• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah in Hyrule Warriors, The Imprisoned is one of the toughest giant bosses to defeat, since it recovers faster than all the other giant bosses; this doesn't give you much time to drain its weak point gauge. Likewise, once you've cut away half of The Imprisoned's health, the shockwaves that it makes will become much more powerful, forcing you to be even more cautious with destroying its toes.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Check this out, one the glitch that is Rosalina involved is very cool.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Now that beginning was pretty cool! I'm gonna try these out.
Some of them I had already seen it, and some actually have probably been fixed with the new update.

And Danbuz use Rosalina and won the S@X tournament!

Last edited:

Ladyspiker

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-6235-1432-1920
Check this out, one the glitch that is Rosalina involved is very cool.
lol Rosalina using her magic abilities I see...

So far, I'm pretty excited for MP10 because the Minigames look pretty cool. The Bowser Roulette one I can already tell is going to be popular in my household.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Aww... Come on! Spoilers!! I haven't watched that yet.
Heheh...my bad... and as you see this stream is already a month ago.
Sorry, but still during the interview with VGbootcamp crew, Danbuz still thinks Rosalina is not on the top tier.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Personally, I don't see Rosalina being top tier anytime soon, though I'd love to be wrong. I can see her as high tier though, that's for sure.

That aside, here's something I stumbled upon. It's mindlessly amusing.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Personally, I don't see Rosalina being top tier anytime soon, though I'd love to be wrong. I can see her as high tier though, that's for sure.
This is basically why we've been analyzing Rosalina's match-ups for the past set of weeks. It'll at least give us an idea on how well she fares in the competitive world.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

That aside, here's something I stumbled upon. It's mindlessly amusing.

Maybe, maybe not.
This video is quite impressive, and Rosalina didn't make much noise when clapping at all!

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
This is basically why we've been analyzing Rosalina's match-ups for the past set of weeks. It'll at least give us an idea on how well she fares in the competitive world.
You'll probably have a harder time with studying match-ups since customs are coming onto the scene. When it does, tier lists will be all over the place, but it should narrow down over time.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
You'll probably have a harder time with studying match-ups since customs are coming onto the scene. When it does, tier lists will be all over the place, but it should narrow down over time.
If the Dissidia: Final Fantasy community could do it (including equipment setups and assist characters), I'm sure we can too.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
If the Dissidia: Final Fantasy community could do it (including equipment setups and assist characters), I'm sure we can too.
Oh boy... it's gonna be really complicated.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Once everyone is analyzed once, I'll likely make some rule adjustments for round 2.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
How many characters left for now?
Currently, we're at Little Mac, so the following characters would still have to be covered...

1. Samus
  2. Captain Falcon
  3. Zero Suit Samus
  4. Ness
  5. Pit
  6. Marth
  7. Palutena
  8. Ike
  9. Dark Pit
  10. Robin
  11. Mega Man
  12. Lucina
  13. Kirby
  14. Pikachu
  15. Olimar
  16. King Dedede
  17. Charizard
  18. Villager
  19. Meta Knight
  20. Lucario
  21. Wii Fit Trainer
  22. Fox
  23. Jigglypuff
  24. Shulk
  25. Falco
  26. Greninja
  27. Sonic
  28. Mii Brawler
  29. Mii Swordfighter
  30. Mii Gunner
If we continue to analyze a single character for three days, the whole roster (excluding Mewtwo) will be covered before the end of May.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Currently, we're at Little Mac, so the following characters would still have to be covered...

1. Samus
  2. Captain Falcon
  3. Zero Suit Samus
  4. Ness
  5. Pit
  6. Marth
  7. Palutena
  8. Ike
  9. Dark Pit
  10. Robin
  11. Mega Man
  12. Lucina
  13. Kirby
  14. Pikachu
  15. Olimar
  16. King Dedede
  17. Charizard
  18. Villager
  19. Meta Knight
  20. Lucario
  21. Wii Fit Trainer
  22. Fox
  23. Jigglypuff
  24. Shulk
  25. Falco
  26. Greninja
  27. Sonic
  28. Mii Brawler
  29. Mii Swordfighter
  30. Mii Gunner
If we continue to analyze a single character for three days, the whole roster (excluding Mewtwo) will be covered before the end of May.
Now that's a lot...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Now that's a lot...
If I have to, I'll reduce the number of days to analyze a single character to two, but that will limit the amount of time that everyone has to discuss each match-up. Of course, some match-ups may be more popular than others, so I'll just have to see how active the next set of discussion periods are.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
It could also be dependent on people's schedules as well. They may be preoccupied with school, work, or both to be able to analyze anything on certain days.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
If I have to, I'll reduce the number of days to analyze a single character to two, but that will limit the amount of time that everyone has to discuss each match-up. Of course, some match-ups may be more popular than others, so I'll just have to see how active the next set of discussion periods are.
Nonono. I think three days per character is good already. It's just the matter of time. We aren't in a hurry anyway right? If there aren't much users giving ratios, then we should go to that character's social/general/matchup thread and make a shoutout.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It could also be dependent on people's schedules as well. They may be preoccupied with school, work, or both to be able to analyze anything on certain days.
That too. Hopefully once round 1 is all over with, we'll have more stuff to discuss for the round 2 discussion periods. One thing that I do have planned for round 2 is that I'll be implementing two different match-up ratio categories; one would involve the default specials only (no customizations), while the other would allow the use of custom specials.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
If there aren't much users giving ratios, then we should go to that character's social/general/matchup thread and make a shoutout.
I like this idea.
One thing that I do have planned for round 2 is that I'll be implementing two different match-up ratio categories; one would involve the default specials only (no customizations), while the other would allow the use of custom specials.
Well, we're are analyzing MUs based on default specials now, so wouldn't analyzing defaults during round 2 be redundant? Unless you're looking for a second opinion to have a more accurate overall ratio for default specials?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I like this idea.
I've actually been doing that myself at each character sub-forum.

Well, we're are analyzing MUs based on default specials now, so wouldn't analyzing defaults during round 2 be redundant? Unless you're looking for a second opinion to have a more accurate overall ratio for default specials?
Think of it this way. Mario's first discussion period was in December 2014, so Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U were still quite new at that time. Once we start analyzing Mario again, we'll need to have a second opinion on the Rosalina vs. Mario match-up, to see if anything has changed since the last time Mario was analyzed. This will also apply to the rest of the cast.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Think of it this way. Mario's first discussion period was in December 2014, so Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U were still quite new at that time. Once we start analyzing Mario again, we'll need to have a second opinion on the Rosalina vs. Mario match-up, to see if anything has changed since the last time Mario was analyzed. This will also apply to the rest of the cast.
Point made.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
I should pay more attention to the match-up discussion thread. I will be able to give more feedback on character match-ups after I join a national tomorrow. However I don't come from a very active scene and it's filled up with Sheiks (most noteably Mr.R)

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I should pay more attention to the match-up discussion thread. I will be able to give more feedback on character match-ups after I join a national tomorrow. However I don't come from a very active scene and it's filled up with Sheiks (most noteably Mr.R)
You can play online. Unlike Brawl, online matches are actually good.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I like this idea.

If you like it then go do it.
I've actually been doing that myself at each character sub-forum.

Oh really? Then looks like we need more shoutout then?
In other news, someone customized his/her Rosalina amiibo, and posted an image of it.

"Starry Night' Rosalina...
So would Rosalina's clap sound like this?
She didn't made much sound when clapping, probably because she is clapping softly and with her sleeve on. And she is also holding her wand to clap.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I still believe Rosalina is top tier/one of the best in the game. People just need to experiment with her more and she will start doing better in tournaments. Rosalina players have gotten too comfortable with one particular playstyle, even though that means they are greatly neglecting one of the character's best features in doing so.

Last edited:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I still believe Rosalina is top tier/one of the best in the game. People just need to experiment with her more and she will start doing better in tournaments. Rosalina players have gotten too comfortable with one particular playstyle, even though that means they are greatly neglecting one of the character's best features in doing so.
This remains to be seen of course, and assuming customs are allowed, I can see her reaching high to top tier status realistically. Her only shortcoming is her lack of speed and her somewhat laggy moves. Honestly, Luma is what makes Rosalina (to be fair, she isn't as crippled when losing Luma as Popo without Nana).

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This remains to be seen of course, and assuming customs are allowed, I can see her reaching high to top tier status realistically. Her only shortcoming is her lack of speed and her somewhat laggy moves. Honestly, Luma is what makes Rosalina (to be fair, she isn't as crippled when losing Luma as Popo without Nana).
The funny thing is, Rosalina's running is slightly above average when compared to Mario. Sure, Rosalina may not be the fastest fighter out there, but at least she's fortunate enough to have average mobility.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't think she lacks speed. Her horizontal aerial speed is one of the best in the game, and her walk speed is well above average, while her dash speed is above average too.

Also Solo Rosalina has some very solid attacks, and some are easier to reap the full benefits of without Luma.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
The funny thing is, Rosalina's running is slightly above average when compared to Mario. Sure, Rosalina may not be the fastest fighter out there, but at least she's fortunate enough to have average mobility.
I don't think she lacks speed. Her horizontal aerial speed is one of the best in the game, and her walk speed is well above average, while her dash speed is above average too.
I probably should have clarified that by "speed", I meant her overall attack speed. Start-up's fine, but some of them have noticeable end lag that while not crippling or anything, can make her susceptible to punishes. I like her Ftilt and Dtilt for their speed though. Her Utilt is also fine when platforms are involved.
Also Solo Rosalina has some very solid attacks, and some are easier to reap the full benefits of without Luma.
Only thing that comes to mind is her Dair when one wants to spike an opponent.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I find her attack speed fine. Her end lag is not that much worse than most other characters. N-air and F-Tilt are fine too. And of course, Lunar Landing is a thing. Also Luma Shot isn't too bad since the last patch, and I don't even need to explain Luma Warp.

If it means anything, it's better than most of Sonic's attacks, from my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom