• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moves worth copying?

Metal_man69

Smash Cadet
I've been playing kirby quite a bit lately and I was just wondering what moves are worth copying. So far from my experiences the only ones that have been useful were: Samus' Beam, Doc's Pills, and Falco's Laser. The rest seemed inferior to the swallow ( I love Swallowcides :laugh: ). Are there any others worth copying?

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I've always been partial to Zelda's Nayru's Love when I play as her, and I like it when I'm kirby too, Jigglypuff's Rollout is good as a surprise tactic, Marth's Shieldbreaker and Roy's Flare Blade are like aerial chargeable smashes, and Mario's Fireballs aren't bad. I've always thought that those are pretty good too.

As far as looking awesome goes, G&W Kirby looks awesome, and Roy Kirby is my best because he has hair!

kirbstir

Smash Lord
Just keep in mind that Kirby can steal the Falcon Punch and do dair to Falcon Punch combo on CF at 333%

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
thats my favorite combo in the game.

anyways, shiek, samus, doc, falco, mewtwo, bowser are ones that come to mind that are worth copying, the swordsman ones suck horribly because of an incredible lack of range, and if you are looking for an "arial smash attack" just use up or back air if you can land that piece of crap marth/roy sword you can land those arials lol...

yeah i dunno, obviously bowser is my favorite copy XD

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
falco and doc are the best because SHTL and pill spam made easy. kirby can do most of the tricks doc can with pills. And peaches toad move is great for flying back onto the edge after the 15th spammed dsmash to counter the turnips.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I was smacking around a Marth at the last TANG with a copied Shield Breaker. I hit him so many times, I lost count. It felt good.

Fav copies:
Charge Beam, Laser, Needle Storm, Shadow Ball, Fire Breath, Rollout.

cllzzrd

Smash Apprentice
I like samus, fox, falco, and shiek. my favorat look for kirby's copied is shiek, because irby becomes Osama-bin-Kirby.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
Fox lasers suck because they have no stun and he has a reflector. You don't see foxes spamming their lasers for good reason, lag and impracticallity. Well, good foxes anyway.

iankobe

Smash Lord
The best character to copy is KIRBY HIMSELF! DUH...jk.

Anyway, I think Jiggly's is pretty good but its a gamble to use it in matches unless you hit.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
buttcrust said:
Fox lasers suck because they have no stun and he has a reflector. You don't see foxes spamming their lasers for good reason, lag and impracticallity. Well, good foxes anyway.
O.o i guess you've never seen a good campy fox before or soemthing lol

fox's blasters useless? haha you, sir, are insane.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Falco, Bowser, Mewtwo, Doc, Sheik, DK for usefulness. Sometimes i copy other characters because they look cool on kirby.

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
O.o i guess you've never seen a good campy fox before or soemthing lol

fox's blasters useless? haha you, sir, are insane.

I've yet to see his blaster result directly or indirectly in a KO so unless they go looking for a percent win it doesn't happen. If they do run away and fire lasers all the time, resort to my previously mentioned tactic.

If he just camps until you get there and then he combos you, it is your fault for getting comboed. Don't go flying in. Make an intelligent approach. If you're dumb enough to walk into his trap you deserve to lose.

And they certainly don't work well against Fox with Kirby.

Wayland

Smash Journeyman
DK? I don't like his that much. DK's got INCREDIBLE range to make up for lag, but Kirby's got the same lag with pathetic range. Personally, I'd f-tilt any day. Or even f-smash.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Fox's lasers always indirectly lead to a KO (as does any move that gives damage). That's why you see every fox using them.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
What I really dislike about the Fox Hat is how Fox's lasers can knock the hat off. This means you normally can't stall the match by hitting Fox's shine repeatedly with lasers, since they'll bounce back at you and eventually you'll be using Swallow.

I know stalling is disallowed in tournament matches, but it would be something fun to do in Friendlies. >:)

Buttcrust

Smash Ace
Fox's lasers always indirectly lead to a KO (as does any move that gives damage). That's why you see every fox using them.
No. Usually the 3-6 damage doesn't make a difference. With Fox's power and shine, they were gonna die anyway.

Plus by directly I mean kills them and by indirectly I mean sets up a kill by putting the opponent in a tough situation that you can capitalize on and get a kill.

Top Bottom