• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I Think people need to stop behaving like Rosalina goes in a ''skill'' or technique type of play.

Rosalina is pretty much a Power type , and hopefully will continue to be .

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I mean realistically Rosalina could fit under any of the classes in this game and they could change her class as they have done before with other characters in these types of games. And there is the fact this is a SEGA developed game so it's open for different interpretations than past Mario spin-offs that feature Rosalina.

It's just odd to me that people assume other characters would be Power before her when she has an established history of being Power.

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Swap Rosalina and Eggman Nega and it's good.

Eggman Nega is pretty much Eggman's "Shadow" and is physically the same as him, there is no reason why he would be Power while Eggman is in Technical.

Meanwhile Rosalina has an established history of being Power/Heavy in games so I don't see why she would suddenly be different here, while someone like Eggman Nega is Power.
I would agree, except for the fact that the roster is in even numbers and I should hope that it means that for each series there are 5 in each category. Believe me, I wanted to predict her as a power character, but I didn't see anywhere else Dry Bowser could have gone. Then again, this is developed by SEGA, so they may not be eye to eye with Nintendo in character placement and have shown to put in characters in random categories to make it fit (Daisy).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I would agree, except for the fact that the roster is in even numbers and I should hope that it means that for each series there are 5 in each category. Believe me, I wanted to predict her as a power character, but I didn't see anywhere else Dry Bowser could have gone. Then again, this is developed by SEGA, so they may not be eye to eye with Nintendo in character placement and have shown to put in characters in random categories to make it fit (Daisy).
If that's the case, then Roy doesn't stand out to me as someone who would be Power so he could be Technical instead. Unless they decide to be silly and have one Koopaling per class.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here's my take on the character types...

Team Mario
All-Around | Skill | Speed | Power
Mario | Peach | Yoshi | Wario
Luigi | Daisy | Diddy Kong | Donkey Kong
Birdo | Waluigi | Bowser Jr. | Bowser
Rosalina | Dry Bones | Nabbit | Dry Bowser
Ludwig | Wendy | Larry | Roy
Team Sonic
All-Around | Skill | Speed | Power
Amy | Tails | Sonic | Knuckles
Blaze | Dr. Eggman | Shadow | Vector
Rouge | Silver | Metal Sonic | E-123 Omega
Wave | Cream | Espio | Zazz
Eggman Nega | Sticks | Jet | Zavok

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Actually there's nothing random for Daisy being a Speed character. Daisy is always regarded as being more athletic than Peach , and her game is always aimed more for her physical abilities rather than focusing on a more strategic game , like Peach.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The main dilemma is just balancing out the character types; for an example, each Koopaling would represent each type. Daisy can always be one of the faster Skill characters. As for Rosalina, putting her in All-Around would make the most sense, since Dry Bowser and Roy seem better suited to be Power characters.

If you're wondering about Zazz, I placed his as a Power-type, since he's strong enough to easily carry a massive moon during his fights against Sonic. He could also be portrayed as the fastest Power character, but to counter this, his skill attribute would be among the worst of any character.

I also put Eggman Nega as an All-Around character so that he would excel better at events where Dr. Eggman would normally struggle at; Eggman Nega would excel a bit less at Dr. Eggman's best events though.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
i still disagree considering that there's no real reason on why 2 Koopalings shouldn't be in 1 class.

The fact that there's consistency in the classes since the first game also makes it look out of place.

Why Dry Bowser would be in the Power category tho? Even After Rosalina was clearly put in that category in Ultra Smash while Dry Bowser was not , and instead kept the one from Open.

Daisy changing classes just to favor Diddy Kong or a Koopaling is just not likely.

Wave as all round? Shouldn't she be in the Speed category?

The only thing im looking forward to is , that Rosalina would represent the Power category as the Only female in such.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
In regards to Roy, my reasoning for putting him in the Power category does come from the fact that he can create tremors that stun Mario if he's ever on the ground. Additionally, in Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition, Roy can easily 1-hit KO the player if he attacks, which further proves his strength.

Dry Bowser is Power, since he is Bowser's undead counterpart. Maybe a bit weaker in power, but Dry Bowser could make that up with a strong stamina stat.

I put Wave in All-Around, since Speed would have to be covered by Espio and Jet (both of which are speed-oriented characters), and she is on the stronger side when compared to Tails and Cream (which is shown in Sonic Riders).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wave should be Skill, as she was Tails' intellectual rival in Sonic Riders. Like how Jet was Sonic's speed rival.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So apparently , this sucks...

Characters are limited when it comes to sports , again , which means you will only get to play as certain characters during certain sports. And unfortunately , it appears that Rosalina will only be playable in the gymnastics event. This applies for the 3DS version.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/249385-mario-sonic-at-the-rio-2016-olympic-games-more-3ds-footage-d

...WHAAAAT?

When did they start doing that? That's completely stupid.

I hope they don't do this in the Wii U version. London and Sochi didn't do this in the console versions as far as I'm aware.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Yep , i knew it couldn't be perfect. It was just too good to be true.

This will be a contrast to the Wii U version , i assume , just like it is in the London games.

I told all of you many times, that's why i hated the 3DS london games with a passion, if anybody cares to remember they did the same thing in that game , it's just too stupid.

I should have known though , Rosalina's text in yellow matches one of Daisy's meaning both participate in that sport , just like the page states , with Daisy (and Peach) participating in 2 and Rosalina in just 1.

Also in the Wii U footage we can clearly See characters like Rogue Playing other sports , so it's not exclusive.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I only played a demo of London so I didn't know about this. The demo does make you play as different characters for different events but I assumed it was just for the demo...

...I'll honestly skip the 3DS version then and maybe look up any dialogue Rosalina might have in the Adventure Mode (which she won't have much of since it focuses on Miis).

Hopefully the Wii U version has more going for it.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
It also doesn't make any sense that Peach doesn't get to participate in the Gymnastics event

That's a real shock tbh. Peach is ''the face'' of the Ribbon Dance event and the Figure Skating event , it doesn't make sense they suddenly skip that.

But the worst is that Rosalina is just playable in this one event, i mean of all the events just this one? Such a turn off.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina isn't alone though, since the four playable Koopalings are limited to only one event as well.

Also in the Wii U footage we can clearly See characters like Rogue Playing other sports , so it's not exclusive.
I think you've messed up that statement there; character restrictions sound like a 3DS-exclusive thing.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Here's her new render for the game in a higher quality.

View attachment 89804
If you or anyone wonders about the name, it's actually her Japanese name. Like the Luma, as in Japanese, you would call it Chiko. Where does everyone gets these news from? I was hoping to be the one delivering them, but somehow you all manage to get on to some website? I mean, I couldn't just google "Rosalina in Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games" could I? No, it can't be that easy...

And I wonder if I'm the only one on Smashboards who reads this comic:
This Rosalina and Daisy feud is still happening...

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
So in other words, the sports aren't version-exclusive, but the character restrictions are.
Seems like it , but it's likely that the 3DS version has less sports somehow since it's a handheld game.

As i stated before , they did the same in the other 3DS game (certain characters only will play certain sports). However they didn't do this in the First and Second DS games.

Which kinda upsets me.

In the console versions all characters are always able to play all the sports.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Probably because it wouldn't matched up anyway, though I would have at least wanted Lemmy and Zor...

Predictions for classes:

All Around:
Mario, Luigi, Bowser Jr, Ludwig, Birdo
Blaze, Amy, Sticks, Zazz, Cream

Speed:
Sonic, Shadow, Metal Sonic, Jet, Espio
Yoshi, Daisy, Nabbit, Larry, Diddy

Power:
Bowser, Wario, DK, Roy, Dry Bowser
Knuckles, Vector, Zavok, Omega, Eggman Nega

Technique:
Tails, Eggman, Silver, Wave, Rouge
Peach, Waluigi, Wendy, Dry Bones, Rosalina

Maybe shift around Larry and Wendy, Nega, Zazz, and Rouge, or something like that...
Rosalina is in Skill. She has good aim at target and can do some very good acrobatics.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Also seeing as Rosalina is exclusive to Gymnastics in the 3DS version, that probably means she WILL be a Technical class in the Wii U version.

Which is a damn shame. :\

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Also seeing as Rosalina is exclusive to Gymnastics in the 3DS version, that probably means she WILL be a Technical class in the Wii U version.

Which is a damn shame. :\
What does seem baffling is that if Boxing is for Power characters, then why aren't Wario and Vector playable in that event? It seems that the 3DS version doesn't sort anyone by character types at all.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Well they didn't in the London 3ds. Classes don't exist in that version.

There are just 5 categories with 4 characters each

Heroes , Tricksters , Girls and Wild Ones , oh and the ones called Challengers.

Lame but that's how it was.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
At least the Wii version of the London Olympic Games had character types, but since it IS a Wii title, all online services involved the Nintendo WFC, which has been discontinued.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Is it true about character being playable in a specific event? That happens in London 3DS and I didn't know why it was like that. That same thing could happen in the Rio 3DS, I mean what is the purpose of Rosalina being exclusive to only gymnastic? I hope the Wii U have character types... Shouldn't Rosalina be playble in more events so we can see more variety of clothing such as athletic and winter wear?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Is it true about character being playable in a specific event? That happens in London 3DS and I didn't know why it was like that. That same thing could happen in the Rio 3DS, I mean what is the purpose of Rosalina being exclusive to only gymnastic? I hope the Wii U have character types... Shouldn't Rosalina be playble in more events so we can see more variety of clothing such as athletic and winter wear?
Sadly, you'll just have to wait until the Wii U version gets released, since all the events in the 3DS version have character restrictions.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Rosalina is there, she's next to Mario, slightly crossing into the Sonic border.
Yike, I didn't notice that... my bad...
But still you can notice that some character's artworks are old ones, I hope we can see all of the character's new artwork soon.
London and Sochi didn't do this in the console versions as far as I'm aware.
Aw man... this just sucks, looks like I overrrated this game a bit. But unlike Sochi, which didn't even release 3DS version for somewhat reason.
On a different subject, I came across another neat drawing...

Wow, a M&L Dream Team Rosalina? Cool.
If you or anyone wonders about the name, it's actually her Japanese name. Like the Luma, as in Japanese, you would call it Chiko. Where does everyone gets these news from? I was hoping to be the one delivering them, but somehow you all manage to get on to some website? I mean, I couldn't just google "Rosalina in Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games" could I? No, it can't be that easy...

And I wonder if I'm the only one on Smashboards who reads this comic:
This Rosalina and Daisy feud is still happening...
You are definitely not, I have watching this comic even before the release of Smash 4, it has been on a short hiatus which made me forgot about this comic.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I'd say my Christmas has been pretty eventful.

Horrible camera quality aside, I also got some digital games which were Mega Man 9, Mega Man 10, and Fast Racing NEO. And what's funny is that my black label Kingdom Hearts copy came with a red label Greatest Hits disc.
Aw yeah, that's my girl right there! <3 I think my heart stopped during the entirety of the video. She's so beautiful and looks amazing even on the 3DS! But it's still really dumb how they put character restrictions in that version which is unfortunate. Also, when was the last time we've actually seen Wii U footage? Oh, and of course, they have to shoehorn amiibo functionality into the game because.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I was gonna buy myself a PlayStation 4 for Christmas but decided to wait until after I file my tax returns to get it.

Aside from that, Christmas has been like any other day for me.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105

I discovered this on a twitter account... So here it is, I suppose, a Rosalina who doesn't like losing.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

I discovered this on a twitter account... So here it is, I suppose, a Rosalina who doesn't like losing.
It's a meme from Love-Live School Idol Project, my sister is a big fan of it.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105

Okay who's the tallest there...?
This is the best image I could've taken of Bayonetta's trailer where they're both standing on their feet (though Rosalina is about to touch the ground), because I'm really curious about that. She's the tallest woman in Smash for now, and the second tallest humanoid, will Bayonetta change something?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Okay who's the tallest there...?
This is the best image I could've taken of Bayonetta's trailer where they're both standing on their feet (though Rosalina is about to touch the ground), because I'm really curious about that. She's the tallest woman in Smash for now, and the second tallest humanoid, will Bayonetta change something?
I actually did a height comparison myself.

Rosalina still appears taller so far.

Bayonetta is barely taller than Shulk in her default stance at least.

Really I will be surprised/slightly annoyed if Bayonetta is taller than Rosalina since canonically, she isn't even as tall as Peach (and that's even with her huge heels).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom