• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Wanted "Skins" for Current Confirmed Characters (Beyond Just Recolors)

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
-Dry Bowser
-Yarn Yoshi
-Toon Link in his Outset Island clothes
-Mario in his Isle Delfino outfit
-Ness in his pajamas

Beyond that, I really don't understand why we can't choose between iterations of the Zelda characters like in Hyrule Warriors - especially when Smash has already done this for Bayonetta, Cloud, and Ike.
Link: Ocarina of Time / Twilight Princess / Skyward Sword / Link Between Worlds / Breath of the Wild
Zelda: Ocarina of Time / Twilight Princess / Skyward Sword / Link Between Worlds / Breath of the Wild
Ganondorf: Ocarina of Time / Twilight Princess

Zeldark

Smash Rookie
9th Slot - Custom Outfit

I'll admit the characters have no established alternate headwear or bodies, but I think adding a collecting mechanic to mix and match your outfit could be awesome. This can be modeled after the Mii Fighter's head/suit choices, or taken a step further to 3 parts like BotW helmet/armor/legs. But like SSB4s fighter gear, they could be used across characters. Fire Flower Hat for the Bros. Etc.

Not really the most critical feature, but whatever it takes to get back Mario's fire flower suit. Wedding suit?! Why?!

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
The Top #10 Alternate Costumes I Want To See In Super Smash Bros Ultimate (As Alternate Costumes And Not Included As Echo Fighters/Clone Characters) (Either Available From The Start Or, Unlockable Content, Or Future DLC)!

#1. Mario- Either His Outfit From Super Mario Strikers Or His Mario Tennis Aces Tennis Outfit

#2. Luigi- Either Dr. Luigi (From Dr. Luigi) Or Mr. L (From Super Paper Mario)

#3. Donkey Kong- Either Robot Donkey Kong (From The Donkey Kong Country Animated TV Series) Or Archeologist Donkey Kong (From Mario Party 2)

#4. Bowser- Either Dry Bones Bowser Or Moon Wedding Bowser (From Super Mario Odyssey)

#5. Link- Either Ordon Village Link (From The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess) Or His Training Tunic (From Hyrule Warriors)

#6. Ness- Either Robot Ness Or Ness In His Pajama's (Both Are From Earthbound/Mother 2)

#7. Fox McCloud- Either His Outfit From Star Fox Adventures Or His Outfit From Star Fox Assault

#8. Princess Zelda- Either Her Appearance From The Beginning Of The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword Or Her Appearance From Hyrule Warriors

#9. Solid Snake- Either Old Snake (From Metal Gear Solid: Guns Of The Patriots) Or Big Boss/Naked Snake (From Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain)

#10. Samus Aran- Either Light Suit Samus (From Metroid Prime 2: Echoes) Or Fusion Suit Samus (From Metroid Fusion)

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
:ultlink:: Left handed Adult Link (OOT or TP Link)
:ultroy:: Alm (also lefty)
:ultbowser:: Dry Bowser
:ultmewtwo:: Armored
:ultike:: Brave Ike from FE Heroes
:ultluigi:: Mr. L (Changed Taunts)

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Gotta say, now that Smash Wiki has the recolors up, I’m pretty disappointed in Mario’s. I miss his Jumpman recolor from Brawl and earler that he lost to get that pink/light blue thing, and now he’s lost Fire Mario and Wario? But kept Waluigi?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Gotta say, now that Smash Wiki has the recolors up, I’m pretty disappointed in Mario’s. I miss his Jumpman recolor from Brawl and earler that he lost to get that pink/light blue thing, and now he’s lost Fire Mario and Wario? But kept Waluigi?
I happen to like the pink and light blue color for Mario from Mario Bros. I don't have an issue with Mario losing the Wario color, since Wario is already present, but it doesn't make sense for him and Luigi to have Waluigi's color.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
The more ideas I see in this thread, the more I'm convinced that it would be silly for Sakurai and company to not jump on this opportunity. So many other games have proven that cosmetics are a clever thing to sell in games like this, and they already experimented with this for the Miis in the last game anyways. Already, we've listed more character skin ideas than there ever were Mii costumes in 4. They could really fluff up DLC releases with character skins and it would be more popular than the Miis too.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Clearly we need OG Pantsless Marth.
image.jpeg

They even referenced it for the first time in years in the Cipher card game. :p
image.jpeg

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'd like Pokemon Trainer to have all of the playable trainer alts from the source games. Gimme that May and Brendon, son.

Butterfly Meta knight

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
Bride Dress Mario, "Nude"Link, spikey ear pichu, ash hat pikachus, PJs for toon link, wedding outfits for bowser & peach, any FE alt from the phone game for FE characters, old snake, evil ryu, beard ryu, Dr.luigi, Dr.Wario, dry bowser, PJs ness, switch shirt link, dress for cloud, shadow mewtwo, link outfit sonic, cosmic Rosalina, mrs packman, more outfits for inkling & villiagers

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
A Link to the Past casual dress
5443630be26a32bc598aae127d771ae9.jpg

And of course the fusion suit needs to be a thing finally
Fusion_Suit_art_2.jpg

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Clearly we need OG Pantsless Marth.
View attachment 149353
They even referenced it for the first time in years in the Cipher card game. :p
Something about that first pic feels very typically "80s"~

A Link to the Past casual dress
View attachment 149668

And of course the fusion suit needs to be a thing finally
View attachment 149669
Forgot how much LBW is kinda a reimagining of LttP and that Zelda's design follows that a bit. My memory of LttP is mostly sprites so it's easy for me to forget that her LBW design is so obviously similar. Makes this alt look easy to implement in theory. Hope they get even more creative with some alt options for Zelda.

And Fusion Suit always being just a recolor has always bothered me. It's always like, "pls, that's not the Fusion Suit".

I would pay money for the Fusion suit to be a real alt and not just a blue and yellow recolor. Playing project M with light suit, dark suit, and PED suit alts makes me really wish sakurai would go all out with costumes

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
The more I think about it the more I see Hilda as an alt for Zelda rather than an echo. I guess it would be more of a recolor but I wouldn’t mind attaching her name to it too.

I don’t think we’re entirely done with costumes on some of the demo characters. We hadn’t gotten Meta Ridley yet but he had 8 colors there. And I’d like to see other characters besides Little Mac in Smash 4 get extra costume slots.

Regarding other ideas, perhaps for Pokémon Trainer we could get costumes inspired by the GO teams - valor, instinct and mystic. Also I’d like Samus’ military garb from Other M as an alt for Zero Suit.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
The more I think about it the more I see Hilda as an alt for Zelda rather than an echo. I guess it would be more of a recolor but I wouldn’t mind attaching her name to it too.

I don’t think we’re entirely done with costumes on some of the demo characters. We hadn’t gotten Meta Ridley yet but he had 8 colors there. And I’d like to see other characters besides Little Mac in Smash 4 get extra costume slots.

Regarding other ideas, perhaps for Pokémon Trainer we could get costumes inspired by the GO teams - valor, instinct and mystic. Also I’d like Samus’ military garb from Other M as an alt for Zero Suit.
I think the problem with hilda being just an alt is that her personality is just way too different, Zelda's new happy and excitable personality wouldn't fit her

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I would pay money for the Fusion suit to be a real alt and not just a blue and yellow recolor. Playing project M with light suit, dark suit, and PED suit alts makes me really wish sakurai would go all out with costumes
This, but really for any model change. The Prime, Samus Returns or even classic ZM style power suit, or even fully modeled Dark Samus (if she's not already an echo)

The only other ones that really come to mind as vividly to me is Venom Snake (complete with voice differences ala Ike), with Nikita being replaced by Rocket Punch.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I want ALL THE SNAKES.

MGS1 Snake.png
MGS2 Raiden.jpg
MGS3 Naked Snake.jpg
MGS3 Sneaking Suit.jpg
MGSPW Sneaking Suit.jpg
MGS4 Old Snake Sneaking Suit.jpg
MGSV Venom Snake.jpg
MGSV Sneaking Suit.jpg

MGSV Retro.jpg

Last edited:

evildevil97

Smash Apprentice
NNID
evildevil97
I always wanted Olimar to be flat-out replaced with "Pikmin Explorer". Each outfit is a different character: Olimar, Alph, Louie, Charlie, Brittany, The President.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
For the young boy himself Link

His MM tools included with hookshot and bow

Last edited:

Apollo500

Smash Journeyman
:ultyounglink: A Majora's Mask themed alt that replaces all his weapons with their Majora's Mask designs, including the Bow and Hookshot.

:ultmario:Sunglasses Mario, Rapper Mario
:ultdk:Punch Out Outfit
:ultlink:OoT alt (wishful thinking, I know), Dark Link (Alph treatment)
:ultsamus:Just give 'er everything PM gave her and call it a day.
:ultkirby:Shadow Kirby (Alph treatment)
:ultfox:Melee Fox (with Melee voice too), James McCloud (Alph treatment)
:ultjigglypuff:Fairy Jiggs (even if I won't play with it)
:ultluigi:Mr. L
:ultfalcon:His appearance in the first F-Zero, Blood Falcon (Alph treatment)
:ultness:Pajamas, boi
:ultpeach:Shadow Peach
:ultbowser:Dry Bowser
:ultsheik:OoT Sheik, Twilight Princess Sheik
:ultzelda:OoT Zelda, Twilight Princess Zelda
:ultfalco:Melee Falco (with Melee voice too)
:ultmarth:OG Marth
:ultganondorf:Hyrule Warriors Ganon, Twilight Princess Ganon (don't need either, tho, cause OoT Ganon is MY Ganon)
:ultmewtwo:Armored Mewtwo
:ultmetaknight:Dark Meta Knight (Alph Treatment)
:ultpit:Classic Pit
:ultzss:"Justin Bailey"
:ultsnake:Big Boss (Alph treatment)
:4charizard:Armored Charizard
:squirtle:Sunglasses Squirtle. I might main him with this.
:ultlucas:His Masked Man disguise from a portion of Mother 3
:ultkingdedede:Masked Dedede (Yes, I know this is most likely deconfirmed. Let a man be blind to reality)
:ultolimar:Louie. Or any of the other Pikmin protagonists (they're all pretty interchangeable), but I'd prefer Louie.
:ultlucario:Gi Lucario (PLEASE)
:ulttoonlink:Outset Link
:ultwolf:Brawl Wolf (Just so I can hear his beautiful Brawl voice again), Melee styled Wolf
:ultrosalina:Cosmic Guide

Jamison

Banned via Warnings
Super Mario Strikers Daisy. I don't want every outfit to be a dress, same for Peach. Jigglypuff getting her headband back. Justin Bailey ZSS. Green jacket with red boots Fox I want back. Melee style red jacket Falco where the jacket matches the plumage around his eyes. Marth without blue hair and without a tiara would be nice. I love Marth but I was annoyed at how Lucina got so many hair color variations and Marth was still blue haired in every outfit. Old Snake. A Sonic that just isn't blue. I'd love Tails and Knuckles skins but I'd settle for anything not super blue. Palutena without the green hair, similar feeling as I have with Marth. Ms. Pac-man. Ken alt for Ryu. Zack alt for Cloud.

Oddball

Smash Lord
I thought about having alternate Megamans but I'd hate to mess up his Mega-teamup final Smash so maybe just give him some stuff based on ....

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I don’t know if I’m alone on this one but aside from all the obvious most wanted Alt costumes we can ask for. I’d like it if Sakurai made brand new Alt designs for the characters who never had other appearances in games. Like think of a brand new Game & Watch Alt design or a completely different look for someone like Pit or Wii Fit Trainer. That way they wouldn’t be left out while other popular character get a ton of alts. Just a thought.

_Rated D.R.K_

Smash Apprentice
I would be quite surprised if it's not in the game, because Mario has his wedding variant. Wedding suit Bowser deserves to be in the game. Also, I hope Dry Bones is an echo fighter or costume.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
*ahem*
Mario: fine as is
Luigi: Dr. Luigi
Peach: Shadow Queen
Bowser: Tuxedo Bowser
Yoshi: Sailor outfit from the 3DS ad
Rosalina: Mario Tennis Aces outfit(with wand replaced with racket even)
Bowser Jr.: Fine as is
Wario: WarioWare DIY outfit
Dr. Mario: fine as is
Donkey Kong: DK Jr. Outfit
Diddy Kong: fine as is
Link: Hyrule Warriors
Zelda: Hyrule Warriors
Sheik: Hyrule Warriors
Ganondorf: Hyrule Warriors
Toon Link: Tuxedo from the 3DS ad
Young Link: LttP color palette
Samus: Fusion suit
Zero Suit Samus: JUSTIN BAILEY outfit
Ridley: fine as is
Pit: fine as is
Palutena: fine as is
Dark Pit:fine as is
Marth: OVA outfit
Ike: Fine as is
Roy: Classic outfit or an Eliwood alt
Lucina: Bride Class
Robin: Fell Robin
Corin: Fine as is
Pikachu: fine as is
Pichu: Notched Ear
Pokemon Trainer: fine as is
Mewtwo: Shadow Mewtwo
Jigglypuff: fine as is
Greninja: Ash- Greninja
Lucario: fine as is
Kirby: fine as is
DeDeDe: perfect in every way
Meta Knight: Dark Meta Knight
Fox: fine as is
Falco: fine as is
Wolf: fine as is
Ness: Pajamas
Lucas: fine as is
Captain Falcon: Helmetless
Captain Olimar: fine as is with Alph, though maybe Louie could be added too
Villager: Horned hat(male), Cone hat(female)
Ice Climbers: fine as is
Wii Fit Trainer: fine as is
Little Mac: fine as is
ROB: fine as is
Mr. Game & Watch: fine as is
Duck Hunt: fine as is
Shulk: fine as is
Inkling: fine as is
Snake: Young Snake(MGS1) and Old Snake(MGS4)
Sonic: Boom(seriously, that look is so over hated, it was fine)
MegaMan: fine as is
PAC-MAN: Ms. PAC-MAN
Ryu: Bearded Ryu(SF5)
Cloud: Don Corneo Dress
Bayonetta: fine as is
Mii Fighters: fine as is

Phew.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Donkey Kong should also get a gray Tuxedo with a tiny little top hat.

Last edited:

Oddball

Smash Lord
There's actually one outfit I'd really like to see for the Wii Fit Trainer.

Does anybody remember the NES Power Pad? It was basically the prototype for Wii fit. I'd love to see the Wii Fit Trainer get a Dance Aerobics Instructor costume from that game.

In game costume.

Official art.

The girl in red appears to be the main one as she has several pictures showing her.

Although I'm not quite sure what the male Wii Fit trainer would get.

Top Bottom