• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

motivation?

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
It's because Sheik players can think a little more quickly because of her ability to slow the game down to the players speed.
Fox and Falcon literally can't slow it down, their only option is to speed it up.

Imo everyone is mad because Sheik is too good.

fred_

Smash Rookie
Just play your own game. Make her fun and try win with your own fun style.

dude it's raining

Smash Journeyman
What motivated me to learn ATs and mindgames and stuff was so that I could be a good training partner during friendlies with the guys who are serious with the game. So I guess my whole motivation to improve is to quit being a noob. Rite now I'm sorta thinking about going back and finding those noob (i.e. "gay") tactics that I swore I'd quit using, b/c I figure now it's better to have options, and that's what it's more about.

Drephen

Smash Master
You know that feeling when you are chaingrabbing someone and they like freak out on their controller while you are there all clam and collected. Those are the feeling i jack off to every single morning

TKD

Smash Lord
I actually have this problem too. Even though I could get WC's best players to last game last stock as Sheik after only like 3~4 months of playing Melee again, and playing her super competitively in tournament feels amazing, I always felt like, when playing friendlies (the single best way to improve), I was bringing everyone else down, and that negative energy rubbed onto me.

I switched to Fox and am having lots of fun. At least people now, for some reason, actually validate and give me props for my Fox gameplay even for things that aren't difficult/impressive. Melee life, baby!

Last edited:
Top Bottom