• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mother 3 added to Switch Online in Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
mother3switchonline.jpg

In Yesterday's Partner Showcase, fans of Nintendo were greeted to several announcements, including Mother 3 on Nintendo Switch Online. Just one catch: Only in Japan. You can watch the full trailer below:

The game has been so highly requested for almost 20 years that Shigesato Itoi, director for EarthBound Beginnings & EarthBound and writer of Mother 3 made a tweet that roughly translates to him telling fans that they need to ask Nintendo for a localized release, not him.

While this may look steep for Mother fans, at least a few Mother 3 Plush Toys [Thanks, Nintendo Life!] will be available to purchase in May. EarthBound Beginnings has new Nintendo Switch icons available until February 28th at 7:59 EST. There are still plans for EarthBound's 30th anniversary, and it was only ten years ago that we got an official translation of EarthBound Beginnings and a worldwide re-release of EarthBound.

Mother 3 is now available on Nintendo Switch Online for any Japanese Switch accounts. Earthbound: Beginnings and Earthbound are available for Nintendo Switch Online subscribers.

Author's Note: If you all want Mother 3 I'd recommend a handwritten letter directly to Nintendo. It's worth a shot?

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

Status
Been getting into the Mother franchise recently and I've fell pretty much in love with the trilogy.

While an official release in english would be cool, the spanish fan translation works great enough already, and I have plans to learn japanese after summer, so hopefully I'll be able to play it officially as well when the time comes without an official translation.

Also glad to have new Mother plushies available, I already have plans to buy the Chosen Ones set and Porky and Mr.Saturn.
Screenshot_2024-02-25-21-34-26-49_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

pic_7.jpg

I think the problem is just we don't have an official translation, the only reason they released Earthbound Beginnings was because they already had the translation from all the way back in the NES era.

I think the problem is just we don't have an official translation, the only reason they released Earthbound Beginnings was because they already had the translation from all the way back in the NES era.
I do think that's the main reason as well, yeah.

Status
Top Bottom