• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Moveset Thread - [COMPLETE]

FGC-Oni

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FGC-Oni
3DS FC
0430-8323-9211
Finally got around to doing this! You should be able to get the idea. Everything after the Nair depends on your opponent and what they may be able to do, but there isn't much time for them to make an informed decision of how to respond, so following up isn't difficult. Some characters can just get grabbed outright, but Spin Dash can help with frame trapping.

These aren't true combos are they? Inherent on opponents DI?

RudyTutti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rudy16100
3DS FC
4339-3054-4932
I'm having trouble with Sonic's DDP. Like I can't get the timing down properly for the Foxtrots. Any tips or methods for learning this?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
:GCR:
:GCR::GCL:
:GCL:
:GCL::GCR:

Rinse repeat.

Basically, do a foxtrot, wait for the movement to stop and right before the foxtrot stance starts going back to neutral, hit the direction you're facing then immediately hit the opposite direction as fast as possible.

Once you find the rhythm, it's easy.

:093:

Myst_R

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ellyde

Rinse repeat.

Basically, do a foxtrot, wait for the movement to stop and right before the foxtrot stance starts going back to neutral, hit the direction you're facing then immediately hit the opposite direction as fast as possible.

Is this technique really usefull with Sonic ? As he has a long foxtrot

RudyTutti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rudy16100
3DS FC
4339-3054-4932
User was warned for this post

Rinse repeat.

Thanks!

And yeah. I've seen Sonics like Espy use it well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yes. If you catch any of my matches, I use it all the time.

Sonic is twice the speed of the second fastest character in the game. We should be taking full advantage of this.

Ax^2

SANIC SPED
NNID
BlueBlur97
Finally got around to doing this! You should be able to get the idea. Everything after the Nair depends on your opponent and what they may be able to do, but there isn't much time for them to make an informed decision of how to respond, so following up isn't difficult. Some characters can just get grabbed outright, but Spin Dash can help with frame trapping.

Wait wait hold up... what? Damn good technique. Im gonna keep on practicing this one.

2fast

Smash Journeyman
I'm an old Project M Sonic main and I've been messing around with Sm4sh Sonic a lot lately and I thought I would let the Sonics know that you can shield drop out of Sonics side-b charge.

You can check out My Smash Corners video on how to shield drop out of special moves here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryfhRB_xihA&app=desktop

It doesn't list Sonic as one of the characters that can shield drop out of any of his special moves but I have been in the lab with Sonic for hours upon hours practicing his shield drop out of side-b charge and I can confirm 100% that he can indeed shield drop out of it.

I don't see it recorded anywhere that Sonic can do this but as an avid Sonic main in PM that wanted to push his meta forward back then, I though I would share this tidbit of info with the Sm4sh Sonic mains :)

If it's already been recorded somewhere in another thread that Sonic can shield drop out of his side-b than I apologize in advance for posting this. If requested I can record a video real quick, I'm just not at home atm.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I think Bam showcased it in a video as well.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208

Myst_R

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ellyde
Ok, I just needed a sparkle of hope and you just gave it to me ;p

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I assume that with time every character will have this.

jaimex2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jaimex2
Last edited by a moderator:

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
This thread is quite easily my favorite here. Seriously, the stuff going through here has helped my game tremendously.
And on top of all that, that BSBS video is fantastic! I let my Sm4sh circle take a look at it (though most of them don't care for Sonic for the usual reasons) and even they agree that its silly business.
This is great, keep up the good work guys!

I'd love to know how they get the hitboxes. ...
Were pretty much last on the list. http://smashboards.com/threads/hitbox-visualization-compilation.432936/
Dang it. I've been waiting for Sonic's hitbox range data for a long time already.

Last edited:

jaimex2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jaimex2
Anyone else using UAir auto cancels to kill landing lag to nothing?

You need to use it at most 3 frames before hitting the ground and you'll be immediately able to input.

Works as a better option than teching the ground if you are out of hit stun. Most tech chases can then be countered.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I do that quite often, actually. Just toss it out before I land. Also puts a hitbox out there which can be better than nothing.

I know Sonic has a really tricky timing where he can land with no lag before the full animation even comes out, but it's like a 2-4 frame window.

MeteorSpike

Smash Cadet
For Springing Headbutt's frame data, it says "Hits on frame... 1~2 (startup); 3~9 (mid); 10~28 (peak)"
Does Springing Headbutt literally come out on frame 1?
If so, then wouldn't that make it one of the game's best escape options?
(also side question, do any of Sonic's custom UpB's have any intangibility like the default?)

Rucent

Only strive for first place.
I'm having trouble with Sonic's DDP. Like I can't get the timing down properly for the Foxtrots. Any tips or methods for learning this?
I am glad you are learning this Rudy. Is it because of my extensive use of it at ViaPort? LMAO

I feel like DDP (Dash Dance Pivots) is a very under utilized movement option, especially with Sonic mains.

RudyTutti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rudy16100
3DS FC
4339-3054-4932
I am glad you are learning this Rudy. Is it because of my extensive use of it at ViaPort? LMAO

I feel like DDP (Dash Dance Pivots) is a very under utilized movement option, especially with Sonic mains.
LMBO!! Honestly I really felt like I needed to balance out my play style and become more aggressive. So learning this is definitely gonna help with that! My main problem now is just the utilizing this technique in the right situations.

Last edited:

Rucent

Only strive for first place.
Well, I like using it mostly as a means to bait out actions and figure out patterns. I DDP towards the opponent just outside of their attack range then back then back in if they throw something out I could punish. I can choose to stay out and keep neutral going. I sometimes cross up with it, to see what they do (attack, shield, roll) and then do whatever after. I mix this along with DD'ing, Run Shields, Walking, Running, and the Spins so I can constantly be mixing up. Spacing and Mix Ups are so important if you choose to go aggressive.

To help out with spacing it, figure out every character's general attack range. Figure out what your opponent likes to do when you go in and change it every time to benefit yourself.

Top Bottom