• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[MU] Diddy kong

Virous

Smash Rookie
Anybody got any advice in this matchup? Because i plan on going to a tournament next weekend and i know i'm gonna face a Diddy kong. I'm probably gonna try to find a counterpick. But is there any hope for Link against Diddy?

Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I'm a pretty damn good Link. ... Speaking of bananas, cause of this new Meta Knight, i don't feel like i ever want to eat a banana again in my life lol.
Part of your problem lies here: you feel (a) that you are already a "damn good" Link, and (b) that Diddy Kong is simply broken, on the level of Meta Knight. The latter is demonstrably untrue; the former probably so.

If you want a counterpick character, threads like this will help you, but a week and half of training won't prepare a new character for a good Diddy Kong.

As you noted his aerials will beat Link's; in fact, his close quarter moves in general will beat Link's. Do not try to beat him at an aerial game when you are falling; his Uair will eat your Dair and Nair. Focus on getting back to the ground safely and resetting your spacing. Your one advantage, indeed, is your sword: that is, your spacing. You have more range, and projectiles that force him to approach. It is not easy: he will combo you out of a banana; he will combo you out of a grab; he will combo you out of a tilt. Be careful. Use your fastest moves -- that is, jab1 and Utilt -- to your advantage if you feel your moves lag too much. Don't whiff any smashes or grabs: he will grab you and soon give you another 30% at least. Patience, spacing and levelheadedness are all. If there's any time to go for something more daring, it's when he is recovering. Link can gimp very well in this game, and Diddy Kong is no exception.

It won't be easy; but he ain't no Metaknight. Upload a video (recorded by pointing a webcam at your TV for all we care) for possibly more detailed tips.

A match up thread is useful. ******** and moaning and an obtuse title are not.
Edit this nonsense to be something that we won't be ashamed of, should another board see the title. Impossible? Pfeh.
I know you fellow Link mains must have a tough time with Diddy as well
What if I told you I have never lost to a Diddy Kong?
I know you fellow Link mains must have a tough time with Diddy as well! I'm a pretty damn good Link.
A damn good Link wouldn't be here talking about how something is impossible. They would be working on achieving that 'impossible' thing, and succeeding.

So no. I doubt this is true. I'd go so far as to say I'd put money on you being a bad Link. But that's fine. We can fix that here. It's what we do.

But first you need to change that ****ing title. I don't care if the new Thread Title is "Diddy Kong: Driving you Bananas!", so long as it isn't this quitter bull**** I'm seeing right now.

Remove the whine and I'll come back with what I know about this match up. I might even bring my friends.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Heh I didn't even see the title. If it's impossible, you might as well give up, eh?

Heh I didn't even see the title. If it's impossible, you might as well give up, eh?
Indeed. I take issue with this. The other boards are going to think we're lazy assholes who'd rather cry OP than learn to beat a hard match up if this doesn't get changed. As such I am withholding any useful information until that title more properly reflects the board it was posted on.

We have never been this way. We've been grouchy and spiteful about imbalances, sure, but never whiny.

TheLilK98

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheLilK98
I've actually found Nair pretty useful against most Diddys. You say he jumps over projectiles, have you tried any SH>boomerangs? If you catch him a few times by mixing up your angles he'll be more hesitant to jump. Also, if he gets close enough with the banana you can Nair or Fair through it when he throws it.

Virous

Smash Rookie
A match up thread is useful. *****ing and moaning and an obtuse title are not.
Edit this nonsense to be something that we won't be ashamed of, should another board see the title. Impossible? Pfeh.

What if I told you I have never lost to a Diddy Kong?

A damn good Link wouldn't be here talking about how something is impossible. They would be working on achieving that 'impossible' thing, and succeeding.

So no. I doubt this is true. I'd go so far as to say I'd put money on you being a bad Link. But that's fine. We can fix that here. It's what we do.

But first you need to change that ****ing title. I don't care if the new Thread Title is "Diddy Kong: Driving you Bananas!", so long as it isn't this quitter bull**** I'm seeing right now.

Remove the whine and I'll come back with what I know about this match up. I might even bring my friends.
Hey man, One question. How old are you? Lol. I can't help but wonder if you actually go about talking to people like that in real life. Or if you're someone who's spent a bit too much time speaking to people via internet.
One word. Rude! Seriously, someone's on their period or something.

Part of your problem lies here: you feel (a) that you are already a "damn good" Link, and (b) that Diddy Kong is simply broken, on the level of Meta Knight. The latter is demonstrably untrue; the former probably so.

If you want a counterpick character, threads like this will help you, but a week and half of training won't prepare a new character for a good Diddy Kong.

As you noted his aerials will beat Link's; in fact, his close quarter moves in general will beat Link's. Do not try to beat him at an aerial game when you are falling; his Uair will eat your Dair and Nair. Focus on getting back to the ground safely and resetting your spacing. Your one advantage, indeed, is your sword: that is, your spacing. You have more range, and projectiles that force him to approach. It is not easy: he will combo you out of a banana; he will combo you out of a grab; he will combo you out of a tilt. Be careful. Use your fastest moves -- that is, jab1 and Utilt -- to your advantage if you feel your moves lag too much. Don't whiff any smashes or grabs: he will grab you and soon give you another 30% at least. Patience, spacing and levelheadedness are all. If there's any time to go for something more daring, it's when he is recovering. Link can gimp very well in this game, and Diddy Kong is no exception.

It won't be easy; but he ain't no Metaknight. Upload a video (recorded by pointing a webcam at your TV for all we care) for possibly more detailed tips.
Thanks for the tips. I will definitely keep all that in mind. I still remember how much it surprised me that his Uair beat my sword's Dair.
Also I guess a joke is kind of hard to interperet through text haha. I just exaggerate everything i say. "Damn good" is just an exaggeration. i think i'm decent. And i don't ACTUALLY think Diddy is seriously broken. He could be nerfed a bit, but nah.

Last edited:
Hey man, One question. How old are you? Lol. I can't help but wonder if you actually go about talking to people like that in real life. Or if you're someone who's spent a bit too much time speaking to people via internet.
One word. Rude! Seriously, someone's on their period or something.
That, my ungrateful little friend, was me being helpful.

You do not want to see me get 'rude'. What's rude is disrespecting our board. I'm old enough to understand the following: When you post a thread here you're automatically seen as representative of the culture and players here, your title is seen by everyone who comes here. Perhaps you are not. You will change the title, or it will be changed for you.

And no, I only speak to people I'm being friendly to like this in real life. The ones I dislike don't get such gentle treatment.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Thanks for the tips. I will definitely keep all that in mind. I still remember how much it surprised me that his Uair beat my sword's Dair.
Dair's priority appears to me not to be that great: if you ever have to make the gamble, better choose not to do it. Many powerful Uairs (including Link's own) will beat it and kill quite fast.

And if you could change the thread title, hyperbole or not, you would make Uncle Shin even jollier!

DeTa

Smash Apprentice
If you've truly played this guy for 30 minutes straight and lost every game, it's most likely the simple fact that your opponent is better than you regardless of character. You enter FG without ever knowing the skill level of your opponent, but you can get a feel of how they play after a couple games. The thing you're probably not doing is adapting to their playstyle and making appropriate changes to your own. So my advice would be to stop being so stiff with your usual habits and try and make changes. Sure you can be an awesome Link player, but you won't be the best if you let your opponent figure you out before you can figure them out, you n00b.

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
@ V Virous I changed the title. It wasn't difficult. I had a choice between locking this thread or trying to salvage it. Don't disappoint me.
I'll leave it up to you to change the OP if you judge that you'll get more help by making everyone happy. Hint: you will.
Have a look at my survival tips for more information. I'd recommend tips 3, 5, 6, 7, and 8.

Last edited:
Thank you, @Clocks Are Frequently Corrected.

Now then. As was mentioned before, Dair's priority is bad. This isn't specific to Link, though. You will find as you play that Uair > Dair is basically hardcoded into the game, and prevalent with almost all aerials to encourage juggling. Same with Utilts and Usmashes.

Dair sometimes pretends to have good priority due to its disjoint, don't let a lucky and well spaced Dair fool you. Diddy functions quite similarly to Sonic in the neutral game, that is, he's fast and hard to punish and wants to grab you. So you're going to space him on the ground. Also like Sonic, use that Nair. It is a surprisingly versatile and life saving move, and can keep you from being comboed or killed if used at the right time.

And never stay still for long against Diddy, ever, trust me when I say that he will have a much harder time working on you if you make it hard for him to know exactly where you'll be two seconds into the future. Do not stop moving and throwing crap. Move, throw crap, move and throw crap, throw crap, move.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Diddy Kong is a pain in the ass, but keeping yourself mobile will make it difficult for him to setup his wombo combo. D-Air in general is risky business, and shouldn't be attempted multiple times on anyone, let alone Diddy with his good U-Air priority (it also hurts on top of it). If you were struggling with him being airborne, it probably means you were trying to throw projectiles while standing still too long, which is bad news against a lot of characters anyway, but worse against those that are agile, so try SH into projectiles instead.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Diddy Kong is a pain in the ***, but keeping yourself mobile will make it difficult for him to setup his wombo combo. D-Air in general is risky business, and shouldn't be attempted multiple times on anyone, let alone Diddy with his good U-Air priority (it also hurts on top of it). If you were struggling with him being airborne, it probably means you were trying to throw projectiles while standing still too long, which is bad news against a lot of characters anyway, but worse against those that are agile, so try SH into projectiles instead.
Why are you summarizing what has already been said? Come up with your own advice lol.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
You can't tell me that isn't the same exact **** others have been saying. At least give credit to those that said it first.
You didn't read my post, did you? I stated that I did not read all of the info here (yes, shoot me, I'm in the Link forum and didn't read something). How could I give credit to something I did not read? Keeping mobile is important for Link, and everyone should know that spamming D-Air excessively is dangerous.

However, after looking more thoroughly through the posts, you're right, the majority of my post was information conveyed from others, by ShinTwist and Volcanic mostly (whoops). However, I stand by my notion that you should lose the attitude. We are here trying to help someone based on our own experiences when fighting online or elsewhere, there's no need for your attitude demeaning others.

Anyway, I'm done discussing this with you, as I don't feel like hijacking the point of this thread and getting it locked.

Last edited:

FEaR.7

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FEaR.7
I actually enjoy facing Diddys. Its a difficult match-up but not impossible. I win almost to all Diddys in FG but thats not a parameter to go by really. Theres a couple of Diddys in my crew and I maintain a pretty decent 1.5 win/loss ratio on avg.

What you should know is that most Diddys want to get in your face and get you grabbed so use that. Bait them and do things like pivot grabs, pivot tilts, or start your jab in anticipation, retreating bair, etc (there are options).

The keep mobile advice is on point, combined with the premise that Diddy wants to approach you, you'll get the chance to get your attacks in if you anticipate. When he is close try to keep him at the tip of your sword's reach. When you get him off your face try to force frame traps with your projectiles, to create openings to do more damage via the Master Sword (sometimes you can get a dash attack in this way).

Here's some replays of me vrs Diddy from a month or so ago. They are friendlies but maybe you can get an idea of what i try to do against him.

http://youtu.be/MeGfdDSXjTs

http://youtu.be/4fL-83rMIAk

http://youtu.be/nhTRuY4TBck

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
You didn't read my post, did you? I stated that I did not read all of the info here (yes, shoot me, I'm in the Link forum and didn't read something). How could I give credit to something I did not read? Keeping mobile is important for Link, and everyone should know that spamming D-Air excessively is dangerous.

However, after looking more thoroughly through the posts, you're right, the majority of my post was information conveyed from others, by ShinTwist and Volcanic mostly (whoops). However, I stand by my notion that you should lose the attitude. We are here trying to help someone based on our own experiences when fighting online or elsewhere, there's no need for your attitude demeaning others.

Anyway, I'm done discussing this with you, as I don't feel like hijacking the point of this thread and getting it locked.
Read before posting. If you really don't have time to read then save posting for later. I apologize in advance for causing your butthurtedness, but at least skim over the other posts next time. No one wants to be spammed by a ton of people saying the same thing, and the last thing we need here on Smashboards is spam. I do see now how my first reply to you would come across as harsh, but let's be honest, you still had it coming from me.

Now, let me chime in on the thread. Link's Zair will definitely be one of his safest and best zoning, defense and approach tools here. I can definitely see it stuffing a lot of Diddy's grounded approaches (such as dash grabs and bananas), if not all of them, and you can also get a wide variety of conversions off a successful hit, which forces almost anyone to respect it and back off if enough of their attempts to rush you down get stuffed with a clawshot to the face.

Here's a little trick that isn't exclusive to Diddy: When this happens, they should be conditioned enough to expect a Zair out of short hops and empty hops when you're at midrange. Depending on their skill level, they should start to shield a lot, expecting that move even when you didn't plan on doing so. Take advantage of this by grabbing them. I highly suggest short hopping and empty hopping with it most of the time so that faster characters such as Diddy can't punish you in the air if you miss (in other words, don't be mindless with it), and so that if you bait a risky move other than shield, you're able to punish them with more than just Zair or grab.

I'm not sure if it's been said already, but use Link's more laggy moves (such as fsmash, spin attack and dash attack) very sparingly. Usually, the only times you should be using them is when you're attempting a hard read or are absolutely sure that it will land/know your opponent won't expect it. If it doesn't hit, the Diddy can and will punish you 90% of the time for free damage, unless of course that said Diddy player is a scrub (lol m2k). This even includes non-kill moves such as bomb pulls, rang, and arrows if Diddy is nearby; Same can be said for any other fast character MU's in general. And lastly, as others have said, stay mobile the entire time if you don't want to get steamrolled. Good use of these suggestions accompanied by a good punish, zoning and projectile game will really help you out against characters like Diddy and/or improve your playstyle in general.

Edit: Sorry about all the edits. :troll:

Last edited:

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
If it doesn't hit, the Diddy can and will punish you 90% of the time for free damage, unless of course that said Diddy player is a scrub (lol m2k).
So am I to understand that, from reading this, you are calling M2K a scrub or…?

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
So am I to understand that, from reading this, you are calling M2K a scrub or…?
It's just a joke lol. I'm just gunna be humble and say that his Diddy can probably beat my Link any day, but it's a popular belief that he sucks with Diddy.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
It's just a joke lol. I'm just gunna be humble and say that his Diddy can probably beat my Link any day, but it's a popular belief that he sucks with Diddy.
Bigfoot is also a popular belief. Just saying.

Anyways, stop derailing the thread. This is the second time the thread has threatened to be derailed because of something you said. You know how the saying goes, third time's the charm.

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Must not be a very popular belief as he places in the top ranks at every tournament he's used him at.

And to reply to the initial matchup question: Diddy Kong is one of the smallest characters in the game, coupled with a lot of speed and a very good projectile (banana). It is not hard for Diddy to hold a banana in his hand, shield zair, and throw a banana OoS. Whether or not he hits the banana is not the point, this creates an opportunity for Diddy Kong to apply pressure. He can easily abuse Links heavy weight to chain numerous Uairs after dthrow AND be able to then land and look for a reaction as Link is coming back down.

Zair is one of Link's best spacing tools, but in order to use it effectively, it must be used lower to the ground in order to give Diddy Kong less of a chance to punish should he shield it. The best thing to do is to get familiar with some of Link's more advanced techniques, specifically bomb planting, in order to make Diddy Kong think as he approaches. It also helps to be next to a bomb should he hit with a banana as I have been saved from grab attempts simply because the bomb flashed red, making the Diddy player react differently rather than the usual dash > grab attempt.

Arrows should be done from a space that is generally farther than zair reaches so as not to put yourself in a bad situation. Bombs are your most important tool and you must learn when or when not to pull them out. An example of when NOT to pull a bomb out is close quarters (obviously) and/or just after the initial dthrow > uair juggle. And I recommend throwing Gale boomerang at midrange or farther EVEN IF IT IS SHORTHOPPED, unless you are coupling it with bomb throws to put on shield pressure. It is not hard for a good Diddy to dash and shield arrows or boomerangs.

The good news is that Link has a good time racking up damage so long as you stay mobile and use your jabs for safe/quick damage confirms. Add that with Diddy Kong's light weight and you can use your bombs and other projectiles to compliment a setup into a kill.

Do not put yourself into a situation where you are constantly fishing for the kill; throwing out dash attack, dair or any smashes as they are so easy to punish. Space your moves, use your projectiles according to your range and setup the kill without the temptation of being impatient.

Last edited:

LightLelouch89

Smash Cadet
I find that patience goes a long way against Diddy users (and fast characters in general). Especially on FG where most people are content with mindlessly spamming the same combo over and over again.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Bigfoot is also a popular belief. Just saying.

Anyways, stop derailing the thread. This is the second time the thread has threatened to be derailed because of something you said. You know how the saying goes, third time's the charm.
Is it really threatening that I just have a way with words? :troll: But seriously, I apologize for any sort of inconvenience I may have caused. As an attempt to appease you, based moderator Elessar, here's a little something I brainstormed for you guys.

Here's a neat little tidbit to keep this post thread-related; Do not get impatient with Diddy. He literally thrives off of you getting thirsty, espesially when you're a stock behind and you really, really want to land that kill move. And with Link no less. Believe me, I actually have this bad habbit and it's very frustrating when I get two stocked by a good Diddy just because of this. OP guy isn't alone with his frustration.

This may have been said before, but it is vital for you to be patient in this MU and be familiar with all of Diddy's options. You may think it's boring, but it seriously helps a lot to watch some of those pro Diddys play on youtube. Since he for the most part has a cloned playstyle across almost everyone that plays him seriously, it's relatively easy to figure out Diddy's ins and outs after a while, so it's well worth the watch. Fear's vids are definitely a good start if you haven't watched them already.

Must not be a very popular belief as he places in the top ranks at every tournament he's used him at.

And to reply to the initial matchup question: Diddy Kong is one of the smallest characters in the game, coupled with a lot of speed and a very good projectile (banana). It is not hard for Diddy to hold a banana in his hand, shield zair, and throw a banana OoS. Whether or not he hits the banana is not the point, this creates an opportunity for Diddy Kong to apply pressure. He can easily abuse Links heavy weight to chain numerous Uairs after dthrow AND be able to then land and look for a reaction as Link is coming back down.

Zair is one of Link's best spacing tools, but in order to use it effectively, it must be used lower to the ground in order to give Diddy Kong less of a chance to punish should he shield it. The best thing to do is to get familiar with some of Link's more advanced techniques, specifically bomb planting, in order to make Diddy Kong think as he approaches. It also helps to be next to a bomb should he hit with a banana as I have been saved from grab attempts simply because the bomb flashed red, making the Diddy player react differently rather than the usual dash > grab attempt.

Arrows should be done from a space that is generally farther than zair reaches so as not to put yourself in a bad situation. Bombs are your most important tool and you must learn when or when not to pull them out. An example of when NOT to pull a bomb out is close quarters (obviously) and/or just after the initial dthrow > uair juggle. And I recommend throwing Gale boomerang at midrange or farther EVEN IF IT IS SHORTHOPPED, unless you are coupling it with bomb throws to put on shield pressure. It is not hard for a good Diddy to dash and shield arrows or boomerangs.

The good news is that Link has a good time racking up damage so long as you stay mobile and use your jabs for safe/quick damage confirms. Add that with Diddy Kong's light weight and you can use your bombs and other projectiles to compliment a setup into a kill.

Do not put yourself into a situation where you are constantly fishing for the kill; throwing out dash attack, dair or any smashes as they are so easy to punish. Space your moves, use your projectiles according to your range and setup the kill without the temptation of being impatient.
And that basically sums up the Diddy MU. Although yes, you're right about Diddy's size, hitting him with Zair is a pretty simple task imo. He's not as hard to hit as say, Kirby or Jiggs. His naners are relatively easy to deal with once you've had enough experience with them, but that's not a very fair thing to say since there's a lot of people who don't. Saying that Diddy can just throw a banana after getting his shield hit with a Zai doesn't make sense though. Zair is practically lagless for one. You can't actually punish it at all in that instance so that part didn't really do much. Even if that counts as pressure, there's really nothing the Diddy can gain off of that unless, again, you don't have the experience to deal with pressure.

Last edited:

FSK

Smash Ace
Not sure if its been said before but,

Diddy Kong is one of the smallest characters in the game, coupled with a lot of speed and a very good projectile (banana). It is not hard for Diddy to hold a banana in his hand, shield zair, and throw a banana OoS. Whether or not he hits the banana is not the point, this creates an opportunity for Diddy Kong to apply pressure. He can easily abuse Links heavy weight to chain numerous Uairs after dthrow AND be able to then land and look for a reaction as Link is coming back down.

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
And that basically sums up the Diddy MU. Although yes, you're right about Diddy's size, hitting him with Zair is a pretty simple task imo. He's not as hard to hit as say, Kirby or Jiggs. His naners are relatively easy to deal with once you've had enough experience with them, but that's not a very fair thing to say since there's a lot of people who don't. Saying that Diddy can just throw a banana after getting his shield hit with a Zai doesn't make sense though. Zair is practically lagless for one. You can't actually punish it at all in that instance so that part didn't really do much. Even if that counts as pressure, there's really nothing the Diddy can gain off of that unless, again, you don't have the experience to deal with pressure.
See that's the thing, zair isn't completely lagless, he can't get away with just mindlessly throwing zair out whenever he feels like it. Diddy is small enough and fast enough to dash > shield zair, and instantly drop shield and throw a banana in a very small amount of frame startup. Link then has to commit to a defensive option (shielding) in order to not get hit and this is where Diddy ends up in favor. All he has to do is make sure that the banana forces you to block, thus starting pressure with jab, dtilt, fair, or even a grab. Diddy thrives off of pressuring, so he gains a lot from it and that's why Diddy wins the matchup.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
It's definitely not as bad as Sheik, but it's still in his favor.

Does fast fall air dodging help against his dthrow to upair combo? Link's fast fall is one of the fastest, so hopefully this means something.

Last edited:

WhiteMageBD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wmiller2533
Anybody got any advice in this matchup? Because i plan on going to a tournament next weekend and i know i'm gonna face a Diddy kong. I'm probably gonna try to find a counterpick. But is there any hope for Link against Diddy?
Use links new jab cancel move on diddy. if he is at 45% or higher, and you master the technique. it will totally give you a stock because he cant escape, it will rack up damage, whcih will link to dsmash for the kill. Its like as cheap as a chain grab.

Use links new jab cancel move on diddy. if he is at 45% or higher, and you master the technique. it will totally give you a stock because he cant escape, it will rack up damage, whcih will link to dsmash for the kill. Its like as cheap as a chain grab.
I'd rather not rely on something that's going to be patched out and is clearly unintended to win my games for me. Otherwise I would've switched to ****o or GG3 in Brawl.

That's not really even match up advice, it's just a reminder that the jab lock exists. If that's what brought you here, go back to your own boards and don't bother learning Link.

WhiteMageBD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wmiller2533
point of advice, sakurai is not making anymore balancing patches, so this new tech is staying, you might as well take as much advantage as you get. if your going to play the honor game, your not going to do well in tournament or even against good players. The diddy players don't care how unbalance their grab game is, they will do it to win, you might as well do the same. As cheap as the jab cancel is, its still a good technique, think of it as a chain grab.

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I think the mod with the Neon Genesis Evangelion avatar faced diddy players and won.

Edit: nevermind, I was skimming through the page

Last edited:

Lawz.

NNID
Lawz_Fearless
point of advice, sakurai is not making anymore balancing patches, so this new tech is staying, you might as well take as much advantage as you get. if your going to play the honor game, your not going to do well in tournament or even against good players. The diddy players don't care how unbalance their grab game is, they will do it to win, you might as well do the same. As cheap as the jab cancel is, its still a good technique, think of it as a chain grab.
Point of advice, sakurai also said Melee was going to be his last game, and here we are. Care to spout more useless and blatantly obvious information?

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Point of advise, don't take hearsay as facts, go and read sources. This is what Sakurai said:

In the future, do you plan on adjusting or balancing the game further through a patch?

Sakurai: We don't have any such plans, but at the very least we will be working on a few things connected to the online play experience, bit by bit.

If we were to do something like tweak characters' customized special moves, then there'd be no end to it. But with that said, if there are any glaring issues, we may address them.

I don't know about you, but I think this constitutes a glaring issue so chances are that it will be patched. What's more, this is not balancing the game, but fixing a glitch/exploit. It's two completely different things.

And I agree with Shin, if that is all the advise you'll bring tot eh MU discussion table, don't bother posting. I always play the honor game and I have consistently placed 5th in tourneys.

As cheap as the jab cancel is, its still a good technique, think of it as a chain grab.
This is exactly why we dislike it.

WhiteMageBD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wmiller2533
Had any of you notice last patch that it hit multiple characters, not just one. If link's combo is getting patch, then diddy down throw will get a nerf because hes way too dominant in tournaments, and many people are complaining about the down throw to be nerf. So if there doing another balance patch, im all for it because diddy will be nerfed due to the complaints.

Plus, the jab cancel is not a glitch, but a combo. Yes the jab cancel is a glaring issue, but so is diddy grab game. oh yeah, killing a character with a grab combo at 100% is balance, sure!!!!!!! While Rosy and shiek can only combo with their grabs at 40-60% before it stops working.

Last edited:
Top Bottom