd like to see that during the final fight against the last boss in subspace.

.....every song from Earthbound would be good.

Hmmmm.....I'd also say that Geno's theme would be awesome. A newer take on the song would be nice, this version would be especially awesome(NOT by me, but by Chronamut of Newgrounds. http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/17941

To those that say it might annoy some people if they redid it, just as it annoyed me that they did the Fourside theme all wrong, it's a little different of a case. In Super Mario RPG, Geno's/Forest theme was meant to sort of have a techno sound to it(as this version does), probably to show off Super Nintendo's power. With Earthbound though, Fourside's original theme was jazzy, but in Melee, they decided to make it more of a techno song, which was just awkward.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That was already in Melee, it was Hyrule Castle's alternate song.

Anyway, I agree with pollyanna-I believe in you, but we can an instrumental on that one? The lyrics make it sound like it's out of a kids show. Either way, they need to have a jazzier version.

Fourside ORIGINAL theme, none of the bull**** they gave us in Melee.

The Giygas battle music was just epic, and I'd like to see that during the final fight against the last boss in subspace.

.....every song from Earthbound would be good.
Well, Pollyanna's lyrics are like that because they're told from a child's perspective (I think). I think an orchestral or jazz version would be neat. For a jazz one, check my previous post.

You're right. I don't want Smiles and Tears in it. Giygas's theme MUST get in the game.

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Windwaker's music was great. The ocean theme and the Battle with Molgera, Dragon Roost and many others...

But what i really want to hear is Super Metroid's intro and credits song (i think it plays in the intro of Echoes too, if i'm not mistaken) I didn't like the Metroid Boss theme remix (Ridley's) too much, i'd prefer the original (or Prime's version)

If there's an Earthbound stage, i'd love to have a Saturn Valley remix on it.

Revenge of the Metaknight had some great tunes, any of them would be great for the Halberd Stage. (But i would LOVE to have the Battle with Marx music in the selection, it was such a great song) Also from kirby, i think we need Dedede's typical battle theme.

For warioware, any of the tunes that have lyrics (like Dribble and Spitz or Kat & Ana's)

Well, those are the ones that i instantly thought of, there are many more.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I would like to hear:

-Mystery of Murasame Castle medley
-Giyga's Theme but multiply the epicness a hundredfold
-Star Wolf Theme(Star Fox Assault version...that was just made eternally of badassness...)
-Midna's Theme mixed with Midna's Desperate Hour...obviously arranged so you can fight to it...
-Great Palace(from Zelda II, the last temple)
-Final Bowser Theme(the final fight with Bowser in SM64)
-Castle Theme from SMW
-Hotel theme from EarthBound(sry Ive only played up to the part where I get Paula so I dont know all of the songs)
-a medley of Champion Battle Themes from the Pokemon games...
-King DeDeDe's theme
-Cackletta/Bowletta's Theme(from M&L: SS) but heavier on the pipe organs and start it w/ a semi-slow tempo and pick up the pace along the way...
-Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga Boss Battle theme
-metal version of Mach Rider's theme
-Hyrule Castle (from ALttP/ Hyrule King's theme from WW) and an arangement with pipe organs for Ganondorf with his theme in the background...
-Vaati's Themes from Minish Cap medley(starting with his theme, then Reborn, Transfigured and Wrath)
-Majora's Themes medley(starting with Mask then Incarnate and then Wrath with some Calling the Four Giants/Oath to Order in there)
-With Us! from Path of Radiance
-To Challenge Ashnard from Path of Radiance
-Together We Ride! (Fire Emblem)
-Cave/Battle theme from Zelda II
-Balloon Trip theme(from Balloon Fight/Kid)
-Hyrule Overture(the main theme of Zelda)

I dunno my knowledge of Nintendo music is limited compared to others...

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Paper Mario - The Master

Metal Gear Solid 3 Theme

Kirby Crystal Shards last boss

Pokémon Diamond/Pearl field theme

Fire Emblem - Together we ride

The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess field

DK - Donkey Kong Country

Yoshi - Yoshi's Island/DS

Wario - Diamond City

Starfox - Corneria SNES

F-Zero - F Zero GX Mute City

and the Isle Delfino Plaza theme.

Hungry Gamer

Smash Apprentice
I can't wait to hear that Dark World Theme! Music updates are not my fave, but if I hear a remixed version of that song, it'll be like a Friday update for me.

Top Bottom