• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Muscle Growth

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
Ok, to start off, im a 17 year old male, about 5.74 feet which i belive is about 5' 8.8'' (im not american, so i use the Metric System). I weight about 55 Kg (121.25 pounds), im skinny.

Now onto the topic, i started excersising again about a week ago, i had done it before, but never were consistent and had like no will power, so i quitted like 2 times already. This time, i know im going to do it, mainly because it is somehting i want, i know its healthy and i have the time to do it.

I just started 5 days ago (i know its early to question things but meh), and been doing a beginners routine for 4 days (2 days straing the one no then 2 again), i take about an hour doing it, maybe just a bit less, but what i've started to do is measuring the bodyparts im working on, my bro told me to so i did :p

My questioning about this is that, well, i took some measures again today and heres what i achieved :

Shoulders: Begin - 96 cm = 37.7 in
today - 97.5 cm = 38.38 in
Chest: Begin - 82.5 cm = 32.4 in
today - 84.5 cm = 33.26 in
Right arm biceps: Begin - 25 cm = 9.8 in
today - 26 cm = 10.2 in
Left arm biceps: Begin - 23 cm = 9.03 in
today - 24.5 = 9.64 in

Those are the changes/gains on the measures, but i think somethings wrong, i mean, it has just been 4 days, and already a min of 1 cm gain for the least.

The whole point of this is to get some opinions on this, 'cause idk if its right, i think the growths are bigger than what they should be, or at least than what i spected them to be, but i might be wrong, im new at this, maybe i took the measure wrong or something, but i think i didnt. So if anyone who knows about this matter, could assist me with some opinions, basically im looking for several opinions on this, to see if this is right or i made a mistake or something.

I know i might be somewhat of a large post, but i'm really looking forward to your answers, and im not specting a right away response, so i'll check this periodically.

Something i think it might be, is that since im starting maybe the muscles grow faster or soemthing at first then at a slower rate depending on the routine, but then again im new at this.

Thanks in advance, and have some happy Smashing.

Mugquomp

Smash Ace
My guess? You introduced a bias into your results because you were expecting the numbers to be bigger. So when you measured, they were bigger. Or depending on when you took the measurements, your muscles could have been pumped out and bigger after a workout. So if you took the first set before working out and the second set afterwards, that would also skew your results.

I wouldn't worry about it too much if I were you.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
Usually after a workout my muslces get all bulged out, they relax after a while.
I was told bulk is not the answer, it looks impressive, but try and get your muscles stretched too, you do not want a pulled muscle.

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
Thanks much on your answers, i wont worry about it then, i'll just stay on it, and i did both measures before the workout, but i dont complain lol. Thanks.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Generally, if you start working out and do intense muscle work-outs they'll grow at a fairly fast rate. But then they'll start going REALLY. SLOWLY. So don't expect them to be going at 1 cm every five days forever.

It also could've been what Muggomp said -- you introduced bias into your results.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
My guess? You introduced a bias into your results because you were expecting the numbers to be bigger. So when you measured, they were bigger. Or depending on when you took the measurements, your muscles could have been pumped out and bigger after a workout. So if you took the first set before working out and the second set afterwards, that would also skew your results.

I wouldn't worry about it too much if I were you.
Yeah, it's this.

Peeze

Smash Master
I just started back working out, i keep quiting. Like you, my mjuscles get rediculousloy huge when i work out, and i now curl 20 pouinds more than i did before i started working out, but it doesn't show, and my biceps have only grown like an inch/ inch an a half at most. I'm thinking of playing baseball to get big like barry bonds.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Remember that you gain muscle through resting well and eating a decent amount of protein after working out.

Never work on the same muscle two days in a row, you'll actually lose muscle density. The work out tears, the rest+protein develops them stronger and bigger.

Protein is basically for them to heal faster and stronger.

Peeze

Smash Master
I drink a protein shake(26 grams of protein per shake) in the morning and after every work out. My workout schedule goes like this:
Mondays: arms/chest
Tuesdays: legs/abs
Wednesday: arms/chest
Thursday: legs/abs
Friday: rest
saturday: arms/chest
Sunday: rest
I never work out the same muscles 2 days in a row. I should mentiuon that i have a small-very small- frame-5,4 135 pounds at age 17. Maybe i should just wait to grow... lol right

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
Well, i didnt know that i shouldnt train the same muscle that often, i also do drink a protein shake(actually, its just one with double proteins, cause i can drink too much liquids lol, so i use double powder) right after work out, i though a day would be enough rest to work out again(cause i do arms, abs, legs and chest in each routine, so daily), but now i know, thanks for the advices.

BTW, at first i also though maybe i measured them wrong, like in a bit different place, so the diff was too big, cause if the grwoth was consistent, it'd be just too much.

Top Bottom