• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Multi Man Smash is now called Mob Smash and includes fewer options than Wii U

Akatsuk1

Smash Rookie
They probably took it out because people didn't play it much, not gonna lie i personally forgot rival Smash was a thing (and i got at least 80 KO's with every fighter)

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Yeah I wasn't a huge fan of Rival Smash, but it wouldn't have hurt to have it (and couldn't have taken much development time).

I will be playing this game in one hour and forty-two minutes, however, and nothing you say will dampen my excitement.

Last edited:

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
Yeah I wasn't a huge fan of Rival Smash, but it wouldn't have hurt to have it (and couldn't have taken much development time).

I will be playing this game in one hour and forty-two minutes, however, and nothing you say will dampen my excitement.
Hype

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
Well, 10 Man Smash and 3 minute Smash are irrelevant when you have infinite Smash and can see the time and kill count, these were just the inifinite smash with an interruption for no good reason at all, working more as filler options. So, removing these options I think that it's a good design choice. Rival Smash is the only thing that seems really out, but... I don't care about it, I actually never played it on the WiiU, but I feel bad for the ones that will miss it. Anyway, updates can happen.

Last edited:

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
Well, 10 Man Smash and 3 minute Smash are irrelevant when you have infinite Smash and can see the time and kill count, these were just the inifinite smash with an interruption for no good reason at all.
They were designed to be shorter right?

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
They were designed to be shorter right?
yeah, but what's the point of having a gamemode that lasts 10 seconds like 10-man-smash? And if you want to know how much you killed in 3 minutes, just look to the clock and your kill counter at the 3rd minute. Seriously, i think people thinks that will miss it just because it was there at the first place, but there was no reason for this option be there anyway. The game apparently saves and show your scores on the menu. Why limit the player when the moment you started to play that one match could be the one that would lead you to your higher score ever? Now you dont have this risk, just stay alive as long as you can and store your results.

Last edited:

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
yeah, but what's the point of having a gamemode that lasts 10 seconds like 10-man-smash? And if you want to know how much you killed in 3 minutes, just look to the clock and your kill counter at the 3rd minute. Seriously, i think people thinks that will miss it just because it was there at the first place, but there was no reason for this option be there anyway. The game apparently saves and show your scores on the menu. Why limit the player when the moment you started to play that one match could be the one that would lead you to your higher score ever? Now you dont have this risk, just stay alive as long as you can and store your results.
Well they're more suitable for "beat without taking damage" and "beat under this amount of time" challenges

FNUStory

Smash Cadet
There’s no need for Multi-Man Smash or really any single player mode. Classic Mode and World of Light are great. I never played it in Melee, I never played it in Sm4sh, and when I tried it for the first time in Brawl, it sucked. I am also not saying that because of the fact that the game I first tried it on was the slowest of the franchise. I actually enjoyed Brawl before Project M became a thing.

Last edited:

Christian_CAO

Smash Apprentice
Multi-Man Smash is GONE!?

Oh noooooooooo~
what ever shall we do~? :rolleyes:

sauce aside, you could always...play something else if you're that bored to actually want to play multiman Smash
That's like someone being upset that smash tour is gone, it doesn't matter. But if it matters to you, more power to ya, sorry for your loss.

You have my condolences.

FNUStory

Smash Cadet
Multi-Man Smash is GONE!?

Oh noooooooooo~
what ever shall we do~? :rolleyes:

sauce aside, you could always...play something else if you're that bored to actually want to play multiman Smash
That's like someone being upset that smash tour is gone, it doesn't matter. But if it matters to you, more power to ya, sorry for your loss.

You have my condolences.
It’s not gone, it’s just not as glorified as previous games.

Kairyu24

Smash Cadet
I noticed 100 man/century is kind of different. The Mii's don't always automatically approach you that often. Haven't tried all-star yet(I want to unlock everybody..)

It seems to be they want you to avoid camping in a corner and mostly using the same tilts. A tip pretty much suggested mixing it up grants more items to you.

Top Bottom