• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

Nothing needs to be changed. Nick will always be apart of its roots, but doesn't really know what to do with it. Avatar should be left as the lore point, but expand with Korra and have them crossover with Teen Titans/Young Justice.
Bro, listen.
Avatar takes place in Ancient Eastern-style world and Teen Titans take place in Modern day.
So, how could this work? Time Travelling?

UserKev

Smash Champion
Bro, listen.
Avatar takes place in Ancient Eastern-style world and Teen Titans take place in Modern day.
So, how could this work? Time Travelling?
o_o Yeah? .. Also, you can have them crossover from each universe, both already having similar aesthetics like how Mortal Kombat has a modern setting, but most of its threats come from Outworld, a more ancient dimensional setting.

o_o Yeah? .. Also, you can have them crossover from each universe, both already having similar aesthetics like how Mortal Kombat has a modern setting, but most of its threats come from Outworld, a more ancient dimensional setting.
Yeah, that's because the Nothing is awaking from Ancient Times and threatens the Modern World.
It's basically Awoken Evil, man.

amageish

Smash Master
I for one would want to see Godzilla mix it up with Lizzie. Also, George with King Kong for that matter.

That said, here are the guesses from the WMG page on TV Tropes:

I doubt that Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh could qualify very much but other than that...
Woah, that's a big list... Though also that is a very generious reading of what "Warner Bros crossover" means, as it is including a lot of IPs only indirectly interacted with by Warner that Warner doesn't actually, y'know, own. I imagine we'll see some stuff in that camp (ex/ I'm fully expecting the Stephen King catalogue will be used with permission), but I'm not expecting Detective Pikachu to pop up lol. Even stuff like Total Drama Island seems ambigious to me, as idk if it'd actually be worth paying Fresh TV for the rights to use it when they own so much stuff internally.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
My two cents on this whole debate is, CN and Nick are two sides of the same coin, as there's no guarantee that Avatar would get a treatment that's any better under CN (especially seeing how some of their originals get treated sometimes).

Woah, that's a big list... Though also that is a very generious reading of what "Warner Bros crossover" means, as it is including a lot of IPs only indirectly interacted with by Warner that Warner doesn't actually, y'know, own. I imagine we'll see some stuff in that camp (ex/ I'm fully expecting the Stephen King catalogue will be used with permission), but I'm not expecting Detective Pikachu to pop up lol. Even stuff like Total Drama Island seems ambigious to me, as idk if it'd actually be worth paying Fresh TV for the rights to use it when they own so much stuff internally.
Like I sometimes say, when you shoot in every direction, you're eventually going to hit something. The user(s) who did the list simply covered every single base possible, so that there's little that could reasonably be unexpected.

Sure, some characters wouldn't possibly get in, but at least we have a general idea who might.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
FreshTV is basically a 2nd party studio, kinda like GameFreak to Nintendo.

amageish

Smash Master
Like I sometimes say, when you shoot in every direction, you're eventually going to hit something. The user(s) who did the list simply covered every single base possible, so that there's little that could reasonably be unexpected.

Sure, some characters wouldn't possibly get in, but at least we have a general idea who might.
Oh, yeah, it's a giant list which covers all the most likely candidates, one way or another.

Uh, no it isn't? I think HBO or Rooster Teeth would be better allegories for second-party studios, as FreshTV is an independent Canadian company that has historically used Cartoon Network to distribute their shows in America. They have enough of a history that I wouldn't be shocked if they got content in the game, but it also wouldn't be as easy as getting anything Warner actually owns themselves.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Oh, yeah, it's a giant list which covers all the most likely candidates, one way or another.

Uh, no it isn't? I think HBO or Rooster Teeth would be better allegories for second-party studios, as FreshTV is an independent Canadian company that has historically used Cartoon Network to distribute their shows in America. They have enough of a history that I wouldn't be shocked if they got content in the game, but it also wouldn't be as easy as getting anything Warner actually owns themselves.
I'm saying that they've never made a show for Disney Channel or Nick. Fresh TV considering their exclusive partnership with CN would be more than happy to have one of their characters in the game.

amageish

Smash Master
I'm saying that they've never made a show for Disney Channel or Nick. Fresh TV considering their exclusive partnership with CN would be more than happy to have one of their characters in the game.
They've done a few things for Disney Channel, actually, though it's all live-action and not in the somewhat-implied-to-be-shared universe of Total-Drama/6teen/Stoked.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i dunno about freshtv but game freak is by all accounts is still 3rd party as they have published a game by themselves and had sega do a few

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
i dunno about freshtv but game freak is by all accounts is still 3rd party as they have published a game by themselves and had sega do a few
But their biggest IP, Pokemon, is partially owned by Nintendo and they can't make Pokemon games for other consoles. So they're a second party in that respect.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Anyone else find the roster carefully selected? The more I look at the confirmed roster, the more I can visualize that a lot of thought actually went into it. Every confirmed character are iconic that neatly caters to casuals, or are from hugely popular IP's that perfectly leaves room for speculation so it really couldn't be helped. The current roster is pretty winking at what its trying to accomplish, it actually give me Smash execution vibes in terms of default.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
Avatar belongs to Nick and that is that. Acting like it'd be amazingly treated by another greedy corporation when the Power Puff Girls reboot exists and they shaft other shows to push TTG in all slots is very funny.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
the subreddit posted a supposedly older leak than the og that mostly claims stuff we already know but with the caviat that the devs are open for any guest character and that characters after base will come in the form of battle passes.

Smells fake to me

UserKev

Smash Champion
Avatar belongs to Nick and that is that. Acting like it'd be amazingly treated by another greedy corporation when the Power Puff Girls reboot exists and they shaft other shows to push TTG in all slots is very funny.
I specifically stated Warner Bros. Why are people coming out of nowhere misinterpreted as CN. Wtf o_o I mean, it'd be interesting to have Korra temporary crossover with Teen Titans/Young Justice as I can see Slade working with Amon/Noatak, both series visually similar.

the subreddit posted a supposedly older leak than the og that mostly claims stuff we already know but with the caviat that the devs are open for any guest character and that characters after base will come in the form of battle passes.

Smells fake to me
That sub is really active with fan rosters. The most wanted character threads are fun tho. The leaks are like 50/50. If its the newest, is confirming that Scorpion is in, which is totally believable. I really hope the battle passes expand as long as Ultimate's.

amageish

Smash Master

Smells fake to me
Has anyone been able to find the original post? If not, that is obviously a red flag...

Battle passes would be a not-amazing way to release characters. That'd mean a lot of them are time-locked and a lot of them require actively playing the game in order to unlock them, which would be pretty sucky for tournaments...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I specifically stated Warner Bros. Why are people coming out of nowhere misinterpreted as CN. Wtf o_o I mean, it'd be interesting to have Korra temporary crossover with Teen Titans/Young Justice as I can see Slade working with Amon/Noatak, both series visually similar.
Yeah, but, crossing over with MK would flow a bit more naturally than what you suggest (even if it would still involve dimensional shenanigans). It's like saying that The Legend of Korra and Voltron: Legendary Defender should cross over just because they were done by several of the same people.

Oh, forget it, I'm done trying to make sense of this.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion

This is the leak in question.

Classic 4chan style.
Like previously mentioned, I hope indefinite life-cycle is legit. I hope it benefits mostly Warner Bros tho since I need all of my most wanteds in. With Warner Bros already having a massive roster, I honestly wouldn't even be able to tell the difference between non-WB owned fighters other than anime reps.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

This is the leak in question.

Classic 4chan style.
/v/, not even once. This is gonna be a long cycle...

Like previously mentioned, I hope indefinite life-cycle is legit. I hope it benefits mostly Warner Bros tho since I need all of my most wanteds in. With Warner Bros already having a massive roster, I honestly wouldn't even be able to tell the difference between non-WB owned fighters other than anime reps.
I'm more of hoping the Turner side of things can get some fair attention, and not just for the Punch Time Explosion veterans.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
The more I think about it, the more I love the idea of the Wicked Witch of the West as the Wizard of Oz character.

The Wizard of Oz has 5 of the most iconic characters in modern western culture. Any of them could be a great MultiVersus character. But 4 of them are heroes. Putting in Dorothy would, I think, make the game feel like it's missing Scarecrow, Tin Man, and Cowardly Lion. Including the one iconic villain would feel more "complete" than 1 of 4 iconic heroes. Obviously the ideal solution would be to include all 5, but MultiVersus just has too much to draw from to justify giving 5 characters to anything other than DC comics and Looney Tunes IMO.

I also am really interested in the Wicked Witch on a mechanical level. For her team-focused move, I think it would be really cool if she could assign a flying monkey to her teammate. The monkey could both assist in recovery and have attacks to extend combos.

Last edited:

Simplythe1

Smash Apprentice
The more I think about it, the more I love the idea of the Wicked Witch of the West as the Wizard of Oz character.

The Wizard of Oz has 5 of the most iconic characters in modern western culture. Any of them could be a great MultiVersus character. But 4 of them are heroes. Putting in Dorothy would, I think, make the game feel like it's missing Scarecrow, Tin Man, and Cowardly Lion. Including the one iconic villain would feel more "complete" than 1 of 4 iconic heroes. Obviously the ideal solution would be to include all 5, but MultiVersus just has to much to draw from to justify giving 5 characters to anything other than DC comics and Looney Tunes IMO.

I also am really interested in the Wicked Witch on a mechanical level. For her team-focused move, I think it would be really cool if she could assign a flying monkey to her teammate. The monkey could both assist in recovery and have attacks to extend combos.
This is totally not happening, but I would be absolutely ECSTATIC if they somehow got the WOZ Beyond the Yellow Brick Road counterparts
B002HO3S5Q.01.lg.jpg

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
News update: Another dev response to fan about the gameplay. 🙂 Posted several hours ago.

View attachment 339114

Like I stated before, the game would be find if it runs like Brawl. I really don't get the appeal of "Fast" gameplay because you can't see anything.
Tell that to the Melee scene. With any luck, we might even get varied "final attacks" for this.

The Wizard of Oz has 5 of the most iconic characters in modern western culture. Any of them could be a great MultiVersus character. But 4 of them are heroes. Putting in Dorothy would, I think, make the game feel like it's missing Scarecrow, Tin Man, and Cowardly Lion. Including the one iconic villain would feel more "complete" than 1 of 4 iconic heroes. Obviously the ideal solution would be to include all 5, but MultiVersus just has to much to draw from to justify giving 5 characters to anything other than DC comics and Looney Tunes IMO.

Supports for some of her moves could be a fair compromise, I think.

That said, this seems set to be supported for an indefinite period, so I'm fine with the possibility of some series getting any focus over others. The Wizard of Oz could get lost in the shuffle, if anything.

This is totally not happening, but I would be absolutely ECSTATIC if they somehow got the WOZ Beyond the Yellow Brick Road counterparts View attachment 339132
Nice taste. 🎮

That said, The Wizard of Oz is so adaptable as a property that there's really hardly any wrong way to go with it. Well, aside from the old SNES game.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
I'm a bit worried how Multiversus soundtrack will be handled, how many will get in per stage. I'm interested in how Adventure Time, Game of Thrones and Steven's stage themes will be handled the most. If confirmed, I'm confident in Samurai Jack's music potential, Powerpuff Girls. Would love Courage The Cowardly Dog and Dexter music, but they probably won't get in. But I REALLY hope we get their themes that can represent them across random stages.

I'm a bit worried how Multiversus soundtrack will be handled, how many will get in per stage. I'm interested in how Adventure Time, Game of Thrones and Steven's stage themes will be handled the most. If confirmed, I'm confident in Samurai Jack's music potential, Powerpuff Girls. Would love Courage The Cowardly Dog and Dexter music, but they probably won't get in. But I REALLY hope we get their themes that can represent them across random stages.
Or Flintstones Music. Some Songs are bangers from Stone Age.
Multiversus could have same treatment for Music like in SSB.

amageish

Smash Master
We need more people talking about these 2 for MultiVersusView attachment 339292
I swear, every day I have another moment of "Oh, yeah, that also is technically possible for Multiversus."

Battle Chef Brigade is a fantastically unique experience and I voted for Mina in the Fraymakers backer ballot, so... Yeah, I'd be happy to see her here!

UserKev

Smash Champion
Even if this is fake, I actually really like this leak.
1638398983152.png

The finale base roster is really plausible. Harry Potter not on it can make or break and contradict the leaker's guessing. I recall reading the creator of Harry Potter may not want any representation to prevent breaking Harry Potter's immersion.

Top Bottom