• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Eh, a genderbent Rosalina wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if done right. :V

I don't know if it's just me, but the legs look quite short there.

Anyway, it really isn't wrong for a girl to dress up like a boy, as some girls prefer suits (such as tuxedos) over dresses. But seeing a boy dress up like a girl can be very weird, if not disturbing.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Anyway, it really isn't wrong for a girl to dress up like a boy, as some girls prefer suits (such as tuxedos) over dresses. But seeing a boy dress up like a girl can be very weird, if not disturbing.
I...don't see how that makes sense.

I mean I'm not transgender myself or anything but at this point I don't see why anyone should have to limit what they where as long as it's appropriate to the context they are in. Humans should be at a point where we aren't disturbed by something as trivial as how another person dresses.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Looks like battle armor at most to me, but still, she looks pretty stunning and beautful in that outfit. Not going to lie XD Way better than a male wearing a cosplay of Rosalina.
Females should stick with the cosplay while the men stay away from them because it doesn't look right and makes me shake my head.
Isn't this like , a little harsh?

At the end of the day , people do whatever they want. Some men pull extremely great cosplays , whether is a male or female character ; while some others that look ''bad'' are mostly joking about it.

It's really dissapointing , to add limits to what people ''can'' or ''cannot'' do just because ''insert something here''.

Like i would never dress up like a Goth or a rocker but if one day i say ''what the hell'' and do it , then more power to me , since everybody is capable to do anything they want as long as they feel confortable in their own skin.

Anyway, it really isn't wrong for a girl to dress up like a boy, as some girls prefer suits (such as tuxedos) over dresses. But seeing a boy dress up like a girl can be very weird, if not disturbing
Depends on what you are talking about.

But that's just society and their double standards. Gotta love when people use them.

Men cannot wear pink , Women cannot work in Construction areas.

Hilarious , when people use Double standards it reminds me of the 90's somehow , is like we aren't in 2015.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Isn't this like , a little harsh?

At the end of the day , people do whatever they want. Some men pull extremely great cosplays , whether is a male or female character ; while some others that look ''bad'' are mostly joking about it.

It's really dissapointing , to add limits to what people ''can'' or ''cannot'' do just because ''insert something here''.

Like i would never dress up like a Goth or a rocker but if one day i say ''what the hell'' and do it , then more power to me , since everybody is capable to do anything they want as long as they feel confortable in their own skin.
I didn't mean it like that XD What I meant is that to me, seeing a man wearing a cosplay of a female character is like seeing that character turning into a man and that it doesn't looks right and looks weird, too. If they do it and want to or like it, then its their choice and more power to them.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Isn't it better to just merging the 2 posts than just warning me?

The warn is deserved , then again why is still the double post there? -_-

Edit: Now it shows up , that's better.

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
R63 Rosalina name eh?

Well, her Japanese name is Rosetta, presumably romanticized to sound better on western ears and Italian sounding to boot. Rosetta is a type of orbit that an object would theoretically take when approaching a black hole. Also the name of a 2004 European space craft that was sent to a comet named after the Rosetta Stone. On it is a lander called Philae with similar naming roots to its mothership. By this we could take the name Philae, but it would most likely be romanticized into Philip or something similar. I'd go with an Italian take on the name, Filippo.

Making it "Filippo, Guardian of the Stars". Not a bad ring to it.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Her italian name ain't Rosalina, tho, it's Rosalinda, and it's kind of gimmicky to explain
In English it's not translated as Rosalina, but as Rosaline
The Spanish and Portoguese equivalent is actually Rosalina
However, only American Spanish and Portoguese use Rosalina, European Spanish uses Estela.
Shakespare used both Rosalind and Rosaline, the latter however got translated back as Rosalina.
For what concerns the name itself, it is a fusion of the names Rosa and Linda, names that literally mean Rose and Beautiful respectively.
Out of those three, Rosa is the only one with a male variant, wich is Roso, Rosino, Rosetto, or Rosalino.
So I'd say that a male variant of Rosie is
Rosalino, Roso for short.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I think Sonicbrawler got it right though , since Ross is an actual name and works

Rosetto , Rosalino , Roso , Rosalin etc... are not only non-existent , they sound bad and just pulling the ''o'' in place of the ''a'' doesn't make it better.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Rosetto , Rosalino , Roso , Rosalino etc... are not only non-existent , they sound bad and just pulling the ''o'' in place of the ''a'' doesn't make it better.
Believe it or not, that's literally all it takes to turn a name from female to male most of the time.
And Rosalino does indeed exist, I can't really say that they don't sound bad though, as the same one named like this took the pseudonym of Ron.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
It's not that simple in many cases.

Names like Mario can be turned into Maria , which is not even a english name (the english way of Maria is Mary)

Rosalina itself is a very femenine name , it derives from Rose , a flower ; It's literally not correct to just add a letter to make it ''manly'' since the name itself derives from something someone would consider femenine or for girls.

Daisy to Daiso??? I don't think so

Alice to Alico?? Isn't even the same pronuntiation.

And so on , it's not always that simple and therefore incorrect.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Hey, you're getting too far in this names thing, just call it Romeo. Like Rosalina & Romeo.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The thing is though, Rosalino literally is the male equivalent to Rosalina in this case.

Male equivalents aren't always as simple as adding an "o" at the end, but in this case, it is.

Calling her "Ross" was just a joke on my part.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
So, heya Rosaboyz.

It took a lot of soul searching and experimenting, but now Rosa has become one of my mains along with Kirby and Villager. So yeah, hope we have fun times haha.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So, heya Rosaboyz.

It took a lot of soul searching and experimenting, but now Rosa has become one of my mains along with Kirby and Villager. So yeah, hope we have fun times haha.
Welp, you are now officially one of the "Rosaboyz"

And "we're going to have fun with this thing!" :wolf:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The thing is though, Rosalino literally is the male equivalent to Rosalina in this case.

Male equivalents aren't always as simple as adding an "o" at the end, but in this case, it is.

Calling her "Ross" was just a joke on my part.
To add to this, Latias and Latios worked out just fine, and they existed before Rosalina came to existence.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I prefer the term "CHIKO BOYS" for a Rosalina fan moniker.

"Mama's Boys" could also be a fun one. :p

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Oooo. Nintendo Direct on my Birthday. It starts 9am Friday where I am. my 18th is on Friday the 13th.

I also had my Formal Dinner last night (Think of it as a final get together for the year and teachers) The entrees was weird, and for dinner we had a choice of Chicken or Beef, both were pretty nice but has weird sauce. Then I had a piece of cake that had the names of my entire year and a picture of my year group. We also had professional photographer and a photo booth, both of which we could use for free.

On a side note, today is rememberance day, On the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month, we take a moments silence to remember our Fallen soldiers, its basically ANZAC Day 2.0 (Australian & New Zealand Army Corps)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oooo. Nintendo Direct on my Birthday. It starts 9am Friday where I am. my 18th is on Friday the 13th.

I also had my Formal Dinner last night (Think of it as a final get together for the year and teachers) The entrees was weird, and for dinner we had a choice of Chicken or Beef, both were pretty nice but has weird sauce. Then I had a piece of cake that had the names of my entire year and a picture of my year group. We also had professional photographer and a photo booth, both of which we could use for free.

On a side note, today is rememberance day, On the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month, we take a moments silence to remember our Fallen soldiers, its basically ANZAC Day 2.0 (Australian & New Zealand Army Corps)
Sounds like a pretty extravagant graduation.

My mates and I just went to a pub. The night didn't go so well for me though because of a certain thing that happened.

EDIT:

WHEN WILL WE GET MORE OF BEST CAT THO???

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Sounds like a pretty extravagant graduation.

My mates and I just went to a pub. The night didn't go so well for me though because of a certain thing that happened.

EDIT:

WHEN WILL WE GET MORE OF BEST CAT THO???

Its wasn't really the graduation, the formal is more comparable to a Prom I think, they had mock awards and stuff, it happens all over Australia I think, NSW anyway. I actually Graduated a while ago, for some reason, we do our final HSC exams after Graduation.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Wait, that's the Japanese version of the Super Mario Maker box? Neat how they made it horizontal kinda like a giant Famicom box. Strange how the box is the main thing that catches my attention, but I like boxes. I have quite a few of them.

Waterwraith

Smash Cadet
Man, I like Rosalina a lot. She's one of my favorite characters. Thats why I wish she wasn't so badly designed and op in this game. I just don't have fun playing as her and it makes my friends mad since they have such a hard time with her. I wish the'd nerf her so I could enjoy the character without dominating everyone with her weird design choices. :\

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Man, I like Rosalina a lot. She's one of my favorite characters. Thats why I wish she wasn't so badly designed and op in this game. I just don't have fun playing as her and it makes my friends mad since they have such a hard time with her. I wish the'd nerf her so I could enjoy the character without dominating everyone with her weird design choices. :\
On the contrary, Rosalina is not as broken as one would claim her to be, especially once you look at the match-up scores.

Waterwraith

Smash Cadet
On the contrary, Rosalina is not as broken as one would claim her to be, especially once you look at the match-up scores.
No I'm pretty sure she is. Even if she's not broken she's too annoying to fight compared to other characters. its honestly baffling how she's designed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom