• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mother 4's Travis Gets Smashified!

D

Deleted member

Alot of reasons. In the anime, Raichus are generally depicted as antagonistic towards Pikachu and can be is rather aggressive and cruel in a specific episode i watched years ago (holding pikachu down against a tree and then sadistically firing a point blank hyper beam.)

Another is because in the games it's generally not any better than pikachu either. Plus in pokemon yellow i believe it was impossible to evolve your pikachu because it didn't want to. Basically alot of negative vibes and appearances have been pinned on Raichu. Which is sad imo.

On topic: Omni did an excellent job again. Im never unimpressed with his work. I hope he continues to do this for a good bit :3. We should start a poll on what he should do next and hope he sees it!
Anime / Pokémon Yellow Pikachu doesn't want to evolve just for the sole fact that it is the mascot of the franchise. I think, anyway. Pichu and Pikachu being more "cuter" than Raichu is also another reason.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Props to the team! I really respect the artwork they put out and I hope that this effort grows into something huge! Maybe...a Smash fan game that is the same level of current Smash? That would be pretty cool but, overall, I really love this project.

As for characters I would love to see Smashified...

Issac
Dixie Kong
Sylux
Sceptile
Kamui and/or Aqua
Mike Jones
Goku (Yuyuki)
Paper Mario
Krystal
Lana
lloyd Irving
Ryu :3

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
You know, I do wonder what would happen if Travis did so happen to receive the most votes in the Smash Ballot. I know that the Mother 4 creators would be more than happy to have him in Smash...
But would Nintendo actually do it...?
Most likely not. They'll probably view all of those votes as trolling. And I'm sure there's been enough troll/nonsensical votes to the extent it would be likely for Nintendo to hold that assumption...

Last edited:

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
Fantastic render as always, I must say though that smashifing characters from fan-made projects is an excellent form of product placement advertizing. Keep 'em coming guys.

#SmashifyKeen

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
It makes me smile seeing Mother 4 getting recognized. I already use Travis as a Mii Fighter regularly; if he somehow became an actual character, I'd be blown away.

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
Wow, kinda of strange that they made a fan-game character, but I'm really excited to see they made a 3D render of him!

CrabLeg

Brown Boy Wonder
NNID
Maheen76220
3DS FC
4854-6626-0552
Wow, I didn't even know about Mother 4 before this. It's so nice to see how dedicated the Mother fans are.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I wonder if this was a favor to the Mother 4 team? Or maybe Omni is a fan of the fangame? Or maybe they just felt like doing something thematically fitting for Mother's Day. >_>

Regardless, it's an odd choice to Smashify, but it looks good.

Willing to bet Isaac is the next one...

Shin F.

Smash Master
I wonder if this was a favor to the Mother 4 team? Or maybe Omni is a fan of the fangame? Or maybe they just felt like doing something thematically fitting for Mother's Day. >_>

Regardless, it's an odd choice to Smashify, but it looks good.

Willing to bet Isaac is the next one...
They said in the video it was for Mother's Day.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
fr where did he go from there to ssf2?
Since people hated the original OC's (Blade and Blue) and ones that were planned to be in SSF2 (Azreal and Spikeman), Cleod9 decided against their inclusion in the final roster and not another word was heard about them being expansions.

AniMoons

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ani-Moons
3DS FC
0275-8335-6873
this is so great! its good to see mother 4 getting some love

EnigmaticKnight

Smash Apprentice
It's nice to see a character from a fan made games get smashified. More love for EarthBound (Mother).

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
Its amazing how flawless these renders look. Travis fits in too perfectly, keeping my fingers crossed for Shantae!

PK_Knee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
gamernerd123
The amazing Smash related art project Smashified has created some incredibly cool Smash related art. With a goal of taking those characters that fans of games love and paying "tribute to these characters, regardless of those characters’ ties to Nintendo, their relevance in the modern gaming industry, or the feasibility of their inclusion in Smash Bros." they have created some impressive pictures. They've covered Klonoa, Shovel Knight, King K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie, and created the Rayman Leak. This time they covered a very unique character from a very unique game.

Travis is the main protagonist of Mother 4 and is the latest Smashified character. Mother 4 is a fan created project being programmed from scratch intended to be a sequel in the cult-classic Mother series of games. The game will be completely free upon release and be available for Windows, Mac, and Linux users and will not require emulators or ROMs in any way. More information on the game can be found on the Mother 4 website. Check out their time lapsed video and enjoy the creation of this smashing art!

SmashCapps is still dreaming of a Smashified Harry from Teleroboxer... Maybe someday. Until that day comes follow him on Twitter and discuss the character that should be Smashified next.
This process seems so complicated... I'd rather draw on paper... thanks.

Villager's_Mewtwo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mewtwo12
3DS FC
0602-6514-9988
The next Smashified comes out when the Smashified Twitter page reaches 3000 followers so if you want to see the next Smashified soon be sure to go over to their twitter and follow and share their Twitter page :D

Top Bottom