• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Music City Smash

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
I don't think the 23rd is gonna work out with my work schedule cause of me leaving for Pound. But I know I can get off for the 30th. So thats when the next Monthly will be.

+Isaiah+

Smash Rookie
So I finally made an account and stuffs. So now I'll actually know what's going on...

Ajax- yeah man Im totally up for learning shiek. And thank for the jiggs comment
i'm probably gonna start coming to more tourneys and such. Once I get down how to play jiggs and everything she's gonna be wrecking **** all over the place.

I'm glad the tourneys on the 30th because my birthday is on the 23rd :D

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
anyone want to team for pound 4 brawl+?
I'll do it =o

I play D3 for doubles though. Not only do I enjoy D3 more in doubles, but... Diddy's too awkward in it. Sorry man, can't be arsed to learn nanner control in doubles.

Who'll you be playing?

I'm glad the tourneys on the 30th because my birthday is on the 23rd :D
Cool beans. Now I don't have to skip out on the 2nd monthly =]

Slash: Every time i see you get better, who knows, maybe you'll destroy me and I look forward to it. remember dread talk is our little secret (no homo)
*shakes dreads in approval*

Seiki

Smash Apprentice
actually...maybe Sheik. I don't really know Slash. =/ if anything it's probably Sheik...

Ajax615

Smash Apprentice
I just want two sheiks in one team to see what would happen..lol or a zelda and a sheik..oooo or a zelda zelda team!

Handorin

Smash Hero
I'll post some pound pools here:

1. Hax
1. SideFX
1. Handorin
1. BatmanSince
1. ForkGirl

1. trikrome
1. UUAA
1. The Irish Mafia
1. Brdy
1. -Chad-

1. HyperDragon
1. VenG
1. Husband
1. Arcadin
1. Atma
1. Doll

1. Nand0
1. Soup
1. Trebor
1. eddy mexico
1. Iori
1. joshdude15

1. JMOAN
1. NoMo
1. RockCrock
1. ArcNatural
1. caleb0froy
1. Cyrain

1. Toph
1. IHaveSpaceBalls
1. PhatGamer
1. Col Bol
1. DJRome

1. SamTheDigital
1. Myztek
1. R00R
1. C-Stick
1. Mango
(LOL, I was looking for Myz's name, and saw Mango and checked him for the lulz. There was Myz)

1. Stelzig
1. AlexStrife
1. moogle
1. BAM
1. Falcomist

1. PKMVodka
1. Swift
1. Vudijin
1. Fox Hater
1. joot
1. MooseEatsBear

1. SpeedYoshi
1. Xelic
1. LK
1. G$
1. Ko Kingpin

1. Sinensis
1. Zoap
1. ChuDat
1. bol_de_cereale@hotmail.com
1. boxob

Seiki

Smash Apprentice
I'm not interested in Melee really, but I'm going to pay the spectator's fee to support all the TN melee players.

@Slash: You are right. I used to use a lot of Fox in doubles back in vBrawl so I am very comfortable with him.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
I'll post some pound pools here:

1. Hax
1. SideFX
1. Handorin
1. BatmanSince
1. ForkGirl

1. trikrome
1. UUAA
1. The Irish Mafia
1. Brdy
1. -Chad-

1. HyperDragon
1. VenG
1. Husband
1. Arcadin
1. Atma
1. Doll

1. Nand0
1. Soup
1. Trebor
1. eddy mexico
1. Iori
1. joshdude15

1. JMOAN
1. NoMo
1. RockCrock
1. ArcNatural
1. caleb0froy
1. Cyrain

1. Toph
1. IHaveSpaceBalls
1. PhatGamer
1. Col Bol
1. DJRome

1. SamTheDigital
1. Myztek
1. R00R
1. C-Stick
1. Mango
(LOL, I was looking for Myz's name, and saw Mango and checked him for the lulz. There was Myz)

1. Stelzig
1. AlexStrife
1. moogle
1. BAM
1. Falcomist

1. PKMVodka
1. Swift
1. Vudijin
1. Fox Hater
1. joot
1. MooseEatsBear

1. SpeedYoshi
1. Xelic
1. LK
1. G$
1. Ko Kingpin

1. Sinensis
1. Zoap
1. ChuDat
1. bol_de_cereale@hotmail.com
1. boxob
dude forkgirl is gonna give you the Chain gang.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I think like...exactly no people care about melee pools in this thread.
I posted it here because more people visit it than the TN thread. >_>

KO- Haha. We went pretty even in our friendliess at Genesis. Except, my Ness beat her shiek. I guess she doesn't know it's a really easy match up. :confused:

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
Hey KO, can you post the bracket? I can't figure out which replays were friendlies and which were tournament games without it.

Also, for Pound 4, can you get me/drop me off from Tennessee Tech in Cookeville? It should be right along the route both ways.

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
I dunno if anybody's noticed, but they've just put up the Official codeset 6.0, "almost gold." From what I'm reading, it sounds like that all balancing and gameplay stuff is done, and they won't be touching it in future builds, unless some major glitch shows up. the rest of the builds will be focusing on visual things, and stages.

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm already kinda happy. I kinda got out of B+ and was annoyed with the constant changing and rebalancing and such. Now that it seems to be "finished" I might actually get back into and learn how to play it now.

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
MK's Nado now loses vertical trajectory Caleb.

Instead of staying at a constant level, using it now kills MK. How does that make you feel?

Lol, better not press that B button.

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
MK's Nado now loses vertical trajectory Caleb.

Instead of staying at a constant level, using it now kills MK. How does that make you feel?

Lol, better not press that B button.
uh...
"what"
"sad"
and
"lol"

well. I like MK. Luckily I never nado anyway. but I suppose now I'll be extra careful...? Anyway, I hear Falcon gets double jump back from down B. there's a reason to be happy, right? Say, isn't it like midnight? go to bed.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
That nerf has been in there for a while now, at least to 5.0 maybe even further back. Recently in this build they cut the end lag on it and gave it transcendent priority, which means that it can't beat out most of his opponent's attacks. I personally love this build, best one yet, and yes falcon does get his second jump back after aerial falcon kick now, just tested it to be sure.

Also, 100th post Hooray!

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
lol why would they nerf tornado, of all attacks? That move's already unusable.
from what i understand of it, what they did was make it usable again, but not as a recovery. They lowered the endlag on it and gave it Transcendent Priority. But it Falls if used off the stage. I have not tested it but I plan on it.

Edit: Mr.P already posted the above. But I think they actually made the move better. The build is very good.

What changes are you thinking about Chad?

Seiki

Smash Apprentice
Welcome to TN Scorpion.

As for the latest build, did they change Sheik, Falco, or Mario? And overall what gameplay changes have they made?

shapular

Smash Ace
Just moved from Gainesville, FL to Knoxville, TN.

I'm definitely coming to this.

How many people usually show up (and how many participate in Melee)?
Welcome to the South, dude! I've been practicing Melee a bit, but I'm not sure who I'm going to main D: I can't really play G&W anymore because I keep trying to play him like Brawl G&W :(

Alrgureth

Smash Journeyman
I really hope they don't quit balancing just yet >_> there are changes I think should be made.. but then again who am I
you are Chad :3

I'm hearing alot of good things about this build. Bosco's been messing with it, and he says its very good. I have a good excuse to dust off my wii and start playing it, as the next monthly is coming up soon...first I have to actually find said wii before I dust it off. lol.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
So KO, whats the game plan for pound, cause I'm almost 100% on this, but I'd like some details on the matter so I can prepare for it.
well we already have a full car going with milln. We would need another car to go cause there is just no way we are fitting 6 for 12 hours. would you feel comfortable driving your car that far? Or maybe there are some Memphis people driving who could Pick some people up?

Handorin

Smash Hero
Well, I'm driving. My car is in the shop for repairs, and hopefully they get it done by Thursday. I'll have room for one more, but I think Blake is taking that seat. If it isn't done, then I might be able to take my mom's suv, which could fit 2 more. *shrug*

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Well, I'm driving. My car is in the shop for repairs, and hopefully they get it done by Thursday. I'll have room for one more, but I think Blake is taking that seat. If it isn't done, then I might be able to take my mom's suv, which could fit 2 more. *shrug*
Dude handorin that would be beast cause I was thinking of Renting a Van to take everyone.

When are you all planning on leaving?

Handorin

Smash Hero
Dude handorin that would be beast cause I was thinking of Renting a Van to take everyone.

When are you all planning on leaving?
I dunno, sometime on Thursday. Then we go the rest of the way on Friday. (Splitting it @ knoxville makes it about 7hours a day for us)

Top Bottom