• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I played through techno terror yesterday and I absolutely like how each of the battles in the rift has different elements included such as tnt explosives in Firewall Lebron's fight, the battles were you earn keys to unlock toastys cage, computers boss fight, and that one fight were you in dexters robot hanrs mimic you're attacks? Holy crap.

These fights from the rift mode reminds me of the spirit battles from smash bros were they play different setups for a fight but in here it takes those creative ideas and take it to the next level, now I'm actually jealous.

Also, hopefully when Dexter shows up for the roster the heroes will have a LONG explanation about breaking into his lab.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
"We are aware that Wonder Woman and Joker are stupid powerful but chose to address other characters instead"

Bruh they're some of the best characters in the game, they should be top priority for nerfs

LimeTH

Smash Lord
While we're at it can they please buff Jake? He went from one of the most fun characters in the beta to actually useless in the current game.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm glad they're doing things to buff Velma. Nerfing her as hard as they did was the definition of an overcorrection.
Stupid question— what is Velma’s game plan? I’ve ran into no Velmas online at all since launch and don’t really get how she’s supposed to be played.

Ivander

Smash Legend
The extra Battlepass XP is great, though I realized that I will forever never land exactly on a 0 for BPXP since I had 20/70 XP as my last 2 numbers, meaning I can never get something like 1000 XP left or 1500 XP left and whatnot.
---
That nitpick aside, the new Wonder Woman/Batman double pack for 450 Gleamium is great since I'm close to the next Gleamium pack on the Battlepass to get the double pack, meaning I get both Batman and Wonder Woman and keep my Fighter currency on hand, and looking at the Gleamium I'll have remaining, the events coming up, the Agent Smith event and the last 2 Gleamium packs on the Battlepass, I can get just enough for the next Battlepass still.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Stupid question— what is Velma’s game plan? I’ve ran into no Velmas online at all since launch and don’t really get how she’s supposed to be played.
Honestly the closest analogue I can give is UMvC3 Phoenix Wright. Like Wright, she collects evidence that spawns from her attacks, in this case to fill up a meter that lets her summon the Mystery Machine to basically do the Kapp'n Assist Trophy.

Beyond that she's mostly a zoner who relies on ranged word bubble pokes.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So just to mention, a recent look into the game's data for upcoming skins may have revealed who our Season 2 characters are. Those who don't want to be spoiled should be careful looking on Multiversus-based forums and Youtube.

darkvortex

Smash Champion
So just to mention, a recent look into the game's data for upcoming skins may have revealed who our Season 2 characters are. Those who don't want to be spoiled should be careful looking on Multiversus-based forums and Youtube.
You can just put it in spoiler tags

Ivander

Smash Legend
You can just put it in spoiler tags
Probably better to use inline spoilers since if the site loads slow, the spoiler box may be open before it closes after loading.
There are Matrix Code skins for Aquaman, Samurai Jack, the Powerpuff Girls and Nubia(for those who don't know, Nubia is an ally to Wonder Woman).

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Which prob means nothing given that their voicelines are all in the code. And that's 4 characters, at best i expect 2. Maybe if they do like a Jason + Joker deal (one if BP and the other is the new guy that costs 6k points) and the third one at a later date.

I still think Nubia is an alt

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
That makes sense honestly

We know Aquaman is probably gonna launch with the shark week colab so he may be after Smith, Jack and PPG are rumoured to be part of s2, Nubia is likely an easy clone to fill a spot

Faso115

Smash Lord
Shark Week is July, unless they have Aquaman already done and ready to ship and release him as a surprise addition before Season 1 ends, it's unlikely we'll get anything besides smith.

Now Season 2 can get 4 characters cause Season 1 technically got 4 new additions (BG, Jason, Joker and Smith) and coincidentally 4 characters were datamined for season 2. Maybe that's what they do.

The reason i don't believe we are getting 4 characters is that launch tends to be a different beast that post-launch, so that's why we should get more characters than usual. Banana Guard is still an enigma given how he struggles to fit any theory people try to come up with for how characters are chosen.

But who knows? Maybe Nubia is supposed to fill that BG slot of being the free character u get from a daily login questline.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Probably better to use inline spoilers since if the site loads slow, the spoiler box may be open before it closes after loading.
There are Matrix Code skins for Aquaman, Samurai Jack, the Powerpuff Girls and Nubia(for those who don't know, Nubia is an ally to Wonder Woman).
You got a source on this? I can't find anything on this anywhere.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Hoping the Season Pass character is Jack since that would mean getting a bunch of Stuff based around them on the battle pass, including an uncommon skin, a legendary skin and a legendary taunt, like how we got Matrix Code Jason, Uber Jason, a Moonwalking taunt for Jason and a bunch of Jason themed cosmetics alongside Jason.

PPG would also be good for me if they were the Season Pass character.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So, what do we think?
Is Nubia a costume, clone or original character? What differences could she have from Wonder Woman?

LimeTH

Smash Lord
If we're getting these four characters, I think Samurai Jack would be the Battle Pass character, Nubia would be available at launch, The Powerpuff Girls would be tied to rifts like Agent Smith, and Aquaman would just drop mid season.
God I hope the "rift boss" character is Aquaman I've been holding out too hard for PPG (and Jack) for them to be tied to something like that.

PPG as the BP character would be cool, since they could have Rowdyruff Boys as the final reward. You KNOW people would be going nuts for that,

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Crushing is a load of horse ****.

I am not joking when I say even with decently leveled gems, I take two-three hits and I'm at sixty, and Joker can kill you at 40. It is objectively too difficult and designed to get you to buy gem XP, which is extremely cringe.

Screw getting Smith for free. I'll use my oodles of fighter currency instead.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I didn't think Crushing was that difficult. Sure, it takes a lot to get the opponent to high percentages, but Shaggy and Banana Guard rack up damage quickly due to the enemy having less knockback allowing Shaggy and Banana Guard to combo in succession easier.

That said, if doing Crushing for the first time, don't do the challenges for the most part unless they are easy. Wait until you get some of the Gem XP from doing the missions since you tend to get a good amount of Gem XP from simply doing missions, making it easier to do challenges later.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Honest question. Is there a point to doing the challenges in the rifts? I try to do them when I can, but Smith is earned through bosses and I see no benefit to getting the cauldrons.

What are they for?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Honest question. Is there a point to doing the challenges in the rifts? I try to do them when I can, but Smith is earned through bosses and I see no benefit to getting the cauldrons.

What are they for?
The challenges are for the cauldrons. The cauldrons help level up the gems.

For Smith specifically 20 rift bosses are needed. As there will be 8 rifts with 4 difficulties each here is the easiest way to get Smith:
All rifts on Easy and Crushing
The first 3 rifts on Experienced
One rift on Insanity

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
The challenges are for the cauldrons. The cauldrons help level up the gems.

For Smith specifically 20 rift bosses are needed. As there will be 8 rifts with 4 difficulties each here is the easiest way to get Smith:
All rifts on Easy and Crushing
The first 3 rifts on Experienced
One rift on Insanity
Do you have to play different difficulties to get Smith?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I didn't think Crushing was that difficult. Sure, it takes a lot to get the opponent to high percentages, but Shaggy and Banana Guard rack up damage quickly due to the enemy having less knockback allowing Shaggy and Banana Guard to combo in succession easier.

That said, if doing Crushing for the first time, don't do the challenges for the most part unless they are easy. Wait until you get some of the Gem XP from doing the missions since you tend to get a good amount of Gem XP from simply doing missions, making it easier to do challenges later.
Have you played the second rift on Crushing? Either path starts with a disgustingly hard fight. Admittedly I'm playing solo but it's literal touch of death **** with either WW or Joker

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Do you have to play different difficulties to get Smith?
Yes.

Each rift boss counts as 1 point towards Smith. Each rift has 4 difficulties.

Therefore, playing a rift on 3 different difficulties counts as 3 points towards Smith.

Be warned, the Insanity difficulty may be tougher and more unfair than Crushing (I saw a video of someone taking 160 damage from a single attack. I am not joking).

So, what do we think?
Is Nubia a costume, clone or original character? What differences could she have from Wonder Woman?
Nubia is very likely to be a clone or semi-clone with some original moves, she's pretty similar to WW already in her home series. And she'd only be here to cut costs on develop time: Banana Guard style.

If she's a skin, why did she get a matrix variant and not Cake, Shagworthy, Fern and all the other definitive skins? With no mention in the files?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Have you played the second rift on Crushing? Either path starts with a disgustingly hard fight. Admittedly I'm playing solo but it's literal touch of death **** with either WW or Joker
Yes, I have all the currant Rift difficulties done, including Crushing on all 4, so I've gotten 11 things done on the Agent Smith event, since the Dexter Rift doesn't have Experienced currently. And I only bought the 75 XP for all Gems once to get an idea on how much it gave for my Gems. Like I said, Shaggy and Banana Guard were the best for me in doing Crushing due to them being able to hit the foes consistently and quickly.

Also helps that doing the Detective Rift first helps make doing the Dexter Rift on Crushing easier since they share the Digital Gems. Same with doing the Joker Rift first before the upcoming Beach Rift since both use Chaos Gems.

What are they for?
Rift Cauldrons basically give your Gems a heaping amount of XP that usually gets a number of your Gems to the level the next difficulty requires. By getting all of the Jason Rift cauldrons thanks to the character rotation giving out the Gremlin characters and the rift having no missions with two co-op challenges, I got a couple of my Horror Gems to level 7, which I think is the level Insanity wants your Gems to be at.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
While u can get cauldrons on any difficulty, i'll prob only bother with the ones Crushing or higher since they give more xp for gems

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Yes.

Each rift boss counts as 1 point towards Smith. Each rift has 4 difficulties.

Therefore, playing a rift on 3 different difficulties counts as 3 points towards Smith.

Be warned, the Insanity difficulty may be tougher and more unfair than Crushing (I saw a video of someone taking 160 damage from a single attack. I am not joking).
Shocked_Pikachu.png

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
The main thing you can do to survive Rifts you’re underleveled for is focus on trying to combo the bots into the upper blast zone. The bots are terrible at getting out of up air spam that humans would escape easily. Cancel an upward dodge into an up air or up special to chase them further.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Anyone looking for a buddy to complete rifts? Hit me up, i'm trying to get all cauldrons on crushing difficulty

Top Bottom