• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
Wow this social thread needs a new moderator.Can't even show a official clip of a character from the game. Mario and sonic guy you need to stop removing stuff based on your opinions.Why can't this social forum be good again
I wonder too.
Anyway, is there a reason for newcomers not to be in other events...? This is a bit sad, but it's true that that HD Rosalina was... Impressive. I'm glad the developers made such cutscenews.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Anyway, is there a reason for newcomers not to be in other events...?
I honestly think it's for no other reason than they were lazy or had time constraints to get it out in time for the real Olympics.

Granted it's not confirmed you can't play as newcomers in any event but the fact we have only seen them in one event, often the same one they have on 3DS, is super worrying.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Wow this social thread needs a new moderator.Can't even show a official clip of a character from the game. Mario and sonic guy you need to stop removing stuff based on your opinions.Why can't this social forum be good again
I don't make the rules here. My job is to just enforce them. If you don't like this ordeal, take it over to Forum Support.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't make the rules here. My job is to just enforce them. If you don't like this ordeal, take it over to Forum Support.
That doesn't make any sense since I have posted the exact same GIFs in another board, mods have seen them, and they haven't said there was anything wrong with them.

Not to mention one of them is also my sig and nobody has said anything about it to me yet. I've had it for a whole day already.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That doesn't make any sense since I have posted the exact same GIFs in another board, mods have seen them, and they haven't said there was anything wrong with them.

Not to mention one of them is also my sig and nobody has said anything about it to me yet. I've had it for a whole day already.
My dilemma is confidential information. Just know that your images did depict Rosalina making postures that were very explicit, which is why they were removed.

FrontsideMisty

Smash Rookie
NNID
FrontsideMisty
But why you should't be removing the gifs i don't understand how showing off your legs is consider sexual in your mind and as sonicbrawler182 has stated other mods from different social forums don't think its sexual,dude you need to change your opinions as it damges this thread.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In that case, all of this secrecy truly is highly damaging to this social and is one of the main reasons it has been falling apart. I mean if you have something personal going on, I won't pry and I hope you can deal with it, but just leaving us with that isn't a very satisfactory explanation as it really doesn't add up with activity in other Socials, and as far as I know, all Socials are supposed to be treated the same.

I can't hang around here in good faith knowing that posting official, family friendly material of this social's mascot will probably get me banned or something.

Last edited:

Char Seasalina

Smash Ace
NNID
CharlotteBelle33
Yeah, some of the pictures of Rosalina that sonicbrawler182 had posted didn't even show her legs, and were removed. It's completely understandable to remove any sexual, seductive artwork because they'd be suggestive, but not these pictures or GIFs. No one is glorifying Rosalina's body, but rather just being amazed by her skills. Know that it's absolutely ridiculous to remove a rated E content, and cosidering Rosalina is wearing the least revealing outfit out of Peach and Daisy, that makes no sense. Learn a lesson from this, Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy , and we don't mean to hurt your feelings or anything like that, but removing those aren't nessessary.

On a different topic, check this very adorable cosplay out:
By: FantasyBri

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
It's not even about showing skin or not.

The renders are OFFICIAL ,from a game that we all know about , my little cousin knows about and that all the kids will play and see.

Why wasn't this an issue when we literally posted the renders from the website with the japanese letters and the red background?

It's not sexual because for one , it's not mean to be and for two it only can be if You want it to be.

I honestly feel unconfortable since there's no logic in here , is a female character wearing the right outfit so bad?

Or is it because it's Rosalina?

Don't expect to get an answer for those questions , but there's something very fishy on this issue.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
I didn't get to see the GIFs in time, but if they come from M&S game there's a good chance that wethever was it hardly could have done a thing to the thread, considering that it didn't concern anyone about releasing that content.
Then again, I hardly know a thing about what it was, but if did go well enough for it to not receive censorship in a localization(akin to Xenoblade X) or raise its rating, chances are that it did go well enough for SB's standards as well.
WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever There are some things in Nintendo Directs that become viral at such a speed it's always surprising

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
The gifs were basically what you see Rosalina doing in the trailer , so it's ridiculous to delete them.

I said it once and i'll say it again , Nintendo doesn't sexualize Rosalina (in fact by removing Mercedes more fierce and somewhat sultry sounds and replacing them with the more kiddy Laura F. Smith they clearly removed anything slightly ''sexy'' from the character)

The so called fans DO it.

Official footage from the actual game is not sexualizing or innapropiate , that's just plain bull♥♥♥♥

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm thinking that it's about time that a new social thread gets made for this sub-forum. Based on all the stuff that I'm reading, it's becoming clear to me that I'm going to have to do a massive overhaul on the social thread rules, and simply updating this thread's primary post isn't going to cut it.

With that said, before I start making the new social thread, this thread will eventually be closed up for good. I will be making a notification post when this thread does get locked.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I don't intend to get involved much with this thread but seriously?

I mean we have "Don't make me beg" Bayonetta in Smash and we can post whatever of her just fine, but official trailer shots and GIFs of Rosalina in a sports leotard doing some fancy acrobatics, from a 7+ game, are NSFW?

The fact one would even consider that outfit on it's own "sexualisation" is outright misogyny. Women actually wear what Rosalina is wearing in the Olympics, because it's practical for events where you're flexing you're body around like that.

Like if you can't look at this without attaching sexual thoughts to it then that is YOUR problem. This isn't SUPPOSED to be sexy. Sexualisation is when something is explicitly SUPPOSED to be sexy or the character explicitly acts sexual (like Bayonetta, who once again, is actually in Smash now). Rosalina may have TINY bits of it if you really reach for it, but for the most part, aside from her Mega Mushroom animation in Mario Tennis and maybe that LINE sticker, one or two things in Smash Bros, and a couple of voice clips (which are again, BARE MINIMUM and not really explicit, I really had to reach for those), I can't think of anything Nintendo have done for Rosalina that explicitly tries to paint her as sexy. She's supposed to be elegant and beautiful, and happens to have a really attractive body. However, Nintendo don't really exploit that body in an explicitly sexual way all that much. Simple trailer shots of her doing a gymnastics routine definitely don't fall under that.

I say this as someone who absolutely thinks Rosalina is a total hottie, but at least I'm aware she's not explicitly designed to attract me in that way and that I'm largely attracted to Rosalina because of my own reasons and not ones Nintendo intentionally fed to me.

I can understand something like an upskirt screenshot from Ultra Smash or a close up of her chest not being allowed, since that's specifically getting nitty gritty, but an OFFICIAL image? That's outright ridiculous.

The most annoying part is that I posted those exact same GIFs in another Social thread and it was perfectly fine. The exact same thing happened the first time I was banned from this thread too.

This site seriously needs to stop having double standards with Social threads. Either have them all have the same rules, or I will just keep breaking the rules. Not out of spite, but because I legitimately don't know what is and isn't OK anymore and I shouldn't have to remember multiple different rules for different social threads. Social threads are supposed to be the most casual, chilled out threads, I shouldn't have to worry about infractions just because one Social suddenly has different (and unreasonable) restrictions on "age appropriate content".
tl;dr
I also have to agreed that it was weird to remove those pic of Rosalina in gymnastic suit....

Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy , I understand of not posting NSFW pics, not mentioning specific body parts, but this is just riculous....
But why you should't be removing the gifs i don't understand how showing off your legs is consider sexual in your mind and as sonicbrawler182 has stated other mods from different social forums don't think its sexual,dude you need to change your opinions as it damges this thread.
And not to mention it was officially from Nintendo...
I'm thinking that it's about time that a new social thread gets made for this sub-forum. Based on all the stuff that I'm reading, it's becoming clear to me that I'm going to have to do a massive overhaul on the social thread rules, and simply updating this thread's primary post isn't going to cut it.

With that said, before I start making the new social thread, this thread will eventually be closed up for good. I will be making a notification post when this thread does get locked.
Closing this thread, why?
And I don't really see other social threads are being that strict as well, we have been tolerating this rules. This is really a huge debate since what you removed is from the official source.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Well damn then...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
For those who are wondering about what I'm planning to do, I going to have to redo the social thread rules to deliver a better message. And the best way to do that is to start with a clean new thread.

After talking about this matter with the other staff members, it turns out that the problem wasn't the images themselves, but instead, it was how the users have been discussing the images. Once the new social thread is made, it will be very important to follow the rules that will be implemented.

In other words, images that were removed here may get a second chance at the new social thread, but you can NOT make inappropriate discussions about them. I'll bring this up further when the new thread has been posted, which should be tomorrow.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This thread is now closed from any further posting. Please be patient while the new social thread is being developed. Until then, please use the social threads at the other forums if you want to make any conversations.

I also want to apologize for the poor handling of yesterday's image incident. It was quite reckless of me to remove the images for being used in inappropriate conversations. This has been extremely embarrassing for me, and I hope to avoid making that same mistake at the new social thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom