• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MU Chart 3

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't play this character anymore and have no intention of joining the panel but in case anybody cares, this is my honest opinion on Mario's match-ups - you will probably find some of these to be odd. Oh well.

-4 :metaknight: :dedede:
-3 :snake:
-2 :falco: :popo: :marth: :wolf: :pit: :kirby2:
-1 :olimar: :diddy: :wario: :zerosuitsamus: :toonlink: :fox: :peach: :rob: :dk2:
+0 :pikachu2: :lucario: :gw: :sonic: :ike: :sheik: :yoshi2: :ness2: :pt: :luigi2: :lucas: :samus2: :bowser2: :jigglypuff: :link2: :zelda: :ganondorf:
+1 :falcon:

:059:

BSP

Smash Legend
:metaknight: is Mario's only -4 IMO. D3 is bad, but MK is just...put the controller down please.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
The man just can't handle opinions about Yoshi and Lucas apparently.
Well,I don't really remember when I flamed anyone for it lol.

imo,it's not a really big advantage for both characters,please don't ask me to explain because I am bad at explaining things.

Well,I don't think anyone cares for my opinion anyway.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Well,I don't really remember when I flamed anyone for it lol.

imo,it's not a really big advantage for both characters,please don't ask me to explain because I am bad at explaining things.

Well,I don't think anyone cares for my opinion anyway.
“If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”

Albert Einstein, the man who invented space.

C.J.

Smash Master
Messages have been sent to panelists for them to apply to the user group for the match up chart. The current cycle is the panelists deciding which match ups they want to change and supplying reasons for why. The current plan is for the actual rediscussion of matchups to begin shortly after the completion of Apex.

:phone:

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Late to the party, but mine would go something like this...

:mario2:
-3: :metaknight:
-2: :falco: :popo: :gw: :marth: :snake: :dedede:
-1: :diddy: :kirby2: :lucario: :lucas: :olimar: :pikachu2: :pit: :rob: :toonlink: :wario: :yoshi2: :zerosuitsamus: :peach: :wolf:
0: :bowser2: :ike: :luigi2: :ness2: :samus2: :sonic: :fox: :sheik: :sheilda: :pt: :dk2:
1: :falcon: :jigglypuff: :link2: :zelda:
2: :ganondorf:

I'd say that's a very possible scenario. The other Marios should really post up their thoughts if they haven't yet.

Who's going to Apex anyway?

miniada

Smash Journeyman
NNID
miniada
-4:metaknight::marth:(yes marth think about it )
-3:dedede::snake:
-2:falco::popo::gw::wolf:
-1:diddy::fox::lucario::kirby2::peach::pikachu2::pit::olimar::rob::sheik::toonlink::wario::zerosuitsamus:
0:ike::dk2::pt::charizard::squirtle::lucas::yoshi2::sonic::luigi2::ness2:
+ 1:ivysaur::bowser2::zelda::samus2::jigglypuff::falcon::link2:
+ 2:ganondorf:
that's my list
here are my explanations for some of the changes:metaknight: this is obvious no explanation needed :marth: we have no options against marth and he has all the options he needs against us off stage marth could just crouch and throw out an attack onstage we can't approach him and he out ranges all our attacks he also has his tipper and tons of ko power and in the air he has more range and generally better aireials :bowser2: combo him to 100% then he is dead he can't deal with combos period he is easy top punish and his recovery is easy to gimp and he is easy to edgeguard:dk2: easy to combo and edgeguard and he is easy to punish:yoshi2: we have better aerials than him he is easy to gimp and we have somewhat better ko power I believe

Last edited:

The Master of Mario

Smash Journeyman
-3 :dedede::popo:
-1 :metaknight:I know I made Zero switch to Yoshi:yoshi2::peach::diddy::fox::kirby2::lucario::olimar::pikachu2::pit::rob::sheik::sheilda::zerosuitsamus::ike:
0 :dk2::lucas::pt::bowser2::luigi2::ness2::samus2::sonic::zelda::falco::snake::popo::wolf::warioc::toonlink:
:marth:Wolf(Please Use more N-air Punches and Tilts) Don't Use F-smash to punish a falling They can shield in Air now Falco opponent use Fireball->Grab or SHFF (HIGH) B-air increases your fall speed->Grab/Punches. Use Crouch-Bair/Stutter-F-smash/SH-airdodge->N-air/SH-Airdodge->D-air->Grab/D-smash. Use Phantom Fireball->SH N-air/B-air on most characters and follow up with Aerial FF to Grab to prevent shielding. I beat marth all the time this is not a hard matchup. Up-smash also beats Falco's Side Special and You can Smash DI out of chain grabs and follow with Up-special/N-air to stop Dash Attack. Best approach against Metaknight Phantom Fireball(Metaknight's N-air and shuttle loop)->FF-Frame 12-B-air->Shield Grab/Shield JC Dash-Blind U-air->. This gives you a -3 Advantage which gives you just enough time to turn around shield a Shuttle Loop OOS.
1 :falcon::jigglypuff::link2:
2 :ganondorf:

Last edited:

The Master of Mario

Smash Journeyman
Mario Outranges Marth's Smash with a Stutter F-smash
Mario has a framelock Dash Attack->Up-smash kinda like Falco's D-air
Mario has a continuous Frame 0 Grab D-throw to F-air
Mario has Cape->N-air which out prioritizes Marth F-smash and Shield Breaker
Mario has SH D-air->Nair->Up-smash For Shield Stun use more double aerials
Mario has B-air Waveland->D-smash for a rangier Frame 5 smash
Mario's Fireball can go through Counter at the feet