• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MultiVersus General Discussion

LimeTH

Smash Lord
A new TikTok was posted promoting the Hockey game tomorrow.

Shaggy and Velma are riding the Mystery Machine into the rink… with Scooby Doo between them
Well, that’s a crazy way to reveal a new character.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
A new TikTok was posted promoting the Hockey game tomorrow.

Shaggy and Velma are riding the Mystery Machine into the rink… with Scooby Doo between them
Sorry to double post but was it removed? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Sorry to double post but was it removed? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
I can't find it either. It very well may have been removed. Thankfully someone got this screenshot, saying you can see him pretty clearly between Shaggy and Velma.
5odioxmtjauc1.png

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I don't know, maybe it's the camera angle but this model look very low quality. I'm sure Scoody will come eventually, but this doesn't scream "he's ready for relaunch" to me.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
List of some of my most wanted characters.

Courage
Eustace Bagge
Godzilla (Legendary)
King Shark
Kong (Legendary)
Mordecai & Rigby
Scorpion (I'd say Reptile but if any MK character is getting in its Scorpion)

Last edited:
Considering how we're gradually getting closer to the game's relaunch, I thought I'd look into the original roster. What I found gave me a good thought piece or two.
  • MultiVersus OCs: 1
  • Looney Tunes: 4 (3 if you don't count LeBron)
  • Superman: 1
  • Batman: 2
  • Wonder Woman: 1
  • Scooby-Doo: 2
  • Game of Thrones: 1
  • Steven Universe: 2
  • Adventure Time: 2
  • Tom and Jerry: 1
  • The Iron Giant: 1
  • Rick and Morty: 2
  • Gremlins: 2
  • Shazam: 1
Besides the fact that Looney Tunes has more representation than I thought if you separate the DC characters, I noticed that seven properties have only one fighter to their name. In a game that prefers a 2-v-2 mechanic.

With that said, here's my thought piece: If you could add a fighter from the likes of Superman, Wonder Woman, Game of Thrones, Tom and Jerry, The Iron Giant, Shazam, or even another MultiVersus OC, who would you add to the table?

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Considering how we're gradually getting closer to the game's relaunch, I thought I'd look into the original roster. What I found gave me a good thought piece or two.
Besides the fact that Looney Tunes has more representation than I thought if you separate the DC characters, I noticed that seven properties have only one fighter to their name. In a game that prefers a 2-v-2 mechanic.

With that said, here's my thought piece: If you could add a fighter from the likes of Superman, Wonder Woman, Game of Thrones, Tom and Jerry, The Iron Giant, Shazam, or even another MultiVersus OC, who would you add to the table?
For SuperMan Lex Luthor seems like the obvious choice, although I wouldn't mind Doomsday. For WW I'd go with Ares. For Shazam the obvious answer is... Shazam itself, but I'm not sure if he's really worth the work, I guess at this point he could just be a clone so they could prioritise other characters. For Game of thrones I would say Daenerys, but I'm not a huge fan of the franchise. For Tom and Jerry, I guess you could have Spike the bulldog, but I don't know that would be pretty pointless imo. For Iron giant genuinely the only thing that comes to mind is the very generic army guy antagonist, but again that would be super lame and pointless. Those two last franchise are good with just one character. I think it would make much more sense to give those franchise a stage, but Tom and Jerry don't have really a iconic location, Iron giant could have the Junkyard.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

if you're gonna count the looney tunes as 1 series you really should do the same with dc

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Doesn't DC have multiple series, though? If it was just one series, they're already reaching Fire Emblem levels of population by now. Preventing that is why I split them up
And why exactly are we preventing DC to have as many characters are Fire emblem? The comparaison doesn't even makes sense since, shocking news, DC is much, much, much bigger than Fire emblem. DC is like the Mario or Pokémon of WB, of course it's going to have more character.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Watching the NHL game and the gameplay footage pre puck drop showed a new gameplay mechanic: Parries

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
This has to be the worst marketing I've ever seen. Someone who knows nothing from the game will just think that Multiversus is a cheap mobile ai generated hockey video game. Why not show the actual gameplay instead of the Hockey stuff? I don't get what they where thinking.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
For those that want to see the Parry in action:

Edit: Also from the gameplay when they were explaining what Multiversus is before the actual game, Velma’s clues now appear to be Magnifying Glasses. Previously, her clues were paper.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This has to be the worst marketing I've ever seen. Someone who knows nothing from the game will just think that Multiversus is a cheap mobile ai generated hockey video game. Why not show the actual gameplay instead of the Hockey stuff? I don't get what they where thinking.
The absolutely abysmal approach to their marketing really needs to be studied. I've never seen a game be this consistently bad at communicating with its audience when it's crucial to do so.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

By next one they mean a new cinematic trailer like the one we got before the Closed Alpha.

LimeTH

Smash Lord

By next one they mean a new cinematic trailer like the one we got before the Closed Alpha.
The game is releasing in 1 month and the only news we have is: There will be a trailer.
It almost feels like they're stretching for something to talk about at this point. I'm starting to think there isn't going to be much new in the relaunch.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's amazing to think that we're forty days away from launch and so far the marketing team has done the following:

• Revealed that dash attacks are a thing, while not even naming them and only showing them off for a handful of characters
  • Reveal two new stages...through concept art
  • Show off the new net code...through deliberately slowed down gameplay that doesn't reflect the final product
  • Show the actual gameplay speed and new systems like parrying and armor breaking for more characters...in brief gameplay snippets attached to confused hockey ads.
  • Reveal that a new trailer is coming...in a random Twitter reply to a fan.

Truly inspiring that in a world where minimum wage workers are fired for not smiling enough at abusive customers, this marketing team is still allowed to exist. :')

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm confused about this game's marketing. I'm starting to get concerned that the relaunch won't have much when it comes to new content.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
They're cooking so much they're actually a restaurant that gets absolutely ravaged by Gordon Ramsay on Kitchen Nightmares

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I do admit their strategy seems a bit slow, but I think a similar thing happened with Mortal Kombat 1 last year? Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

While I’m here, a new Superman skin was revealed along with a look at the City of Townsville in game (this is not the aforementioned trailer):

Edit: A better look at the new skin taken from AJAX’s Twitter:

IMG_7337.jpeg

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I do admit their strategy seems a bit slow, but I think a similar thing happened with Mortal Kombat 1 last year? Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

While I’m here, a new Superman skin was revealed along with a look at the City of Townsville in game (this is not the aforementioned trailer):

Edit: A better look at the new skin taken from AJAX’s Twitter:

MK1 was... weird.

We'd get new trailers on a consistent basis after the initial gameplay reveal, all the way up to release. But the Kombat Kasts, which were also fairly consistent prior to MK1, were far and few between, and we didn't even get breakdowns for each character before the game's release. Reiko, the final character, and Shang Tsung, THE PRE-ORDER BONUS, weren't even properly revealed until the day before launch. IIRC, I don't even think Invasions got a big official showcase either outside of press events.

So, while not as absolutely baffling as Multiversus' current marketing, and boy is it ****ing baffling, it at least demonstrates that this might just be a trend within WB. Let's just hope that Multiversus launches in a more complete state...

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
On Playstation and Xbox, the news feed for the game just started broadcasting about new characters.

I assume it’s a test for upcoming new characters, because Bugs Bunny is in no way a new character.

Edit: And Steam.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Literally who? This game is doomed if it keeps up with the obscure irrelevant nothing characters.

/s
Best not to worry too much, i know this is weird and messy looking but can't call it doomsday until we get to release day yet.

What i want to say is hopefully they'll show up some more new stuff before the game relaunches so hopefully it won't be bothersome(atleast in here).

Last edited:
Top Bottom