• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music of Smash "Majora's Endless Triple Super Strength Punishment Corruption"

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Welcome everyone to
The Music of Smash!

This is a weekly series that will be posted each Tuesday. For this series, different authors will come through with their posts of music. The music of Smash is simple - Each week, we post seven songs from various series represented in Smash (whether it's four characters or just a simple sticker) along with a bit of information about them - Check back every week to listen to some awesome tunes! While this may not be groundbreaking news; the writing staff here at Smashboards wants to provide a little something for everybody to enjoy. Please note that this does not mean these songs are in any way confirmed. They are merely songs the staff writers feel would make great additions to the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U soundtrack. We hope you enjoy "Music of Smash Tuesdays"!

This week's musical article is brought you by I, @ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom for a second week! Maybe some of you have grown sick of me by now but I really hope you enjoy the musical pieces that I picked out for you this week! As some of you may know, certain elements of the Wii U version has been leaked by various individuals. One of these is the default music list for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. For those who have yet to watch the leaked "My Music" menu and don't mid being spoiled, follow this link below to watch the GameXplain video of "My Music"!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hTUYEjQIHRs

That being said, it is highly doubtful that this is the end of music speculation for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. During the "50 Fact Extravaganza" it was revealed that C.D.'s will return and that it is possible to collect them to unlock hidden songs. This means that while the GameXplain video does showcase the vast majority of the soundtrack, there are still hidden songs just waiting to be unlocked. In the previous article, I focused on particular songs that could potentially be in the game. This article, I would like to focus both on songs that could potentially make while also highlighting particularly great pieces from represented franchises as way to introduces readers to franchise soundtracks that may not have heard of. So, not wasting anymore time, let's just into...
The Music of Smash!

Kirby
Kirby could Be the Entire Soundtrack if He Inhaled Barbara!

Kirby is one of the series with such great, memorable music. As someone who was introduced to Kirby through a friend of mine on the old gray Gameboy, I specifically remember that music and fond memories well up from it. One cannot deny that Kirby has such a great amount of music to pull from that really helps represent the series. I sat down and was trying to decide which Kirby song really showcased the series and I actually went straight to the source for a song that, I feel, represents the series:

"HAL Room" Kirby Triple Deluxe
The source being HAL who developed Kirby and also helped develop Super Smash Bros. 64 as well as a company that Masahiro Sakurai, direct of the Smash series, used to work for. In fact, he was the creative force behind the Kirby series int he start of it's lifetime. I feel the HAL Room really helps represent the series in a way that other songs cant. Not only due to it's song but the general feeling of the song. When I listen to it, I just get the feeling of "Kirby" with hints of !lightness, puffiness, and copying abilities". The entire song has a very upbeat nature that works very well in stages that are active and light such as "The Great Cave Offensive" or "Green Greens" if it is included. Heck, it would even work well with "Fountain of Dreams". It could also work well in Smash Tour as it is a poppy, get-off-your-seat type song.

What do you think of "HAL Room"? Do you think this would make a great addition to the Kirby franchise? Let us know!

Wii Fit
Let's Get in Shape by Listening to Music!

Ah Wii Fit....the game most of us may of tried in our lifetime but one that exactly isn't known for having dedicated Super Smash Bros. fans playing it. However, it's iconic and important to the Super Smash Bros. and Nintendo history is important. It is one of the highest selling franchises in the Nintendo library and saw an increase in popularity thanks in part due to the Wii. Wii Fit is new series to Super Smash Bros. and so obviously new music that we have yet to hear will be coming into "My Music". Some of the confirmed Wii Fit music has been "Super Hoop" and "Rhythm Boxing" but what about some of the other modes found in Wii Fit? One that I suggest is....

"Strength Training" Wii Fit Plus

This upbeat and poppy song would work well in a variety of stages such as "Wii Fit Studio" as well as in "Pilot Wings" and "Wuhu Island". The music isn't entirely overbearing and it has a general airiness to the song that complements stages as those listed above. As well, the song would work well in menu themes as it's generally easy to listen to. In terms of it being iconic, it is a pivotal part of Wii Fit where players use it to strengthen themselves, practice, and enjoy a variety of challenges that are not to strenuous. I feel this song would be a great addition to the Wii Fit music listing.

Do you think Wii Fit deserves more music? What other music do you think does the series justice? Let us know below!

Endless Ocean
Smash is an Endless Ocean

Now you may be thinking to yourself "Wait...Endless Ocean isn't a franchise in Super Smash Bros!" and you are right - it's not. I mentioned earlier that I want to focus on music that are from franchises that are within Super Smash Bros. but I also want to highlight on musical tracks that have potential to be in Super Smash Bros. but has yet to be represented. This would be the case of "musical representation" though this isn't an entirely popular type of representation. "Endless World" has two games out for the Wii which involves players diving into the deep blue oceans, investigating underwater ruins, finding diverse lifeforms, and trying not to get eaten by Great White Sharks. Most of the soundtrack is ambient underwater music, which would work for an underwater-themed stage but, seeing as how there aren't any, these types of tracks wouldn't work. However, I feel this particular song would do well. Much in the vein of the "Strength Training" track, this song has a positive, poppy sound that would work well with various stages...

"Dolphin and Whale Training Show" Endless Ocean: Into the Blue
When I listen to this song, I feel stages such as "Pilotwings", "Wuhu Island", "Delfino Plaza", "Mario Circuit", and maybe "MiiVerse". It has a really groovy sound that would work well in these stages as players jump around the stage and the traveling nature of each one. As well, if a song for Endless Ocean is needed; I feel this one if the safest choices as it's not too ambient and won't clash with stages. Much like "strength Training", it would also work well in various Menu's and Game Modes as it's easy to listen to and, hey, you might find yourself grooving along with this upbeat track! And who knows, maybe we might even get some Endless Ocean representation in the form of trophies, or, dare I say, a stage? An Endless Ocean stage in HD would be pretty amazing; especially with this track directing it.

Do you think Endless Ocean should be represented in Super Smash Bros.? Would you prefer more ambient music? Give us a shout-out in the comments!

Metroid
Lavalvavavavava

Call me bias but Metroid music is some of the best around and is continueously a favorite of mine within the Nintendo library. Even since the first Metroid game, the music really sets off the feeling of the game and does the genre justice. Metroid Prime took it up a notch and really pulled out the stops in terms of music. And while Other M wasn't as well received generally, the soundtrack wasn't too bad. Last week, I covered "Phendrana Drifts", a fan favorite but one that is really a hit-or-miss when used on a stage. This week, I would like to suggest a more action-packed song that works well in active, chaotic stages...

"Rundas's Battle" Metroid Prime 3

When I sat down last week to write up the Music of Smash, I wanted to include "Phendrana Drifts" right from the start but, after posting the article, I was literally kicking myself for forgetting this amazing song. Everything about this song is just epic - from the guitar portions, the synthesizers, the industrial feeling yet galactic/ambient songs in the middle of the song. The song has a very "Metroid"-like feeling to it and, IMO, one of the better tracks out there. It would work well for a wide variety of stages such as "Pyrosphere" and "Norfair" obviously. This track would be absolutely amazing on "Pyrosphere" but I can see it working on "Orbital Gate", "Halberd", and "The Great Cave Offensive". While this song isn't as iconic as some of the other music that appears on more important events, it is a fan favorite and ranks high up there for Metroid fans. This song appeared during the battle between Samus and another ice-themed bounty hunter, Rundas. Again, while not an extremely important fight, this song is just too hard to pass up.

Are you happy with the music representing Metroid? What songs do you want to see included in Super Smash Bros. from the Metroid franchise! Let us know by commenting!

Legend of Zelda

Legend of Zelda fans rejoiced at the announcement of "Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D" which was unveiled last week during the Nintendo Wii U and 3DS Direct. In fact, the Direct showed this title off first; complete with all of the creepy scenes and music! However, it might be a bit too late for any Majora's Mask content such as stages and trophies; especially since Super Smash Bros. 3DS featured content from "Ocarina of Time 3D". However, that doesn't necessarily mean that musical content would also not be included.

"Clock Town Day 1" Legend of Zelda
What better way to represent the Majora's Mask series by including the "Clock Town Day 1" theme song into the Legend of Zelda music list. This song is extremely iconic within the Majora's Mask series since Clock Town is the center of the land of Termina. This is where much of the games storyline takes place and what better way to represent it through it's theme song! This song would go great with stages such as "Skyloft" and possibly with "Eldin Bridge" and "Temple", though maybe less. It has a very nice sound to it but can also be incorporated with a bit of the Majora's Mask-esque creepy vibe which might go well with "Eldin Bridge" and "Temple". In any case, none can deny this song is very important within the Legend of Zelda franchise and, while it is late for Majora's Mask content, music may be an entirely different issue!

What music would you like to see be included from Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask? Do you think Clock Town is a good representative? Let us know by commenting below!

Pokemon
Gotta Smash them All!

Ah, Pokemon. Pokemon is one of the series that sometimes gets orchestrated versions of the songs or remixes of pre-exisiting songs. I have always found Pokemon music to be a bit hard to differentiate but it is very good music nonetheless. Pokemon X and Y exhibited some great tunes, and with Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire set to release in mere weeks, we are sure to see some great new music represented in Smash. I wanted to focus on a particularly unique song that could be used both in stages and as well as training modes...

"Super Training!" Pokemon X and Y
While not exactly an A-lister, "Super Training" was a unique addition to Pokemon X and Y that players were able to play to maximize Pokemon stats and to make them overall stronger. The theme song has a very lively sound to it that would go well in a number of Pokemon stages and game modes. Sadly, we don't know much in the way of Pokemon states on the Wii U version. The only confirmed stages for Pokemon is "Kalos Elite 4" and "Pokemon Stadium ". I think this stage goes well for both though I think it words best for Pomemon Stadium 2 in my honest opinion. This would also go well with Training, Multi-man Melees, and other single player modes. And who knows, maybe we might get a new Pokemon stage that is unlockable.

What Pokemon music do you want to see in Super Smash Bros.? Which version do you want to get more musical representation: Black/White, X/Y, or Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire?

Sin and Punishment
Take this!

Now time for a series that has yet to have any music included but has been represented by an Assist Trophy. Sin and Punishment is the franchise where the Assist Trophy, Saki Amamiya, is from. The first game was released on the Nintendo 64 and was a rail shooter-type game. Sadly, Saki did not make the cut as a playable status for Super Smash Bros. 4 but does return again as an Assist Trophy. After Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Sin and Punishment had a sudden increase in interest which helped spawn "Sin and Punishment 2: Star Successor" which featured Saki's son. I think it's about time that Sin and Punishment gets some more content besides an Assist Trophy and here is my suggestion...

"Discipline" Sin and Punishment 2 Star Successor
If this track doesn't get you into the mood for Smashing, I have no idea what will. This song just oozes some intense, epic battles on stages such as "Pyrosphere", "Norfair", "Battlefield", "Final Destination", "Orbital Gate", "Lylat Cruise", and "Halberd". Everything from it's electric guitars, synthesizers, and general flow of song. It doesn't miss a beat and she keeps the hype up. I feel this song will do very well in Super Smash Bros. and can envision it being played during competitive games and such. The song is fairly iconic within Sin and Punishment, though it is from the sequel of the game and Saki is from the first game but that shouldn't be a huge issue. Assist Trophies, such as Isaac and Golden Sun, has had music included from that franchise so I don't think saying that Sin and Punishment music is a long shot. Especially with such hype-inducing powerful tracks such as this one.

In Conclusion
I hope you enjoyed the musical tracks that I picked out for this week! Do you think they were editions and deserve to be included into one of the most extensive Nintendo soundtrack? Are there any other musical tracks that you would like to see included! If so, let us know by leaving a comment!

Venus loves game music! He will always love game music! Join in this game music lovefest by following him on Twitter at @Venusto Bloom!

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You included Rundas' battle. YOU INCLUDED RUNDAS' BATTLE.

You sir have amazing judgement ^_^

All we need now, of course, is a mention of Dark Samus' boss theme from Corruption next week.

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
All these music belongs to smash bros. Is you remix, they fix perfectly as a battle theme. Some like "Rundas theme" (Look I don't know about metroid ok) don't need a remix for being a amazing music for amazing battle.

I prefer the super training theme than the Lumiose City theme with no remix. Lumiose City is to calm for soo many explosion when super training feel better for all the wackiness and crazy stuff hapening.

Keep Up. After all, It I want a Underwater stage, Mario go home, Endlesss ocean cold be a cool underwater stage for smash bros.

D

Deleted member

I was think more of the "revenge of the enemy" but the Hal Room is ok to.

Last edited by a moderator:

ORANGEtheGORILLa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ORANGEtheGORILLA
3DS FC
0387-9268-8964
Somebody better be making some 3ds stage hacks. Stage music ain't dope till I'm through with it

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
I've been wanting Rundas Battle since before Brawl was released. REALLY hope it's an unlockable CD.

Arc1llusion

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jarfed
I'd love to see an Ice themed Metroid stage and include both Phendrana drifts and Rundas' battle theme as options. Those are two of my favorite tracks, and partly what I love about Metroid with its great atmosphere.

I've never played Sin and Punishment, but that song is beast. Would love to have it in the game. Overall good picks!

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
Great taste in music you have good sir. Especially the metroid tracks you have picked so far. I would be ecstatic if we got Rundas battle theme in. Reminds me of my old brawl combo vid to that song lol good times.

Kai Zami

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EthixKumamoto
3DS FC
4055-5261-7956
I'm sad because the Wii U version is most likely gonna get the Diantha Music from pokemon X and Y ;~;

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I might sound crazy for saying this, but a part of the Sin and Punishment song makes me think of Super Monkey Ball.

Great songs all around though, I believe. As much as I love the Smash Bros. soundtracks, I'm just waiting to see whatever songs the Wii U version will have. It'll be pretty cool if any of these are in it.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I swear, if Rundas' theme isn't one of the unlockable tracks, I'll...

...be really disappointed. :|

Bomber913

Smash Cadet
NNID
ferrer3
3DS FC
3523-2231-5548
No F-L-O-W-E-R-E-D, C-R-O-W-N-E-D, or Hypernova vs. Sectonia?

GameFreak164X

Smash Rookie
NNID
GameFreak164X
3DS FC
3308-4878-1702
I hope Planet Wisp from Sonic Colors makes it onto the next list.

GamerCrusader

Smash Rookie
Super Training & Rundas's Theme are songs I've wanted to be in this game so bad.......>_<
And if I could choose another, it would have to be the final boss theme from Sonic Colors, its like the best Sonic game to have come out in years, Sonic Generations was good but really short, and the final boss kinda sucked. But heres how a final battle should sound.......XD

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I think the default Metroid music selection is mediocre in Smash 4, half of the music is from the first Metroid, which we had already enough in Brawl.
And it bugs me the that Super Metroid and Metroid Prime, the games with the best music among the series get barely something, hopefully the collectable CDs may fix this, or maybe an unlockable Metroid stage. (is there a full stagelist yet?, idk)

Also, i need to play Sin & Punishment already.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I pretty much have every music track I could want except for Dyna Blade's boss theme from Kirby and while I know they probably wouldn't do this, I'd like to see some kind of medley of all three of the songs that play in the final, I'd like to see that in an official Smash game, I've edited them all in one track with smooth transitions for Project M myself so if I get the chance I'll upload it on Youtube and drop off the link.

KatKit

Smash Lord
When I saw Majora's Mask, I expected the Stone Tower Temple music. Personally, I think that song would be great in Smash.

Coonce

Smash Apprentice
I always did the super training with the sound off... You're telling me I was missing out on this awesome song???

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Given the fact that Smash 4 is going to have Baten Kaitos music, and that Brawl had a song from a PSP-exclusive Metal Gear game, I think it's safe to say any song in Smash 4 is possible.

It would be cool if they did a Majora's Mask remix similar to the Ocarina of Time Medley; the major difference being that said remix would consist of Ocarina songs from Majora's Mask instead of Ocarina of Time. I could see it being very dark and haunting.

Personally, if we ever got a song from the Sin & Punishment series, these two would be mine picks:
♪ Heroine
♪ Hibaru Boss Fight (Sin & Punishment 2)

Oh, and these songs NEED to appear in a Mario/Yoshi stage:
♪ Hisstocrat
♪ Big Boss (Yoshi's Island) //I could see this being very epic if done right.

Top Bottom