• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
????

i hate MP Island tour , but that's from the box art. Sadly Rosalina doesn't get a proper version of that artwork. I should know , i kinda tried to restore it in the Mario Wiki.
I know right? She should've appeared as a playable character instead of just being an assessory. The only appearance she've made was the box art and at the end of Rocket Road. Her artwork was blurry.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm totally fine with her not being playable in Island Tour, which is full of ****. I didn't want her playable in 10 as I feel like she should've been like an event character of something.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I'm totally fine with her not being playable in Island Tour, which is full of ****. I didn't want her playable in 10 as I feel like she should've been like an event character of something.
Okay, so you don't want your favorite character involved in more activity but instead stay in her Comet Observatory, returning only after the 100th comet passed? Then I assume you prefer Mario Tennis Open? I'm not judging you, but as the way I'm supporting the character, she doesn't have to be ostracized by every, single, Mario game. Even if Rosalina appeared in Super Mario Sunshine 2, we get to see and explore new things about Rosalina we haven't before. As I said, characters develop new things through phrases of their life. Every time Rosalina is engaged with a game, we can see more details, even better yet being playable. Remember that Rosalina is affiliated with Nintendo and their games. Not every games, but in future games. I don't know much of your point of view on Rosalina, but it seems like you don't want her to be portrayed in the manner she already is. A character has to be appropriate for the game's plot, and she is rather more appealing to spin-offs and main games with the right choice of approach.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Seeing her portraying as a calm and motherly person like she's supposed to be like in the Mario Galaxy games is what I like the most about her, not some sassy energetic person who sounds almost like Peach. Exploring more about Rosalina is why I think she should have her own game to expand her character even more based on her background, about how she became who she is now.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hell yeah. And it seems like it's the best way for me to look for somebody to play with.
And it's more smooth processing than Skype.

And I remember back at E3 2014, there was indeed a metal Luma color. Don'tknow why they add the metal color a first.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The metal texture was probably meant to be used for whenever Rosalina grabs a Metal Box. If Rosalina is metallic, then the Luma would turn metallic as well.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The metal texture was probably meant to be used for whenever Rosalina grabs a Metal Box. If Rosalina is metallic, then the Luma would turn metallic as well.
But there were times I saw during the matches in E3 2014, San Diego Comic Con, there was a metal color Luma.

I kind of forgot if Luma will turn metal as well if grabbed the metal box.

C3CC

Smash Lord
Seeing her portraying as a calm and motherly person like she's supposed to be like in the Mario Galaxy games is what I like the most about her, not some sassy energetic person who sounds almost like Peach. Exploring more about Rosalina is why I think she should have her own game to expand her character even more based on her background, about how she became who she is now.
It's like you're stealing my words. I agree with you 10000%.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
She is still that calm and motherly person we know, but we often get to see her wild side more oftenly. Even if I were to say "No! Make Rosalina they way she used to be in the galaxy games! I hate this "new" portrayal of her!" what is Nintendo going to do about it? There are over than a million fans of Rosalina, and you know Nintendo listens to the higher percentage. Nothing is wrong with having a different personality, take Princess Peach for example in Paper Jam. We know it is unlike Peach to want or try those drastical things, but that doesn't mean we should remove her from the game entirely. I agree with you on the sassy/energetic part since that is more suiting for Princess Daisy. Everyone can have wild sides, and this is Rosalina's:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
She is still that calm and motherly person we know, but we often get to see her wild side more oftenly. Even if I were to say "No! Make Rosalina they way she used to be in the galaxy games! I hate this "new" portrayal of her!" what is Nintendo going to do about it? There are over than a million fans of Rosalina, and you know Nintendo listens to the higher percentage. Nothing is wrong with having a different personality, take Princess Peach for example in Paper Jam. We know it is unlike Peach to want or try those drastical things, but that doesn't mean we should remove her from the game entirely. I agree with you on the sassy/energetic part since that is more suiting for Princess Daisy. Everyone can have wild sides, and this is Rosalina's:
I agree with the "I hate this "new" portrayal of her!" part cuz I really do. I still prefer the Rosalina that she supposed to be like in the Galaxy games and always will. I mean, yeah it's amazing that she's been getting a lot of attention these days by appearing in a lot of games but I still wish they would've kept her old personality instead of making her "Peach 2.0". My opinion still stands about this and I've already said this time and again. I'm not going any further with this.

Last edited:

Shinyfox

Smash Rookie
NNID
Shinyfoxx
Can I join I would like to make rosalina my 2nd main or my primary later on but I don't know how to play her. :D

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Can I join I would like to make rosalina my 2nd main or my primary later on but I don't know how to play her. :D
There's always room for another Rosalina main here so of course you can join. And shout out for being a Lucina main as well.

You can always check out the Videos and/or Q&A threads to get you started on how to play her.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
I agree with the "I hate this "new" portrayal of her!" part cuz I really do. I still prefer the Rosalina that she supposed to be like in the Galaxy games and always will. I mean, yeah it's amazing that she's been getting a lot of attention these days by appearing in a lot of games but I still wish they would've kept her old personality instead of making her "Peach 2.0". My opinion still stands about this and I've already said this time and again. I'm not going any further with this.
I respect your opinion. I'm sure Rosalina will be more subtle and more calm in the future, especially in a plot. And I used to hate the echo in her voice (when I was younger) but I now admire it, since I found the deep meaning of it. She sounds quite divine with it, doesn't she? I guess her new voice is more ordinary, without the echo. The reason I think that I protest against your statement is probably is because I don't have Super Mario Galaxy 2, I only have the first one. I don't know how Rosalina behaves in the second one and I'd very much like to know. My only concern is, I have more Peach merchandise than Rosalina, and my only merchandise for Rosalina is a "Rosalina & Luma amiibo".

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I respect your opinion. I'm sure Rosalina will be more subtle and more calm in the future, especially in a plot. And I used to hate the echo in her voice (when I was younger) but I now admire it, since I found the deep meaning of it. She sounds quite divine with it, doesn't she? I guess her new voice is more ordinary, without the echo. The reason I think that I protest against your statement is probably is because I don't have Super Mario Galaxy 2, I only have the first one. I don't know how Rosalina behaves in the second one and I'd very much like to know. My only concern is, I have more Peach merchandise than Rosalina, and my only merchandise for Rosalina is a "Rosalina & Luma amiibo".
She really does sound divine with the echo in her voice and I would also like to add graceful as well. It's one of the many things I love about her. I do have a few Rosalina merchandise on me, such as the amiibo, two plushies, her Smash poster I got from Club Nintendo and a t-shirt.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
The only bad thing about Rosalina not being playable in Island Tour is the fact that you don't get to impersonate her voice in the Choicest Voice minigame.

That's a very fun and entertaining feature , nowdays the only thing i replay in Island Tour.

The judges always give me flawless scores for Peach , Toad and Waluigi impressions.

I get the least amount of points trying to do Boo or Yoshi :p

In the case of average games such as Mario Party 10 and Ultra Smash , it's a good thing that Rosalina is playable since at least fans of the character would find them enjoyable to some extend.

Searching ''portrayal'' in Mario Party has to be the most hilarious things on earth. Mario Party is the most basic and linear series where all characters have always acted the same. It's stupid to believe Rosalina will do any different.

Want some deep portrayal ? Get stuck forever in 2007 Super Mario Galaxy and never come back. That's basically Rosalina's game , nothing after that offers more for her than her debut game, and not even the sequel since she barely appears , not even MKWii since the game is basic , meaningless for personality and portrayal.

Bottom line is , that people need to accept 3 facts :

1- If you are so attached to 1 feature of the character that has been removed and refuse to move on , chances are that you are not a very good fan.

2- Rosalina has been changed from NPC to series regular , and with that change comes the fact that most of her appearences will now rely on Spin off games , which may or may not showcase some of her ''personality'' or whatever.

3-Since Rosalina is just a character at the end of the day , it would be best to take the best of her and be happy that she is not forgotten , rather , she is being promoted , becoming more popular and having higher chances of appearing in our favorite games.

I seriously cannot see the point of not wanting your favorite character as playable in a series or game you actually like. By that logic , then let's be all sad , since Rosalina also made it to Smash 4.

I'm trying to understand closed minded people , but i can't somehow. Bummer.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
She really does sound divine with the echo in her voice and I would also like to add graceful as well. It's one of the many things I love about her. I do have a few Rosalina merchandise on me, such as the amiibo, two plushies, her Smash poster I got from Club Nintendo and a t-shirt.
I envy you. Someday I will surpass you with this Rosalina merchandise and gameplay! I will be better at Smash and other playable games with Rosalina than you. I shall beat you in every ways I can, now for my cold U-turn in Mario Kart 8, as the snow dust gets in your FACE!

I'm just joking, no need to be serious about it, am I right? I am planning to get a Rosalina plushie too. Or do you think they have a Yoshalina yarn?

The only bad thing about Rosalina not being playable in Island Tour is the fact that you don't get to impersonate her voice in the Choicest Voice minigame.

That's a very fun and entertaining feature , nowdays the only thing i replay in Island Tour.

The judges always give me flawless scores for Peach , Toad and Waluigi impressions.

I get the least amount of points trying to do Boo or Yoshi :p

In the case of average games such as Mario Party 10 and Ultra Smash , it's a good thing that Rosalina is playable since at least fans of the character would find them enjoyable to some extend.

Searching ''portrayal'' in Mario Party has to be the most hilarious things on earth. Mario Party is the most basic and linear series where all characters have always acted the same. It's stupid to believe Rosalina will do any different.

Want some deep portrayal ? Get stuck forever in 2007 Super Mario Galaxy and never come back. That's basically Rosalina's game , nothing after that offers more for her than her debut game, and not even the sequel since she barely appears , not even MKWii since the game is basic , meaningless for personality and portrayal.

Bottom line is , that people need to accept 3 facts :

1- If you are so attached to 1 feature of the character that has been removed and refuse to move on , chances are that you are not a very good fan.

2- Rosalina has been changed from NPC to series regular , and with that change comes the fact that most of her appearences will now rely on Spin off games , which may or may not showcase some of her ''personality'' or whatever.

3-Since Rosalina is just a character at the end of the day , it would be best to take the best of her and be happy that she is not forgotten , rather , she is being promoted , becoming more popular and having higher chances of appearing in our favorite games.

I seriously cannot see the point of not wanting your favorite character as playable in a series or game you actually like. By that logic , then let's be all sad , since Rosalina also made it to Smash 4.

I'm trying to understand closed minded people , but i can't somehow. Bummer.
I so agree on that Choicest Voice since I have an exquisite voice impersonation. (Not bragging!) You will literally think Princess Peach is in your house if you hear my impression. I honestly can impersonate character I'm more used to. [How to I play Choicest Voice] Toad: Slim in your throat. Mario: How to copy Charles Martinet? Daisy: How to copy Daisy Duck? Rosalina: *Searches for a Cave or a Spacious hall.* Eh, school's staircase works like a mine. Waluigi:... Wario:... Bowser Jr: I'm not young anymore... Kamek:..? Dry Bones: *Shoves a bone in my throat* Other characters: *Invites voice actor/actresses inside my house*

Did you photoshop the artwork of Rosalina from Mario Kart 8 with her gown from Mario Kart 7?

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I envy you. Someday I will surpass you with this Rosalina merchandise and gameplay! I will be better at Smash and other playable games with Rosalina than you. I shall beat you in every ways I can, now for my cold U-turn in Mario Kart 8, as the snow dust gets in your FACE!

I'm just joking, no need to be serious about it, am I right? I am planning to get a Rosalina plushie too. Or do you think they have a Yoshalina yarn?
Er...you need to stop watching too much Frozen...

And not that I'm aware of.
EY ROSALINAS I HAVE RETURNED :4dedede:
Come and kick it wit da Rosa Boyz.

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
EY ROSALINAS I HAVE RETURNED :4dedede:
Welcome back. May I interest you in some Star Cake?

And not that I'm aware of.

Come and kick it wit da Rosa Boyz.
Oh, I don't own the movie... Thanks for convincing me to buy it! Now I can forget all about getting Rosalina's merchandise and get Elsa ones! (Troll master)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
and it's getting a sequel... hooray for the fans, I guess. At least it's not all over the place like it was when it came out.
****, really? That's just ****ed up.
Sometimes you have to wonder if the movie reviewers are overrating the movies.
They're giving it way too much credit. Even that song "Let It Go" is full of crap, it would sound even better with a rapper in it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
They're giving it way too much credit. Even that song "Let It Go" is full of crap, it would sound even better with a rapper in it.
One thing that does tend to disturb me is whenever a good person turns out to be very evil. In most other Disney movies, for their villains, you could easily tell that they're bad news; Jafar, Scar, and Hades are some obvious examples.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
While I thought it was a cute and enjoyable film at first, I don't think it needed nearly as much exposure as it got. Seeing Frozen on everything soured my opinion of it after a while =/
It does tend to bite most of us in the ass seeing that **** everywhere.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Welcome to the thread!

I don't have any cash or will to collect merchandise for now. I do have some amiibos and Nintendo consoles, but trying to collect Nintendo stuff is still a far fetch thing for me to do.
I want to collect Smash related stuff rather than just Rosalina/ Mario merchandise. Mario series could be my most favorite series, but Smash Bros series is the "one that started all" of my gaming life.
http://goodlife.tw/go/179152/t
hoohoohoo... my country's 7-11 has started to promote Frozen fashion boutique. Frozen hype is still here in Taiwan, sort of.

These are just a few merchandise they showed at the website
and it's getting a sequel... hooray for the fans, I guess. At least it's not all over the place like it was when it came out.
I already know about that months ago. I think it's right after the premiere of Frozen Fever.
One thing that does tend to disturb me is whenever a good person turns out to be very evil. In most other Disney movies, for their villains, you could easily tell that they're bad news; Jafar, Scar, and Hades are some obvious examples.
I guess this was why that Frozen stands out from most Disney movies. Disney movies from the past show significant villains, but Frozen doesn't.
I have also heard that Elsa was tend of be the villain as well.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I guess this was why that Frozen stands out from most Disney movies. Disney movies from the past show significant villains, but Frozen doesn't.
I have also heard that Elsa was tend of be the villain as well.
The irony is that Elsa isn't the villain. It was actually Prince Hans, who first started out being a good guy. But in reality, Hans's true ambition was to seize control of Elsa's kingdom, and the key to doing that was using Anna's thirst for love to his advantage, and then trying to finish off Elsa himself. Not even I anticipated that when I saw the movie, because Hans didn't even look like an evil person, but I guess deception had to exist in even the most innocent-looking individuals.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
The thing with Frozen is that it's focus was more in the misunderstood character rather than the Heroine. Most will assume Elsa is the heroine , but she is not , Anna is. And even so , Anna has more screentime than Elsa IIRC, but the film's focus was Elsa's insecurities and how you overcome those. The villian in Frozen was just an extra to make the plot spicier , and to have a happy ending. Either way , Anna was still going to end up with Kristoff so the prince whatever his name was , was just there.

Elsa is also more popular than Anna . Most people also feel the appeal of the songs Frozen has , particulary ''Let it Go'' , which it's understandable because they are catchy , beautiful and memorable , while also having a great message.

Old designs and concepts had Elsa looking like an evil witch and villian , but was abandoned in favor of a more human and vulnerable representation, which was a smart move.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Hey. Those were good baddies and the movies were the bomb. Just not Frozen.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The irony is that Elsa isn't the villain. It was actually Prince Hans, who first started out being a good guy. But in reality, Hans's true ambition was to seize control of Elsa's kingdom, and the key to doing that was using Anna's thirst for love to his advantage, and then trying to finish off Elsa himself. Not even I anticipated that when I saw the movie, because Hans didn't even look like an evil person, but I guess deception had to exist in even the most innocent-looking individuals.
I mean the original story concept. I bet most of you guys have seen the evil/dark Elsa's concept artwork, fanarts on the web.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Hey. Those were good baddies and the movies were the bomb. Just not Frozen.
I'm just saying that for most Disney villains, you could easily tell that they're bad news.

Anyway, like with what Swiftie_Muggle Swiftie_Muggle said, Frozen didn't really have a big villain, since the one in that movie was only there for an extra twist to the story, and to make sure that the story had a happy ending.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Old designs and concepts had Elsa looking like an evil witch and villian , but was abandoned in favor of a more human and vulnerable representation, which was a smart move.
Yup, that's what I meant, speak of which, there a fan comic on Deviantart called "Anna Infinity" made by a Taiwanese artist. Which made dark/evil Elsa more popular. It's kind of funny how did Elsa call her evil counterpart "onion head"

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
I'm just saying that for most Disney villains, you could easily tell that they're bad news.

Anyway, like with what Swiftie_Muggle Swiftie_Muggle said, Frozen didn't really have a big villain, since the one in that movie was only there for an extra twist to the story, and to make sure that the story had a happy ending.
☺They're still good, though. Don't just wish that they're alive and up your face XD Idc for Frozen.

Baddies or murders will always be bad news. Nothing new to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom