• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr. Trela Appreciation Thread.

TheLonelyTugboat17

Smash Rookie
Hey folks,

I have been playing brawl off and on casually with friends since it's release in 2008. I am a mere casual warrior, nothing like the superstars that educate all us nooblets on these forums (I'm gonna have to check out the instructional threads to get better at my favorite character, Sonic :))))). So, yeah, you caught me, I am not a Lucario user. The cute little stoic dude has caused me many a ragequits during battle, but I fear I have not had the pleasure of controlling him myself, at least not in a competitive setting. I was, however, looking at MizumiCon 4 Competition from last March in which Mr. Trela plays against Espy, a sonic that my friend Franklin was showing me last week. And why my dawgy dawg Espy put up a heck of a rodeo, it was Mr. Trela who came up on top.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAYqA6IpJDg

That last blue ball, perfectly sized, perfectly timed, bam a dam wham wham and my love Espy (no homo hehe) is dead...

WHY IS THIS WONDERFUL KNIGHT NOT CELEBRATED MORE?

Like, how are people not blown away by this guy? Are there a lot of other people like him? Is he the best in the world? I seriously want to know why everyone here isn't crazy for this dude.

Lend me your keyboards, Lucario comrades. I must know what the "dealio" is.

Life

Smash Hero
Multiple reasons.

One, everyone knows everyone. That's like asking why M2K doesn't have fans. We're all just human beings here.

Two, supposedly Trela quit or something. Don't quite remember the details. (You might say that Espy timed him out IRL.)

Three, Lucario is Sonic's worst matchup (Trela used to beat Espy constantly).

And probably some other things.

<- Also a sonic main btw. Joooooooooooooiiiiiiiin uuuuuuuuuuuuussss.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Correct me if i'm wrong on this but IIR...

He left because he was satisfied with what he'd accomplished. He had become the best Lucario worldwide, took out a few MK's in his last tourney (Are worst MU by far) then left.

I think he left because he wanted to dedicate more time to his job as well.

But yea, we said are goodbyes and let him have a peaceful respite. Like Life said, despite how good he is, he's still human and we all respected his decision.

He still drops by I think~ <3

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Trela quit because he is a wimp and only wants to play Elder Scrolls and Pokemon because he is a NERD.

And also something about accomplishing all his goals, getting tired of the game and how the metagame is, and focusing on real life matters...

Overall, Trela sux, kekekekekekekekekekekekeke.

:phone:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Trela has a job?

Also, he blogged about it on AiB. Aside from the fact that he accomplished some big things in the game, the people he liked being around started to drop the game, didn't they?

And yeah, Lucario is our worst match up bar none, so it's not really a surprise that Trela won all the time. :applejack:

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
I think we should all take a moment to honor Trela (King of Lucario, best in the world at 12 years old, owner of only one jacket and some plain black t-shirts, everything RT ever said or will say about him is probably true) and to remember what he means to each and every one of us.

He shall forever be in our hearts.

[collapse="The man himself"]
[/collapse]

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Seems legit.

TheLonelyTugboat17

Smash Rookie
OMG IS THAT THE ESPY!? We are surronded by such celebrities dare I say! I am so stoked that all you other smash bros. recognize Lord Trela as "hella" awesome!

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Uh oh spoiler alerty lert who is Mr Ken?

:phone:
Ken was the best melee player of his era. He was so good he paid his way through college using smash money and was even on the T.V show survivor. That guys is a legend.

I can't beleive that lucario is sonics worst MU. I have seen larger margins of victories from MK.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Sonic has very little kill power. Lucario is a character that gets stronger the longer he lives. Do the math.
Bull. Fresh fsmash owns lucario. And sonic has the tools to avoid confrontation until it is absolutely save to do so. Therefore lucario won't get that much extra damage.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Well, I definitely consider Trela a friend. Not sure if it works the other way around though. :applejack:

Thorizard

Smash Rookie
Trela is the very best like no one ever was and don't ever say different! I love his playstyle so much!! And he hasn't been playing cause he doesn't have a wii. That's it. He said he wants to get one so he can start practicing again but he lacks cash. We should all send him money so we can see more sick combos. But he's amazing.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Ew, why is this still alive?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
I just rewatched a ton of trela sets. His mind games are amazing. I keep noticing new things. We should try to motivate him to come back :)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
He won't come back.

Find a new hero.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer