• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MP Jubilee V, August 4th

lord karn

Smash Master
MP Jubilee is a tournament in Raleigh, North Carolina. Last time there was free food and room and board all weekend. Anyone there can attest that it was fun. I'm hoping to expand the tourney this time, hopefully with some of the big names coming. The tourney takes place at my dad's three story house.

The rules will be the same as they were at Pound 2.

Entry fee will be either ten or fifteen for singles depending on attendance. Doubles entry will be 20 a team. There will also be a five dollar venue fee to help pay for all the food.

Check out the main thread in Atlantic South for more info: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=99500

Address: 2018 Brilliant Dr, Raleigh, NC 27616

PacStrife

Smash Ace
This tourney is awesome. It's the best NC has to offer people....... so worth it to come. I mean didn't yall hear about the free pancakes? pancakes + smash + everyone in NC playing falcon = OMGWTF tourney of epic-ness.

But seriously it's alot of fun and it is awesome, not will be, simply IS awesome!

The_Brownguy

Smash Ace
Oh yeah and if you suck at smash, there are other opportunities to make money. We are having a game of texas hold 'em as well as a 10 dollar buy in game of risk

Malk

Smash Champion
No one has really made note of the full extent of fun available to you, the out of state smasher, at MPJV.

Here is a list:
pancakes
knorr
dodgeball
risk
knorr
settlers of catan (++ more boardgames &c)
poker
street fighter
knorr
dance off
dance dance revolution off
free food
3 days and 2 nights of free board (bring a sleeping bag)
Moe's Southwest Grill (not quite free)
wife and chu fighting (we're not sure yet, but it's probable)
southern hospitality
that means bojangles (close enough to free)
trees (we hear there are none up north)

ok i'm running out but I'll be sure to edit some in later

anyway, everyone, COME TO THIS
THE SINGLE MOST ENTERTAINING SMASH BROS GET TOGETHER
EVAR

dotpwn

Smash Journeyman
DDR you say?, guess it's about time to dust off my legs xD. This sounds better than before, on account of the free pancakes and trees.

Malk

Smash Champion
You don't even ****ign know vzakat you're not ****ing invited get the **** out of my city *****

vZakat

Half Genie
There's housing at the place just pay $5. You have to bring stuff to sleep with. (i.e. pillows, sheets). Unless that has changed since I can't find that anywhere anymore.

linkfanumber1

Smash Rookie
This sounds really fun. Even if you dont win in Smash, theres always other stuff to do (dodgeball!). I could bring a set up or 2 (meaning a copy of SSBM and 2 gamcubes) If someone could explain all the rules to me, i would really appreciate it. My friend and I would be coming from WV and enter as a team. We DO get to pick our own team-mate and the character we use, right? If I could have someone explain all the rules to me, that would be great =) Ohh, and an estimate of how many peoples going to be there would be great too.

lord karn

Smash Master
First there will be pools, where you are in a group with several other people. You play all of them in a best of three match and the top ranked players in each pool move into a final double elimination bracket. Yes, you choose your character and teammate.

I won't really know exactly how many people are coming until the tourney is closer, but I'm hoping we'll get around 70. Again, I'm not sure yet.

linkfanumber1

Smash Rookie
That sounds GREAT. Well if theres gonna be around 70 people then you can defintaly count me in. I'll bring a TV, 2 game cubes and a copy of Smash if ya need me to.

The_Brownguy

Smash Ace
Their is a deodorant rule. You need to bring it to get in. so if you stink at any point during the weekend we can make you freshen up

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
im gonna be in the shower with the girls yo holla

cause im #1 check the ranks son lolz

malk knows he has got to change the rule all females use the showers cause i play game and watch

also vzakat i will 1$ mm you in many dittos as well.

Top Bottom