• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mount Dedede - His Majesty's Social Thread (Come in and Introduce Yourself!)

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
It's also kinda scary hearing the sounds he makes and knowing that Sakurai himself made those sounds, namely our star ko scream o.o
I wonder about that sometimes, myself!

I'm pretty sure they just filtered and edited the living crap out of it, but if Mr. Sakurai really made those noises all by himself, well then, more power to him!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I very much like the current voice and sounds our King uses as provided by the man himself.

Though, I sometimes wonder what it'd be like if he had his voice in the English dub of the anime, voiced by Ted Lewis....

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Uber...I recognize that tag. You ever go on FG dubs and fight someone with the tag 'Krys'?

Hatsune Scratch

Smash Rookie
Had a match with someone on Smash Ladder in a best of 5. This match hurt so much, but I had fun. r8 pls.
Also sorry for potato quality I only have 3DS and phone with low memory.

Last edited:

yagg

Smash Rookie
NNID
yagg_x
3DS FC
1950-9205-7858
Hi! i'm yagg, an amateur player from Galicia (Spain). I've been on this forum a long time ago, but now i'm gonna start to post ocassionally ;) Nice to meet you all.

Ekkie

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheGreatEK
I am Ekkie, for glory scrub and Dedede lover. I joined in the hope that I'd be able to find some sparring partners, so add me if you want. I don't have the best internet, but I'd like to think that I'm okay.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Unfortunately not me. I don't got the cash to do the big events. But I am applying to jobs now that I'm out of school, so I hope I'm able to travel in the future. :4dedede:

By the way I'm totally flattered that you tagged me before other, better Dedede players. ~

dreamastermind

Smash Cadet
Names dreamastermind. Been playing as King Dedede since brawl. Haven't been on the smashboards in years. I hated the changes to him at first, but now I love him more than the brawl version. Got 2nd Place out of 42 people at a tournament at Gencon with DDD. I hope to enter more cause this guy needs more attention.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Welcome newcomers.

Sadly, I won't be attending Smash events prolly for something like half a year. Taking a break until I can reliably attend events without feeling like a turd, and until I'm settled in elsewhere.

Smooth Criminal

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I don't recall how good our old fair was but I'm pretty sure it was better than our current one. Heck, it's our bair now though with possible damage/knockback/speed/range changes. Our current fair isn't exactly fast (like jab), ranged (like ftilt) or powerful like a lot of our other moves. Leaves a lot to be desired and you can't even sh it without landing lag.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Waddle Dee Toss, no question.
I really loved when Waddle Doo would patrol the battlefield and unleash his beam ability on enemies.

Good times.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Waddle Dee Toss, no question.
I really loved when Waddle Doo would patrol the battlefield and unleash his beam ability on enemies.

Good times.
Not gonna lie, even though I prefer Gordo Toss I do miss holding my foes as they helplessly get blasted by Waddle Doo's laser.

Ekkie

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheGreatEK
I just fought AceStarThe3rd online and got thoroughly wrecked. Reminds me of the time I got to play Zero online when I was still awful. I only used the king once though cause he was playing Wii Fit and I'm terrible at that matchup. So thats fun. I still have a long ways to go.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Do any of you guys ever look at fan tier lists, check where Dedede is and then just sorta feel bad for yourself?

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
The other mother boy is pretty good. Maybe you confused him with :4ness:?

Ekkie

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheGreatEK
@KingJames Just noticed you're from MI, as am I. Curious, do you know any other notable Dedede mains in this state?

weregoat

Smash Rookie
Obligatory introductory post. Just a poor southerner doing what i can to keep the King's peace.

TMJ_Jack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TMJ_Jack
Anyone think about how screwed it is that they actively showed that Dedede had been nerfed during a Direct? They said Dedede now only throws Gordo, and also anyone can use them against you btw lul
Pikachu has a meteor now! Kirby can charge his hammer! Pit has a special that can KO! Dedede has a projectile that can be used against him by any character! Lucario's aura is stronger!
At first, it was like every other veteran: this is how this character is different than before, but then they decided to show how Dedede could be potentially worse. I don't think any other character got that treatment. Anyone else think that's a little messed up?

Last edited:

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I'm really just thristing for those absolutely definit buffs we'll be getting with the Mario Maker Stage.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
I'm hoping for buffs but I'm not holding my breath for them. Personally don't see it happening, Dedede isn't a terribly popular character so I doubt they have too much data to work with versus some of the more popular characters (i.e. DK, Charizard, Greninja, Diddy, etc).

I fully intend to keep playing Dedede, but for some real talk - once I get back into competitive Smash (taking a break for life reasons, it's nothing serious though) I think I might switch mains for tournament play if he doesn't get buffed in a meaningful way. Take DK for example, he's still kind of a middling character but simply by giving him a hoo-hah he has a viable way to rack up damage and take stocks. Which is going to suck a bit because Dedede is still clearly my strongest character but eh...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I might not be in the competitive scene, but I'd never switch mains anyhow.

I do hope he gets some buffs sooner or later, nonetheless.

TMJ_Jack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TMJ_Jack
Buffs or nah, I'm sticking to Dedede. I do want him to be buffed though. Unless there's some ultra secret tech that Mash Potato Samurai hid deep within the meta, Dedede is fairly low-tier and has been neglected in terms of buffing. There are plenty of viable and non game-breaking buffs possible. For example, slip a couple extra frames of hit box between hits of the jab just so we can't be grabbed between first and second hit. Maybe remove some ending lag from the Gordo Toss or dsmash? Extra armor on the Super Dedede Jump?

Top Bottom