• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moving Off to Collage: I Knew This Day Would Come!

KloudMunky

Smash Cadet
In three days, I will move away from my home town of Hot Springs, Arkansas to Shelby, North Carolina. My computer has already been packed up in a box. (I'm posting from a computer at an internet cafe.) I've taken the liberty to change my location ahead of time.

About a year ago I graduated from high school. We were all cheering and having a good time. All of my friends then suddenly moved away to go to collage. I decided to stay in my hometown for another year to think about what I'm gonna do with my life and to relax. I felt like an Englishman. (It's a British custom.)

And now that the year I had set aside has suddenly slipped out of my grasp, I've decided that I'm going to go to collage in North Carolina. (I will not say which one, as that could help psychopathic killers find me.) The three girls in my family are hysterical, while my dad simply says he's going to miss me and that it's going to feel wierd without me, not all the crying stuff like everyone else.

I'm in the process of packing all of my stuff right now, and I decided that I'd drive to the internet cafe I'm at to inform all you guys of this big change in my life. I think it feels strange to not have any friends to say goodbye to, but I do have one to bring with me: my dog, Hawk, a loyal, male, five-month-old Pembroke Welsh Corgi. (Please excuse me if I spelled that wrong.)

And so, as the internet cafe closes, a disturbing, exciting, and eagrly awaited question crosses my mind: Will my life ever be the same again? And, as if there's a second voice in my mind counteracts the other one, I hear: Not in a million years. I'll get to feel what it's like to sit out in the pouring rain cheering on your football team on game night, what it's like to never make it on time to an eight-a.m. class, and what its like to be a member of one of those nonstop collage dace parties. (I'm just crazy like that.)

So here's farewell to my family, my home, my school, my favorite tree. And here's hello to my collage, my job, my new home, and my life. (And maybe a hot girlfriend if I'm lucky! :chuckle:)

Exovel

Smash Ace
Man, I'm just not being original today... I couldn't even get past the fact that he said collage over and over.

Let me just say, in all honesty, that college has been the best time of my life. I've left my girl and my family hundreds of miles away... and I really do miss them all the time, but college is worth every minute. Some days it sucks so horribly bad that I wonder why I ever came to this stupid hole, but I get over it, I move on, and I realize once again that there is no better time than the one I'm having.

That is, as long as my Calc III test today doesn't eat my soul.

diabetic_yoshi

Smash Apprentice
Are you studying Englesh at Collage?
Maybe he has an affected Englesh accent, ala Wesker in RE: Umbrella Chronicles. "Zombayyys":laugh:

College is great for me. Working to pay for it, however, is not.

Anyway, get ready to enjoy what will most certainly be the best years in your life.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Say hello to the funnest years of your life. Just don't have too much fun, like I do.

diabetic_yoshi

Smash Apprentice
Say hello to the funnest years of your life. Just don't have too much fun, like I do.
I wonder what you mean by that. ;)

"Fun" for me right now is the usual pop culture quips and smartass comments I put into my papers and seeing if my professors even notice or care about them. I alluded to a certain speech about milkshakes and I got -->:)<-- right next to it. Good times.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I drink too much alcohol. :)

Also, I've gotten way into theater. I'm doing two shows and a few theater classes, leaving all my other classes to fail. :p

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Xsyven is a real rebel. Just take a look at his rebel-beard.

whaahppnd

Smash Journeyman
college is fun! especially the first year; you learn a lot (about everything)

diabetic_yoshi

Smash Apprentice
I drink too much alcohol. :)

Also, I've gotten way into theater. I'm doing two shows and a few theater classes, leaving all my other classes to fail. :p
Yup. Theater and beer. A deadly combo I've seen many a college student succumb to.

In all seriousness to TC, drink, have fun, just don't be a ******* about it. Drinking at parties is nice to do and all, just don't be that one POS guy that always finds my shoes the perfect place to vomit. He always wakes up with a swollen cheek in the morning.

Top Bottom