• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
That was one hell of a presentation there. Corrin and Bayonetta looks great and I already know how awesome Cloud looks. I'm gonna wait until tomorrow to download him since it's my day off due to a doctor's appointment I'm going to.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'd like to announce that now that we've seen the conclusion of the DLC, I've set up a date for when the match-up discussions will be starting up again. The restart date is scheduled for 1/4/2016.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Great.
And I think it is a soft confirmation that Sakurai is biased towards FE series this time. I mean, Sakurai's interview about FE characters in Smash before. And heck, my FE brother once again got right....

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I am uncertain of Bayonetta's inclusion due to the reason I don't want her in Smash because of the rating. I mean what kind of person strips in her final smash for a kid to see? Fan-service has led Super Smash Bros. to the kingdom of eroticism, and Bayonetta's the queen. Cloud wore more appropriate clothes. I'm sorry if you find my opinion offensive, but I have the right to speak up. At this rate, might as well uncensor Rosalina's undergown galaxy and add a character from Scarlet Blade. Imagine it, a 9 years old buys DLC, parents walks in, takes explicit photos of Bayonetta, parents walks in, and reports Nintendo. Religious witchcraft in a kids game... "Hey kids! Let's play Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS with mature contents characters!" is the message I'm getting. Anyone with prove that Bayonetta is somehow transported to Smash 4, appropriately, I may or may not reconsider for what I've said. I'm not trying at all to bash Bayonetta's fan but, must you poach Bayonetta on a game for all age? I am truly disappointed, I mean, look at the children! We have to send them the right messages! Totally unexpected appearance is beyond the limits of how simple for a kids game. It just had to make an uncanny twist to the plot of Super Smash Bros. We are in dark, evil, sinister, devilish, hellish, violent days! Could our tortuous journey really fall? Can Barney save us all? Oh, the horror, I can't even breathe... Too much maturities. What is the meaning of this world? Are we people? My heart has been stabbed and shattered into a quintillion hundreds of small, fragile pieces. May god have mercy on my soul!! Anyway, I hope you all have a good day! #Bayonetta4Smash

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You know, I was rather curious about that Teen rating before the Direct started. Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U are rated E10+, so apparently there was something in that Direct that warranted the rating increase. Bayonetta was pretty much the reason.

All I can say is that if you don't want your kids to have nightmares, do NOT purchase Bayonetta.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
You know, I was rather curious about that Teen rating before the Direct started. Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U are rated E10+, so apparently there was something in that Direct that warranted the rating increase. Bayonetta was pretty much the reason.

All I can say is that if you don't want your kids to have nightmares, do NOT purchase Bayonetta.
Meanwhile , kids still playing gore games , Mortal Kombat , Five Nights at Freddie's and of course violent games like Call of Duty Black Ops whatever.

Love the double standards and hipocrisy. I find it really ironic to find those in this specific board , im not even joking.

Last edited:

TriTails

Smash Lord
Well, s***. I suppose my nightmare last night wasn't trolling me at all...

I mean, I dream of something.... disgusting last night. Now Smash 4's rating when up to T AND Bayonetta getting in? Lmao.

If any of you cares, my dream is connected to why Smash 4 rating went up. That's it. End of the story.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
While I won't be maining Bayonetta, I will play as her from time to time. Corrin, on the other hand, I might consider picking him up as a possible main. His inclusion got me even more excited for Fire Emblem Fates.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Meanwhile , kids still playing gore games , Mortal Kombat , Five Nights at Freddie's and of course violent games like Call of Duty Black Ops whatever.

Love the double standards and hipocrisy. I find it really ironic to find those in this specific board , im not even joking.
I guess the main problem is the fact that Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U are both given E10+ ratings. That alone should've denied the inclusion of characters from M-rated franchises.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
I found the original-sized artwork made for Corrin's introduction to the series, that has Rosalina in it. It's 3369 x 4750 pixels, look at how pretty it is. :)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I will say I was rather disappointed that Snake nor Wolf did not made it back as DLC. Of course, unlike most people, I was already prepared for something like that to happen so it's all good.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I will say I was rather disappointed that Snake nor Wolf did not made it back as DLC. Of course, unlike most people, I was already prepared for something like that to happen so it's all good.
I was only prepare of Bayonetta because of this comic that was post few days earlier.

Interestingly, way back before Smash 4 only release a few characters, there was one fake image that actually predicted every character including Bayonetta, except Chrom though.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I'm glad that Bayonetta is in the game. I did play the Bayonetta 2 demo and I love it. I'm just shocked and a little petrified (her final smash) that's all. One of her move I really love is the butterfly wing, which I think is her up special. What do you guys think of Rosalina and Bayonetta's MU? I especially love her slow walk...

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Bravo Sakurai! Standing ovation. You made THE absolute best games of this generation and your efforts have shown. All I wish to ask of you now is that will you please take a long, well-deserved vacation already? You more than deserve it.

Well, I didn't get my Ice Climbers, but you know, that's totally fine. I already knew their legacy would remain strong no matter what. And I told myself that I would be happy with whatever I would be shown. And I was right. I was surprised seeing Corrin, thinking he would be saved as a Smash 5 newcomer, but the way he was introduced in his trailer was absolutely hilarious to me. I'm honestly one of those few people who don't complain about the amount of sword wielding characters in this game. I mean, it's only 12 out of 58. Not that many. And I don't see anything wrong with six Fire Emblem reps in the game being tied with Pokémon. It doesn't bother me at all to see a franchise getting more representation when in the previous two games, they only had two characters in the roster. What I like about Corrin the most is that he/she is basically also a dragon. Those moves look so epic!

Seeing everything about Cloud looked amazing, but the saddest part about it is that I'm out of money. Hopefully I'll get some eShop money for Christmas so I can download him.

And the Ballot winner is... Bayonetta! The top realizable and negotiable character worldwide. This sure blew my expectations out of the water. Are these characters ones I was hoping for? No. Will I have loads of endless fun and enjoy the characters to the fullest? You bet I will! I won't be maining any of the DLC newcomers, but dang, Bayonetta's moveset will be so much fun!

I also like the detail in Corrin's poster that they put into Rosalina. She's gorgeous as always and I also like the details they put into the bottom of her dress. The white underneath making it look silky, slightly fluffy, and how it waves looks really nice.

All in all, I'm satisfied with this conclusion of Smash 4. It was a fun ride, but I'm kinda glad that the anticipation/hype phase of the game is over because I felt that I would have countless anxiety attacks if it were to continue. Now we can all enjoy the game for what it is and Sakurai can finally rest after the February releases. All hail Masahiro Sakurai!

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Kinda random , but did anybody else noticed that , in the secret ending of Super Mario Galaxy , when Rosalina says '' Thank You'' she doesn't sound like herself at all??? Did not remember that at all , but it doesn't really sound like Mercedes Rose :O

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'm glad that Bayonetta is in the game. I did play the Bayonetta 2 demo and I love it. I'm just shocked and a little petrified (her final smash) that's all. One of her move I really love is the butterfly wing, which I think is her up special. What do you guys think of Rosalina and Bayonetta's MU? I especially love her slow walk...
I'm pretty sure Bayonetta will be OP...
All in all, I'm satisfied with this conclusion of Smash 4.
I don't think anybody will be 100% satified about the Smash presentation, there wasn't any veteran return, which was really sad. But of course we really shouldn't be salty about not having the character you want in Smash.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm more concerned about Bayonetta being just as common online as Zero Suit Samus is after she comes out.

And about Sm4sh, I'm happy either way with how much of a masterpiece it turned out to be regardless of whether or not our most wanted veteran made it back. I'm satisfied for one main reason: Rosalina.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
All I can say is that Bayonetta needs to be a lightweight fighter to balance out her combo game. That way, if she messes up, opponents can take advantage of her mistakes better.

In other words, it would only feel right if Bayonetta's weight is tied with that of Mewtwo (72); this in return, would make Bayonetta lighter than even Rosalina, Kirby, and Mr. G&W, adding to the high risk, high reward dilemma that her battle style offers.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
All I can say is that Bayonetta needs to be a lightweight fighter to balance out her combo game. That way, if she messes up, opponents can take advantage of her mistakes better.

In other words, it would only feel right if Bayonetta's weight is tied with that of Mewtwo (72); this in return, would make Bayonetta lighter than even Rosalina, Kirby, and Mr. G&W, adding to the high risk, high reward dilemma that her battle style offers.
She would be surely a lightweight but only time will tell how much. When I first saw the trailer I though maybe a bit less than ZSS considering that the more her combos are charged the more start-up they have.
Moreover, Mewtwo is TOO light. It's a glass cannon, all glass and no cannon...

I think rage could mess her combos up, but it's too early to tell

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Found this on the Corrin social thread. It's Rosalina along with the rest of the women of Smash.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I'm pretty sure Bayonetta will be OP...

I don't think anybody will be 100% satified about the Smash presentation, there wasn't any veteran return, which was really sad. But of course we really shouldn't be salty about not having the character you want in Smash.
It was kind of a letdown that the last returning veteran was Roy of all characters. And he was leaked. Still not too shabby that I got two out of four of my most wanted cut veterans back. :4mewtwo::popo::4lucas::wolf:

Speaking of veterans, many people don't seem to realize or remember that it was basically our desire for the return of veterans that made DLC for Smash a thing in the first place. When Mewtwo was announced, people saw this as a perfect opportunity for the other remaining vets. As many as possible. Lucas was a reaffirmation of that hope. But when the Fighter Ballot was announced, this really divided the community because people saw this as an opportunity for other wanted newcomers and some companies campaigned for their characters' inclusions accordingly. Slowly, the overall wants for newcomers strongly outweighed the veteran votes. You hear people at the beginning say things like, "Awesome. With these characters returning, I really hope some of the other characters make it back too." Now you hear people say things like, "Why were people voting for veterans anyway? That's so boring." No wonder why the Smash fandom is often looked down upon. People just can't get along with one another.
I'm more concerned about Bayonetta being just as common online as Zero Suit Samus is after she comes out.

And about Sm4sh, I'm happy either way with how much of a masterpiece it turned out to be regardless of whether or not our most wanted veteran made it back. I'm satisfied for one main reason: Rosalina.
And Mega Man.:)

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
Let's not forget the date as today marks two years since Rosalina was revealed for Smash 4. :) It's still fun to look back at her reveal trailer. The complete lack of context at the beginning made it all so mind-boggling and I'll always remember how I felt watching it the first time.

There's a couple of funny things that happen in the gameplay portion of the trailer. Luma actually warps to Rosalina while she is being carried by Donkey Kong. Luma also does a forward tilt and jab in the Boxing Ring while Rosalina is doing her part of the Star Bits animation.

I recall it was common to think Rosalina could summon Luma on her own since she appears to do it near the beginning of the gameplay clips. She was only using her down taunt at the same time Luma appears, likely done for the flashiness for the trailer. From what I can see, the trailer shows five of the six Luma colours in the final build; it lacks the Polari scheme. Maybe it was added later.

Any there any analysis' of this trailer from back when it was new that are worth checking out again for the fun of it? In the meantime, "May the stars shine down on you."

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Let's not forget the date as today marks two years since Rosalina was revealed for Smash 4. :) It's still fun to look back at her reveal trailer. The complete lack of context at the beginning made it all so mind-boggling and I'll always remember how I felt watching it the first time.

There's a couple of funny things that happen in the gameplay portion of the trailer. Luma actually warps to Rosalina while she is being carried by Donkey Kong. Luma also does a forward tilt and jab in the Boxing Ring while Rosalina is doing her part of the Star Bits animation.

I recall it was common to think Rosalina could summon Luma on her own since she appears to do it near the beginning of the gameplay clips. She was only using her down taunt at the same time Luma appears, likely done for the flashiness for the trailer. From what I can see, the trailer shows five of the six Luma colours in the final build; it lacks the Polari scheme. Maybe it was added later.

Any there any analysis' of this trailer from back when it was new that are worth checking out again for the fun of it? In the meantime, "May the stars shine down on you."
The Polari color was added later, in the E3 build it was metal colored.

And Rosalina could be the first hype reveal since she was the first newcomer to reveal after E3, sh'e "The one that started the hype train"

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Those were the days where everybody was: "OMG I WANNA MAIN HER SO BAD<3333"
Good ol' days

P.S: off topic and dumb question but is it legit here to put your second main in the 3DS character main even if you don't have smash for 3DS? :p

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Just a curious question, but how would people feel if Rosalina received a better air speed value? I know that you can raise her air speed to 1.25 with the Glider equipment, but the main problem is just trying to rebalance her attack, defense, and speed back to 0.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Just a curious question, but how would people feel if Rosalina received a better air speed value? I know that you can raise her air speed to 1.25 with the Glider equipment, but the main problem is just trying to rebalance her attack, defense, and speed back to 0.
I don't have a problem with that. But why though I may ask?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
How time flies by fast after two years since the day Rosalina was revealed. I remember how hyped I was when I saw her trailer and I knew right then that I would definitely main her. Ditching Mario and the rest of the Mario reps in favor of her was the best thing ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom