• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moving Laser Final Smash

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
It seems that by the trailer, Samus' Final Smash has been edited. It now moves, from right I saw it's a horizontal version of Lucario's Final Smash. Most likely, she will keep the form change part of it. What are your opinions on it and how do you expect it to be effective? I'll add more as soon as more info is revealed.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah it does seem to move now. But it also looks a bit smaller too.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
yea, I noticed that, too, it might also do less damage, too, but I'm not positive.

Eh, I wouldn't take damage into consideration just yet. After all, Megaman's Flame Pillar does 43% as of right now. That seems like a bit much for a smash attack. While Mario's Fireball seems to do a bit less damage compared to the other games. So the Zero Laser(or Hyper Beam)sheer power might not be finalized just yet.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
From what I've seen, she could already do that in Brawl though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
From what I've seen, she could already do that in Brawl though.

Well at the very least, it seems more mobile in SSBU. Also, seeing her not turn into Zero Suit Samus makes me happier than it should have. Like, a lot happier.

Gilius Thunderhead

Smash Apprentice
Well at the very least, it seems more mobile in SSBU. Also, seeing her not turn into Zero Suit Samus makes me happier than it should have. Like, a lot happier.
Well for the record the trailer switched to Mario and Bowser's fight before Samus' final smash was over so she could still transform like before and they're just not showing it yet.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Well for the record the trailer switched to Mario and Bowser's fight before Samus' final smash was over so she could still transform like before and they're just not showing it yet.
oh he was talking about the hack in the vid posted, I actually liked the ZSS transformation, at least it isn't wasting a special move.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I'd like it better if Samus and ZSS were two different Characters Slots.
ZSS getting a better FS, of course.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
This seriously needs to happen. Neither ZSS nor Samus players like being shackled to the other character.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
This seriously needs to happen. Neither ZSS nor Samus players like being shackled to the other character.

What do you mean by shackled?

I must be in the minority, because I at least like having the ZSS option through Taunt button mashing. And I seriously hope that by mashing it while in ZSS, I can go back to Power Suit form.

OH, you must mean that after the Final Smash you are forced to play as ZSS/Samus?
If that's the case, then yeah, I dislike forcing transformations on you (see: Pokemon Trainer's switch cycle, and fatigue system).

But I would really love the OPTION to turn from one to the other to remain via up+down+up in the D-pad.

Regarding the "Zero Laser", I hope they iron out that annoying bug where if you execute it while on air, Samus falls like a brick and dies before the final smash is even out. Happens to me more times than not.

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
Well after seeing some gameplay from Nintendo Land I'm thinking maybe Zero Suit Samus's final smash could have her space ship come down and shoot the other players!

I do support having them in two seperate slots, ZSS should be faster and more of a grapple-y character while Samus is stronger and more versitile (bombs, lasers, ect.)

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I'd much rather remain as Samus after using the FS, but that won't be relevant in tournament scenes anyway, so it's nothing to worry about. One thing I would like to happen is for Samus to be stronger than ZSS. It doesn't make any sense for a character in battle armor to be weaker than if she wasn't wearing any.

TheAccursedHunter01

Smash Apprentice
I REALLY hope that Samus and ZSS as separate characters. I always hated being forced to play as ZSS. Since we didn't get to see until the end of Samus' final smash, I'm hoping it lasts a little longer than what was shown, cause that was 2-3 seconds tops. ZSS NEEDS a new Final Smash, cause let's face it, Samus putting her clothes back on isn't that threatening of a move(even though it's basically a one hit kill if it hits). Also, what if people want to play as ZSS? I'm pretty sure they'd want a unique final smash and not changing characters.

Having her ship make a few bombing runs across the stage, or if Snake isn't in Smash 4, ZSS could get into her ship and have it shoot missiles at players like Snake did with his Final Smash. Samus could call in her ship using an earpiece perhaps, and then the ship could swoop in from the top right of the screen and hover at the top of the stage. Right as the ship makes its approach, Samus lands on it, and then the ship flies off screen to the right and then the view switches to what is similar to the cockpit view from Prime 3. You can see some of the interior and the crosshairs from when Samus activates her ship's weapons in Prime 3.

Think of it like Radec's Level 3 Super from PS Allstars: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boczJRNLI6I. I'm not sure which ship they could use for this other than the Prime 3 ship or the ship from Super/Other M. The only other thing I can think of as an alternate Final Smash for ZSS is have her overload her pistol kind like ROB's Final Smash, but that sounds kinda lame.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I REALLY hope that Samus and ZSS as separate characters. I always hated being forced to play as ZSS. Since we didn't get to see until the end of Samus' final smash, I'm hoping it lasts a little longer than what was shown, cause that was 2-3 seconds tops. ZSS NEEDS a new Final Smash, cause let's face it, Samus putting her clothes back on isn't that threatening of a move(even though it's basically a one hit kill if it hits). Also, what if people want to play as ZSS? I'm pretty sure they'd want a unique final smash and not changing characters.

Having her ship make a few bombing runs across the stage, or if Snake isn't in Smash 4, ZSS could get into her ship and have it shoot missiles at players like Snake did with his Final Smash. Samus could call in her ship using an earpiece perhaps, and then the ship could swoop in from the top right of the screen and hover at the top of the stage. Right as the ship makes its approach, Samus lands on it, and then the ship flies off screen to the right and then the view switches to what is similar to the cockpit view from Prime 3. You can see some of the interior and the crosshairs from when Samus activates her ship's weapons in Prime 3.

Think of it like Radec's Level 3 Super from PS Allstars: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boczJRNLI6I. I'm not sure which ship they could use for this other than the Prime 3 ship or the ship from Super/Other M. The only other thing I can think of as an alternate Final Smash for ZSS is have her overload her pistol kind like ROB's Final Smash, but that sounds kinda lame.
By separate you mean that she can be selected at the start like Sheik but you can switch her to normal Samus, just not with the Final Smash? If it is that agree with you.

Hoboman5000

Smash Cadet
I think it's interesting that the beam can move now, idk if it did so before in brawl, but maybe if the damage is nerfed I'd be okay with it.

Top Bottom