• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mupen 64 or prject 64?

Demon_machinE

Smash Journeyman
Get both... jeez. They're free...

I forget where to download it, maybe you should have asked someone from this section, like the moderator Meowkitty in a PM instead of making a thread.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
just get both so you can play vs everyone. Sometimes tourneys are run on mupen but most people use pj64k.

tomtom0919

Smash Cadet
Anyone bother to give me link to mupen 64k? Dont give me link to their homepage, it doesnt show the 64k download, only the 64.

Yoshiking

Smash Apprentice
Touche RO Touche.....but on the serious note i'd say both is good. Trust me i get into fights all the time don't believe me ask RO. lol

okaygo

Smash Journeyman
Touche RO Touche.....but on the serious note i'd say both is good. Trust me i get into fights all the time don't believe me ask RO. lol
I'll admit there are some minor crashing in Mupen, even to the point where some computers crash the application once a game ends. However, I have still yet to have Mupen64 BSOD my computer and just flat our restart it like PJ64K, my Mupen64 doesn't crash when you start typing during a game loading. It syncs cores (Pj64K doesn't).

My new version also fixes this stuff. I will be setting up a development forums on my site, so if you want to keep track of progress, or test the builds you can do it there. (this might be seen as an advertisement, but it's just as much as an ad. as the 'how to set up pj64k' is, as I don't intend to build a community for smash.)

Nephiros

Smash Ace
I still prefer project64k though, because I'm used to it and also 'cause it pisses okaygo off (:

Yoshiking

Smash Apprentice
I don't care, you are the one missing out. I like steak, keep eating chuck beef.
OOo i like steak to okaygo can i have some? ^^. but cool update news on the mupen

i'll be sure to download that one also ^^

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
nobody provided him a link..... Meow edit: You're not allowed to post links for emulators, according to Smashboards rules.

SG rules, basically dont gimp ur opponent early, like dont kill ur opponent at 40% and stuffz

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Mupen wins by a landslide. Everyone who is sticking with pj64k is a stubborn fool. These days the ONLY reasons one should use pj64k are if there are no mupen games open at the moment or if you want to play with Gameshark codes.

Poponfu

Smash Rookie
I like p64k a lot better... with /setdelay 1 it seems like there is less lag than mupen...

not to mention vista + mupen = crash city :dizzy:

okaygo

Smash Journeyman
I like p64k a lot better... with /setdelay 1 it seems like there is less lag than mupen...

not to mention vista + mupen = crash city :dizzy:
Try replacing PJ64K with Mupen, and vice versa then your sentence makes sense. Plus the new builds are very stable, so you might want to try out those.

flaco

The Terminator
Get both... jeez. They're free...

I forget where to download it, maybe you should have asked someone from this section, like the moderator Meowkitty in a PM instead of making a thread.
bad advice don't get both then the will messed up your pc performance and the will be more bugs to deal with trust me also nice advice moron.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
bad advice don't get both then the will messed up your pc performance and the will be more bugs to deal with trust me also nice advice moron.
Your an idiot alot of people in this room have both...Go back to the room you came from >_>

okaygo

Smash Journeyman
sorry man I have a 3g dollar pc but I am too busy to play in emulators
My first impression of you was ignorance, then reading your second and third post I have come to the conclusion that you are an idiot. Having both emulators on your computer is like having AIM and MSN. Stop talking when you obviously know nothing of which you speak of.

Top Bottom