• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MU Chart 3

C.J.

Smash Master
Hey everyone, I’m C.J. and will be leading your character’s panel for the BBR Match-Up Chart v3 . The thread detailing panel leaders, as well as other various information about the project, can be found here. Additionally, this is the thread where I'll keep you all updated on the happenings of the project =)

The current panelists for this panel are:
Me =(

I'm aware you all don't really know who I am that well (unless you play another character whose boards I frequent or if you're active on general forums in which case you know that I'm awesome!) and no, I don't play Mario (in tourney). However, there was nobody in the BBR that really plays Mario and I lurk(ed) here in the past so I have a *fairly* good idea on his metagame/MUs/etc.

That being said, I don't plan on being overly active in the project and am mostly just here to organize how things go and to make sure things are getting done when they need to be. I've read through every post you all made in the past year so I have a pretty good idea on who will end up being on the panel, but I'm open to any and all suggestions you guys have!

We are limited to five panelists for this project, and are looking for active and knowledgeable members of the character community to help fill our remaining openings. If you would like to join the panel for this character, please make a post demonstrating your interest in this thread, along with what would make you a desirable panelist. Keep in mind that debating skills are important for all panel members, and those with poor behavior will be ejected from the project if complaints arise.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this panel or its activities, feel free to post them in this thread. You may also PM me or Ish if you would rather speak to one of us privately. Panelist selections will be finalized in a week or two, at which point we will begin discussing which match-ups to change in the panelist subforum.

BSP

Smash Legend
XeroXen and Matador definitely.

If you can get a hold of Flameleon, get him too.

I could offer input as well, but I haven't done anything on par with the most revered Marios' accomplishments.

Consider me interested if you really can't find that last man.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I'll do it if I'm needed. I think we have enough knowledgeable, active Marios for this already though.

C.J.

Smash Master
What would your ideal panel be, matador?

Excluding boss since he's unsure

:phone:

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Ideal... Xero, Monk, ThatGuy, Flameleon and Vato. I've never spoken to Stevo, but he'd be great too, just judging off of the noise he's been making in the tourney scene. But yeah, those 5 would be my choice outside Boss. Mainly because they have plenty of experience to fall back on for match-up discussion if it's needed for reference. I trust most of the Marios that regularly post here are informed enough to give an accurate view of the Mario side of the match-ups that would be discussed in the backroom though.

Realistically though, of those 5, only Xero and Monk may be reachable in time.

C.J.

Smash Master
I'm thinking, based on activity/currently using Mario/people who've responded to me:
Xero
Monk
Matador

Other than that, I can always bug Boss privately about MUs that we need extra input on.

BSP, if you want to be in it, I'd be happy to have you =)

Assuming he does:
Me (kinda sorta not really but a little)
Matador
Xero
Monk
BSP

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Definitely get me in on this...and next time there are BBR applications can you guys at least consider me a little bit since you guys don't even have a Mario main back there hahaha

C.J.

Smash Master
Okidoki, if there's no objections, then I'll confirm the Mario panel + BSP

C.J.

Smash Master
I'm bored, and since it's allowed, everyone post what you think should happen to (y)our MUs!

Don't post arguments/reasoning/etc because it doesn't matter and all discussion is supposed to happen in private. But I welcome everyone, panel or not, to post your opinions of Mario's MUs!

Current:
:mario2:
-3: :dedede: :metaknight:
-2: :falco: :popo: :gw: :marth: :peach: :snake: :wolf:
-1: :diddy: :dk2: :fox: :kirby2: :lucario: :lucas: :olimar: :pikachu2: :pit: :pt: :rob: :sheik: :sheilda: :toonlink: :wario: :yoshi2: :zerosuitsamus:
0: :bowser2: :ike: :luigi2: :ness2: :samus2: :sonic:
1: :falcon: :jigglypuff: :link2: :zelda:
2: :ganondorf:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I'm bored, and since it's allowed, everyone post what you think should happen to (y)our MUs!

Don't post arguments/reasoning/etc because it doesn't matter and all discussion is supposed to happen in private. But I welcome everyone, panel or not, to post your opinions of Marth's MUs!

Current:
:mario2:
-3: :dedede: :metaknight:
-2: :falco: :popo: :gw: :marth: :peach: :snake: :wolf:
-1: :diddy: :dk2: :fox: :kirby2: :lucario: :lucas: :olimar: :pikachu2: :pit: :pt: :rob: :sheik: :sheilda: :toonlink: :wario: :yoshi2: :zerosuitsamus:
0: :bowser2: :ike: :luigi2: :ness2: :samus2: :sonic:
1: :falcon: :jigglypuff: :link2: :zelda:
Damn, Marth became really bad all of a sudden.

C.J.

Smash Master
>.>

I don't know what you're talking about. I didn't just copy/paste that from the Marth boards.

No.. of course not. It says Mario!

BSP

Smash Legend
Scratch me. There's nothing I can say that Matador/XeroXen/Monk won't cover. Sorry for being late on this.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen

Don't post arguments/reasoning/etc because it doesn't matter and all discussion is supposed to happen in private. But I welcome everyone, panel or not, to post your opinions of Mario's MUs!
-4: :metaknight:
-3: :dedede: :falco:
-2: :marth: :snake: :wolf:
-1: :diddy: :fox: :kirby2: :lucario: :lucas: :pikachu2: :pit: :pt: :sheik: :sheilda: :toonlink: :wario: :yoshi2: :zerosuitsamus: :gw: :peach:
0: :ike: :luigi2: :ness2: :sonic: :olimar: :popo: :dk2: :rob:
1: :falcon: :jigglypuff: :link2: :zelda: :bowser2: :samus2:

This isn't my ideal list. Something I just came up with off of the top of my head. The notable changes are Olimar and ICs down to 0, as well as some other changes that I thought were necessary.

There are a few maybes that I didn't change. Pika to 0, sheik to 2 (and by default shielda as well), yoshi to 0, and luigi to +1. I didn't feel like doing enough thinking to see if anybody else other than Ganon could be moved to +2. Probably not though, Mario is bad.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Gonna be hard to argue MK to 4 and ICs to 0. The rest of that seems rather reasonable to me, tbh.

I'll post my list a little later.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Gonna be hard to argue MK to 4 and ICs to 0. The rest of that seems rather reasonable to me, tbh.

I'll post my list a little later.
I am not a good Mario, and I have extremely little matchup experience against both ICs and MK, to be honest, due to my geographical location, but that seems really fair to me from what I've played. I played Roller in a pools match against his ICs, and even with the only knowledge of the matchup being 'don't get grabbed', I saw some pretty solid reasons for why Mario can go toe to toe with the Climbers, On the right stage. And that pretty much means on Battlefield. Smashville is... difficult, but it's a far sight better than playing on FD.

I wouldn't say even, though. Fireballs and camping can wreck the climbers, and cape can mess with things like side-B recovery against a SoPo(As would FLUDD, I'd imagine). Hell, FLUDD can do some fun things to separate the climbers if you have the distance and charge. But that's mostly thought experiment. Instant B-throw knocks Nana(or in some cases Popo) away so you can at least tack on some good damage there if you somehow allow yourself to get in that range.

Either way, I'd argue Mario a -1 against the IC's no problem. Uair is sexy.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
It's a -1 matchup on FD, and maaaaaaybe SV. Otherwise it's a 0 for various reasons I'll cover later.

Also MK is stupid and bad MKs can beat any Mario player without trying. (In fact, bad metaknights do better because it's his really stupid abusable **** that shuts down Mario, and actually playing the character well isn't necessary.)

PMC66

Smash Journeyman
-1: :diddy: :fox: :kirby2: :lucario: :lucas: :pikachu2: :pit: :pt: :sheik: :sheilda: :toonlink: :wario: :yoshi2: :zerosuitsamus: :gw: :peach:
0: :ike: :luigi2: :ness2: :sonic: :olimar: :popo: :dk2: :rob:
1: :falcon: :jigglypuff: :link2: :zelda: :bowser2: :samus2:

This isn't my ideal list. Something I just came up with off of the top of my head. The notable changes are Olimar and ICs down to 0, as well as some other changes that I thought were necessary.

There are a few maybes that I didn't change. Pika to 0, sheik to 2 (and by default shielda as well), yoshi to 0, and luigi to +1. I didn't feel like doing enough thinking to see if anybody else other than Ganon could be moved to +2. Probably not though, Mario is bad.

Personally i'd go for

-3 :dedede: :metaknight:
-2 :falco: :popo: :snake: :marth: :gw:
-1 :fox: :kirby2: :lucario: :lucas: :pikachu2: :sheik: :sheilda: :toonlink: :wario: :yoshi: :zerosuitsamus: :peach: :wolf: :sonic: :dk2: :rob:
:bowser2:
0 :ike: :luigi2: :ness2: :sonic: :olimar: :diddy: :pt:
+1 :falcon: :jigglypuff: :link2: :zelda: :bowser2: :samus2:
+2 :ganondorf:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Mario does not lose to Bowser,even my grandma can see this.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
-1: :diddy: :fox: :kirby2: :lucario: :lucas: :pikachu2: :pit: :pt: :sheik: :sheilda: :toonlink: :wario: :yoshi2: :zerosuitsamus: :gw: :peach: :luigi2: :rob: :olimar:
0: :ike: :ness2: :sonic: :popo: :dk2: :bowser2:
1: :falcon: :jigglypuff: :link2: :zelda: :samus2:

i dont think we're even against luigi. Not too sure about bowser though.
I havent played this game in forever so meh

TMario

Smash Apprentice
You guys are going to be more difficult than the Marth boards xD

:phone:
That's cuz we're all bitter about Mario's faults....

though I have to admit, whenever I get that Mario Fair to spike AND it actually KILLS.... It's like Christmas morning. Awesome and only happens once a year.

Also, I feel like Falco gets a +3 and Yoshi gets a 0. That's really the most of my exp.

Top Bottom