• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MPG - Professional Smash 64 Tournament-*BOTH BRACKETS DONE* *POST RESULTS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

MATTS!

Smash Ace
Matches that need to happen:

Singles:

A$ vs. Koro
AbsolutionNext vs. HisFreshness

Teams:

Malva / Superboomfan vs. Holybec / ZGE
Blade iXi / Hermit iXi vs. kys / spazbo4

These Need to happen or DQ'ing will start happen VERY SHORTLY. Thanks.
:mad::mad:

The Great MATTS!

kys

Smash Ace
LOL it has been so long even MATTS! has forgotten about his own tourney. You already DQ'd Blade and Hermit because of lag, so I would assume spaz and I get the win because of the same lag. We've all been waiting for ZGE and Holy, and Malva has posted twice saying how ridiculous it is to get in touch with them.

MATTS! GET YOUR SH.IT TOGETHER!

MATTS!

Smash Ace
LOL it has been so long even MATTS! has forgotten about his own tourney. You already DQ'd Blade and Hermit because of lag, so I would assume spaz and I get the win because of the same lag. We've all been waiting for ZGE and Holy, and Malva has posted twice saying how ridiculous it is to get in touch with them.

MATTS! GET YOUR SH.IT TOGETHER!
Your right EASYkys, but nobody posted anything about it, until right know. So it's Updated now.

Malva and Superboomfan and Holybec and ZGE are holding up the entire Teams BRACKET AND WILL BE dq'D SOON IF NOBODY STARTS TALKING!

The Great MATTS!

kys

Smash Ace
So yeah, I didn't think this tourney would take so long. Real life is calling, and that means I'll be moving away for work. The internet is terrible where I'm going, so I won't be able to play without lag. MATTS! you can DQ me n Spaz, unless this thing is still dragging on near the end of August. peace out ****

DMoogle

A$
I've been on pretty often, but haven't seen you on. I'm going to be away from home until tomorrow night (am I still on G64? I may have forgotten to log out on my home computer).

I'll try IMing you when I get back.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I've been on pretty often, but haven't seen you on. I'm going to be away from home until tomorrow night (am I still on G64? I may have forgotten to log out on my home computer).

I'll try IMing you when I get back.
I'll be on AIM.

I prefer playing on the other computer which can be used probably past 11:20 or so unless you want to deal with lag.

MATTS!

Smash Ace
Looks like I'm out then. Thanks MATTS!, I had a great time.
Ya dude, thanks for joining. My tourney's are always fun until a LOSER joins, and never plays his games.

So yeah, I didn't think this tourney would take so long. Real life is calling, and that means I'll be moving away for work. The internet is terrible where I'm going, so I won't be able to play without lag. MATTS! you can DQ me n Spaz, unless this thing is still dragging on near the end of August. peace out ****

I'll DQ you guys. You guys are still kool cause you didn't lose, you had to Drop out so your still a winner. Also Im sick of waiting for peopel to play there games. Have fun where you going. Peace.

There is No brackets to update because nobody played any matches.

PLAY PEOPLE, PLAY!

The Great MATTS!

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
A$ wins vs KoRo.

I am virtually done with smash 64 now. I am playing wayyy too poorly in matchups I used to play well.
inb4 no johns.

Edit: I'll replace Smasherx74's spot, wait wut.

MATTS!

Smash Ace
Alright NOOBS!

malva00 and Superboomfan are over HolyBec and ZGE because ZGE dosen't exist anymore, and stop caring.

Also, Korox74 took the place of SmasherX74.

Brackets Updated!

Keep Playing!!!

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
btw, if I win winner's finals, I declare that smasherx74 be allowed back into the server. Wut.

MATTS!

Smash Ace
COME ON PEOPLE, IM GOING TO HAVE TO START PULLING SOME DI.CKS!

We have:

Singles:

Kabal vs Hermit iVi
AbsolutionNext vs. Korx74 or everybody knows him as stupid Koro. LOL.

Teams:

malva00 & SuperBoomFan vs. Fireblaster & Saske

Come on NOOB/NUBS, PLAY!

The Great MATTS!

malva00

Smash Master
we tried playing LAN teams on pj64k and it DSed the first match.

We switched to mupen and played 2 games, then I guess I lagged out on the 3rd and we played another 3rd game from scratch

Doesn't matter though, mupen > pj64k when it comes to LAN teams

dandan

Smash Lord
we tried playing LAN teams on pj64k and it DSed the first match.

We switched to mupen and played 2 games, then I guess I lagged out on the 3rd and we played another 3rd game from scratch

Doesn't matter though, mupen > pj64k when it comes to LAN teams
us europeans only play lan teams with pj on the euro servers.
we do not ds or lag out nearly that often.
usually we can stay above 6-8 games with out ds in my experience.

maybe one of you has a bad router/connection (routing) that causes udp packets to be dropped.
the game uses udp as it needs to work quickly without verifying the arrival of packets like tcp, but it fails when a few packets are dropped, which is funny.
most applications that use udp can survive packet loss by skipping.
however udp will still always have to be used as there is no time to resend dropped packets as tcp does.

malva00

Smash Master
us europeans only play lan teams with pj on the euro servers.
we do not ds or lag out nearly that often.
usually we can stay above 6-8 games with out ds in my experience.

maybe one of you has a bad router/connection (routing) that causes udp packets to be dropped.
the game uses udp as it needs to work quickly without verifying the arrival of packets like tcp, but it fails when a few packets are dropped, which is funny.
most applications that use udp can survive packet loss by skipping.
however udp will still always have to be used as there is no time to resend dropped packets as tcp does.
maybe you play on better servers or with players with good connections

I've played LAN teams (pj64k) with the Japanese in their servers for a long time without much DS problems, but why do you think everyone in galaxy plays on EXC? If you ask they will say "it lags more" or "it DSes more often"

plus pj64k makes me DS constantly if I use a good audio plugin or use rice video\mudlord graphics plugin. I have to use jabo graphics and the crappy default audio plugin (if I'm not using no sound)

dandan

Smash Lord
maybe you play on better servers or with players with good connections
we usually play on random servers that are capable of running the game with teams without any lag and that have good pings to everyone. and most of them are the 0.86 kaillera server version and not emulinker version.
but i do think most of europe, at least scandinavia and germany/holland has great internet connection and routing.
but for example, we played teams on a euro server with an american, marioreincarnate, with voice chat, and it dsed once in over an hour.
are you certain it might not be your pc, is it old, what is your router model.
if you have an old router and want to upgrade, i would recommend using linksys wrt54gl.
it is a linux based router with released source code and thus you can apply user made firmware that makes it from a 60-80$ router to an equivallent of hundreds of dollars worth of equipment.

Saske

Smash Apprentice
hey Ownasaurus, i read your pm on galaxy, but when I responded you logged off. can we do our teams match tomorrow?

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Tomorrow might work, I just gotta ask Firo. I know he should be free after 9:15PM EST tonight too.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
We're pretty much free for the rest of the night tonight. Look one of us up on aim or on kaillera when ur rdy. Happy birthday btw.

UnholyWeapon

Smash Apprentice
:O i suck :D at smash ;o I play nintendodude link dittos some where Im not if it was for this tourney. I don't think it was, but just a headsup

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Saske + Fireblaster, we're ready for the match when you are. Saske said you'd probably be ready by like 5, so we're warmed up. If you're around later tonight, we can probably still play.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Firo + Owna beat Saske and Fireblaster. GGs. The spotty lag was really unfortunate, but we did change servers to try to accommodate. Also, the lagstat did not show any one person at fault. Hope to play you again in the future with less lag!

MATTS!

Smash Ace
Alright NOOBS!

*Claps* :p Congrats for malva00 and Superboomfan for making it to the Final Championship round of Teams, and Congrats to Firo and Ownasauras for coming back after their loss to Fireblaster and Saske and beating them in the losers bracket and making it to the Final Championship match to face malva00 and Superboomfan. This will be a good Championship battle. Im stoaked. :p *Claps*

Guys can somebody try and record these. It be tight!

Singles:

Kabal vs Hermit iVi

AbsolutionNext vs. Korx74(KoRo)

Brackets Updated!!

Guys don't forget about singles!

The Great MATTS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom