• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr.3000=The Best Sonic ever?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
no
thats oz3000

MR.3000 is all sonic

oh and all i use is samus. no 2ndaries

Xyro77

Its cool.

I just want people to know that even though sonic is trash, people like mr.3000 are kicking A S S with him.

OwL

Smash Cadet
Lucky? And some others' gameplay in the videos section I can't remember their names.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Lucky was one of the best though... And despite the number of good players he beat, I don't think he actually did as well in tournaments as Mr. 3000 has been doing.

So that's a toss-up, but if Lucky is the only person you can name then I honestly think you're not giving 3000 nearly enough credit.

OwL

Smash Cadet
Bleh, I'm giving an opinion.

Of course with what "I've seen" I don't mean much, I don't keep track of tourny results and every single Sonic good player and stuff.

To be honest, I've just seen a couple of vids from the video thread.

That said, I see a thread title requesting Mr. 3000 for best Sonic player (opinion), and really I just can reply back with another opinion.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Well, don't get me wrong, I think that even if right now no one on the tournament scene has a Sonic as good as his he will eventually be surpassed by someone that uses more of Sonic's abilities. I'm enough of an optimist where I believe the best is yet to come.

I was more just pointing out that while 3000 may not look like much, and as Umby pointed out seems to be inefficient, he is actually quite a solid player.

Pero

Smash Apprentice
But think i make mistakes...so i couldnt be as good as lucky who doesnt make big ones. Look at the kirby match he was good but he killed him self by accident but win is a win and a lose is a lose. Lucky really doesnt like brawl so he doesnt have to win tournies but his match videos are alot more solid than 3000...not saying he sucks hes good, plays like me or me like him but idc. Hes deffinately not the best...

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
But think i make mistakes...so i couldnt be as good as lucky who doesnt make big ones. Look at the kirby match he was good but he killed him self by accident but win is a win and a lose is a lose. Lucky really doesnt like brawl so he doesnt have to win tournies but his match videos are alot more solid than 3000...not saying he sucks hes good, plays like me or me like him but idc. Hes deffinately not the best...
I wish people would stop pounding the table and screaming Lucky's name. He doesn't play this game anymore so it's kind of time to move on :/

I guess I don't really care who we call the best since it's all immaterial; I just think it's a mistake to discount his video because there isn't anything immediately impressive about it. If you take a few minutes to go over his vids carefully you might pick a thing or two up that was too subtle to notice on the first view.

NNID
MasterHavik
Its cool.

I just want people to know that even though sonic is trash, people like mr.3000 are kicking A S S with him.
So can he handle Sonic's bad match ups? Like Mk, Wolf, Falco, and f4gboy Marth(sorry Marth mains). And I've seen that man play. He crazy with Sonic, I haven't seen anyone manhandle someone else with Sonic like that, instead of seeing Lucky and Izzy do that.

Also, ppl keep saying he doesn't gimp enough. Well, we all love gimping, but doing over and over again is a bad idea. In less you like getting spike to the ground, which not fun. The moral of my short story is know when to gimp.

KASR

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
KASR,

He beat Sethlon's Falco, and a lot of people consider Sethlon to have the best Falco in Brawl. Everyone that doesn't would probably at least agree he's top 5 for Falco players.

So, yeah, he fairs pretty well against Sonic's bad match-ups as well :O

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I cringe at how simple yet effective 3000's play is. I mean, he doesn't gimp, he doesn't spinshot or use use any of Sonic's more helpful techniques that much, yet at close quarters fighting he always seems to have the upper hand.
Is there something we're missing? I mean, if I played like that (or at least tried to) I would get my arse handed to me.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
I cringe at how simple yet effective 3000's play is. I mean, he doesn't gimp, he doesn't spinshot or use use any of Sonic's more helpful techniques that much, yet at close quarters fighting he always seems to have the upper hand.
Is there something we're missing? I mean, if I played like that (or at least tried to) I would get my arse handed to me.
ATs, while useful, are instant gratification solutions to a larger problem. Sonic players need to be smart in how they do the less flashy things. That's one of the reasons why I mention 3000 as being one of the top Sonic players despite his never once using a spin-shot (that I ever saw) or an ASC.

And as for the edge-gimping, I rather think he's too conservative on that front, but that's just his play style. If you watch most of his matches you'll notice he's a conservative (Izzy calls him campy) player. He probably doesn't want to risk getting counter gimped. Still, when it's safe he still goes for gimps, pretty effectively at that.

As a side-note, Lucky wasn't always one for fancy edge-guarding himself. A lot of times he would just mind-game the ledge-recovery so that he could get a free f-smash or bair. Considering how hard it is for Sonic to land his kill-moves otherwise, in some situations this might be a more important focus than the actual off-stage game.

Like I said before, people that don't appreciate the videos should look over them again. It's subtle and non-obvious how 3000 pulls ahead.

Pero

Smash Apprentice
Sigh, lol Toes I agree that 3000 is good, but u complain about people throwing Lucky out there but there arent to many awsome sonics with "evidence"...Lucky has videos. I have gotten past my idol takin a brake from brawl atm. But u get tried of Luckys great but u even know he is and u use him a as example. I still dont believe 3000 is the best but yes top 5 material because of his Odd sonic play. I play wierd too when I am able to post vids I gladly will. (btw Im not bragging.) But he is very good but point remains others "SEEM" better.

Xyro77

You people dont get it. You dont have to be tech to **** people. You can use simple set ups that will kill people. WHo cares if he doesnt gimp people? he stil can place 3rd in an 88 man tourney with some of the ebst players in the entire south

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i just loved how xyro called sonic a garbage character for two reasons...

1. nobody even said anything
2. he mains samus

for the record sonic is not garbage

also lucky is like a bad breakup, hes gone you just have to get over him. you cant be the best if you dont play the game

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Pero, he isn't "taking a break."
Face facts, he's left us for good D:

Also, if you think he's top 5 why did you say the video was nothing special :/
Kind of misleading don't you think?

Pero

Smash Apprentice
Toes I never said it was nothing special, show me where I typed that plz...>_> hmm u cant...The thread says best Sonic I was just saying hes top 5 but not the best. And from talking to Lucky he told me hes "takin a brake" its true look at his profile. But even if he does never come back. Its not that big we will be fine. Might miss his awsome sonic, some of u might miss him. But Im off the Lucky thing now its done. I say 1 tru fact and I get speared. This world...I tell you. But yes Toes I just want yall to get hes not the best yes top 5 but not the best.

Zori

Smash Champion
I don't play sonic but I watched 3000 play those matches live, I watched him take down he spammest metaknight ever... It gave me hope for brawl.... and none of the parts where "OMG how did he do that etc." I have played like one good sonic and this is because all sonic players do is spin ALL DAY I played 1 sonic that used a tilt.

I know what you guys are going to say " I don't do that, you need to play a good sonic" well I have seen good sonics and the don't abuse the spin moves and maybe that's why you guys place so low (no offense)

tl;dr

stop abusing spin moves and play smarter not harder :D.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
the regulars here stopped abusing spins long ago, but you are right, and that applys to everything...

work smarter not harder

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
the regulars here stopped abusing spins long ago, but you are right, and that applys to everything...

work smarter not harder
Lol, not really, we just labeled it "ASC" and called ourselves pro :p

But no, we really have come a long way from the thinking and strategizing of the early days of Brawl when it was like... bad....

The King Of Hearts

Smash Journeyman
Mr.3000 seems like a very safe player and knows how to turn the tide on characters projectiles. This guy has his spacing down and dosent run into possible attacks that would ruin sonic. So to owl is dude...why the lucky name drop that isnt nice at all. lucky Is a very good sonic but becuase Mr.3000 dosent do flashy holy **** things. Different stratagies work for different people.

So I want to say Mr.3000 = hey im a good parent and make good investments .
Lucky= Ima on crack you donno whats comin!

Did anyone see the flipflop kirby fight? 2nd stock was horrible lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom