• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Wanted "Skins" for Current Confirmed Characters (Beyond Just Recolors)

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
It's in the title. What do you want to see? With DLC most probably being a thing again and our pool of newcomers perhaps being limited, it's likely "skins" could be in the market. Before restricted to just the Miis, imagine your favorite character in a look you wish you could fight in!

Not talking about Echo Fighters here, but just alt looks for established characters. Not necessarily talking about renamed alts like Koopalings or Alph either, though I'd love to hear ideas like this as well even if they could as easily be Echoes. Mainly, I made this thread to focus on "skins" for characters that go that step beyond recolor.

~~~

Smash 4 Existing examples:
Robin / Corrin / Wii Fit / Villager (to some extent) -- Alternate gendered variations (revoiced in many cases!)
Wario -- WarioWare look and WarioWorld look
Bayonetta -- Bayo 1 look and Bayo 2 look
Cloud -- FF7 look and Advent Children look
Edit:
Little Mac -- Hooded Tracksuit and Wire Frame look in addition to Classic look (dropped voice clips for wire frames)
Pikachu & Jigglypuff - technically, hats count as model additions so I'd consider those at least "more than just recolors"

Recently Confirmed Ultimate examples:
Inkling / Pokemon Trainer - Alternate gendered variations (not sure if voiced different)
Pikachu - Alternate gendered variations including Pika Libra (Pika Libra may effectively just be a detailed recolor of female Pikachu)
Mario - Wedding and Builder looks in addition to his Classic look
Link - Now default Champion's Tunic look and Classic 'of the Wild' look
Ike - Path of Radiance look and Radiant Dawn look (slightly different voices)
Ridley - Original look and Meta look.

~~~

Let me know if I missed anything!
Can be hard to tell sometimes what is a detailed recolor and what actually includes new components to the shape of a character.
Anyways, have at it~

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I'll go first to set a format example I guess...

Some examples I hope for:
Samus - Fusion Suit and/or Light Suit (not just recolors of Varia!)
Ganondorf - Twilight Princess look and/or Demise renamed alt
Zelda - Ocarina of Time look, Twilight Princess look, Breath of the Wild look
General - N64/polygonal/retro models for characters

^ would give Nintendo lots of money for all of this, lol~

McSpanker

Smash Cadet
Although either one could easily be made into an echo, I wouldn't mind either metal sonic or shadow just being an alt skin, although I feel like both would be better suited to be their own character, I'd just like one of them to get in haha.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Dry Bowser as an alt or echo for Bowser would be great to see.

Quetza

Smash Rookie
Every Pokémon- Their Shiny versions
Squirtle- Squirtle Squad glasses
Pikachu- Detective Pikachu, The other Pikachu costumes they had for her (The only one I can’t see working is the version where she wears a big dress)
Luigi- Mr. L, his original NES color scheme
Mario- His original NES color scheme
Peach- Wedding Dress
Donkey Kong- (This is a joke) Leo Luster, Funky Kong ( Would much prefer him as his own character
Bowser- Dry Bowser, That weird cat version, NES color scheme
Inkling- Octoling

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I second a :zeldamelee: costume 100% (thought for sure I'd be the first to say it but I don't mind "losing" in this case!)

As for wants:
Zelda - Ocarina of Time
Sheik - Ocarina of Time
Link - Ocarina of Time (unlikely but it's worth a shot)
Wolf - Brawl look
Peach - Melee look

I'd be happy with any of them but OoT Zelda is top priority.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I second a :zeldamelee: costume 100% (thought for sure I'd be the first to say it but I don't mind "losing" in this case!)

As for wants:
Zelda - Ocarina of Time
Sheik - Ocarina of Time
Link - Ocarina of Time (unlikely but it's worth a shot)
Wolf - Brawl look
Peach - Melee look

I'd be happy with any of them but OoT Zelda is top priority.
Course you would, heh.

Give me all the Zeldas, tbh.

Also, good to see you again Jestar.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Big ones I want:

:ultganondorf:: Hyrule Warriors outfit
:ultlink:: Twilight Princess outfit, Hyrule Warriors Trainee outfit or Breath of the Wild Soldier armor, Hyrule Warriors version of the Fierce Deity outfit, Twilight Princess Sumo pants
:ultlucario:: Proper Shiny color (yellow and blue)
:ultluigi:: Mr. L
:ultmewtwo:: Proper Shiny color (green), Armor from the first movie
:ultpeach:: Shadow Queen
:ultdaisy:: Sports or Strikers gear
:ultpokemontrainer:: Team Rocket, with Proper shiny (black):charizard:, Squirtle Squad Shades:squirtle:, and a black rose:ivysaur:
:ulttoonlink:: Outset Island Outfit
:ultzelda:: Ocarina of Time dress, Twilight Princess dress, Breath of the Wild Royal Gown, Breath of the Wild Prayer dress, Link to the Past Casual (blue) dress, Hyrule Warriors dress

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Though it won't happen due to the floating animation and her running animation (where she holds up her dress), I would kill a man to get Daisy's Strikers or general "sports" game outfit. The dress is fine, but I'd rather have her look the way she does in the games I play.

Other than that:

- Zelda: Her Twilight Princess or Skyward Sword models. Or both.
- Young Link: A Majora's Mask themed costume with a different sword and shield. Preferably this:

- Fox: James McCloud (with an HD imagining of the SF64 uniform)
- DK: Funky Kong
- Pac-Man: Ms. Pac-Man
- Lucina: Masked Lucina, with her hair pulled up and everything
- Inkling: Octoling. It doesn't need to be an echo character. Just change the "hair".
- Pichu: Plusle/Minun. Because those designs are precious.
- PKMN Trainer: Like, all the trainers. Gold, Silver, TR Grunt, etc. No colors. Just trainers.

Last edited:

ratmon19

Smash Cadet
"Classic" captain falcon, meta knight, pit, marth, fox, falco, wolf, snake

Mewtwo armor like the movie or maybe a "giygas" alt

Twilight for all the zelda characters

Maskedman lucas

Funky kong or wind toy

Mr.l,

Not sure if they can do it for the girls but striker for the Mario characters

Dry browser

Broshi

Dark ryu

Octoling

Masked Lucina

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Most of these are ripped from this fossil, but they're worth bringing back.

Luigi -- Mr. L

Bowser -- Dark Bowser, Dry Bowser, Wedding Bowser, Meowser

Donkey Kong: Punch-Out costume

Link -- OoT Link, ALttP Link

Toon Link --Conductor costume, Minish Cap

Zelda -- OoT Zelda, BotW Zelda

Sheik -- OoT Sheik, Hyrule Warriors default

Samus -- Samus Returns look for Power and Varia suits, Fusion suit, Dark, Light, and PED suits

ZSS -- Zero Mission, Super, Fusion (white AND blue) ending outfits, + Justin Bailey.

Meta Knight -- Dark Meta Knight

Dedede -- Masked Dedede, Quickdraw Dedede

Olimar -- Alph, Brittany, Charlie, Bad Ending Pikmin Olimar

Star Fox -- 64 remake outfits for all characters

C. Falcon -- Classic NES Captain Falcon, Blood Falcon

Pokémon in general -- Clothing, basically. Pikachu gets all the male and female trainer hats, Jigglypuff gets Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny hats, Mewtwo gets his movie armor

Marth -- Sigurd cosplay

Roy -- Classic and Awakening costumes

Ness -- Pajama outfit

Lucas -- Masked Man disguise

Snake -- Twin Snakes/Classic polygonal Solid Snake, Naked Snake, Old Snake, Punished "Venom" Snake

Sonic -- Sonic character cosplays. Aka other characters' shoes and gloves

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Man, there were a few things I left unlisted myself that I had thought of, but it didn't take long for people to suggest stuff I totally forgot could be a thing or even things I'd never considered ever!

Magic Armor from Twilight Princess for Link.
I love the honesty here. Beautifully expected delivery. I find it more amusing than I should.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
:ultbowser:-Wedding/Pimp Suit
:ultcorrin::ultike::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultrobin:ultroy:-Heroes alts
:ultlink::ultmario::ultpit:-just boxers
:ultrosalina:-Cosmic
:ultrosalina::ultdaisy::ultpeach:-Biker and Sports Gear
:ultsonic:-Boom

**Gilgamesh**

Smash Ace
:ultpeach: Dark Peach costume ♥
:ultsheik: OoT costume
:ultcloud: Kingdom Hearts costume
:ultmewtwo: Armor Mewtwo from the movie / Shadow Mewtwo from pokken
:ultbowserjr: Koopa Kid costume
:ultsnake: Big Boss costume
:ultpokemontrainer: Ash Ketchum / Gary costume
:ultgreninja: Ash-Greninja.

Spirit Toons

Banned via Warnings
I would like some new Marth alts being his modern design and Wedding outfit
Lucina should get her Brave Hero design and her Masked Marth design
For Toon Link, the Nintendo add with the top hat would be cool

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Notched ear Pichu
Is that a reference to something?

Lucas as Kumatora (kinda olimar with alph...No echo, but with other voice actor)
She'd be scaled down to Lucas size like the Koopalings to Bowser Jr, and the final smash would need to be redone a bit... but if there's a great desire to do that it could happen. Probably more likely Lucas gets some Kumatora colors unforunately. Seems like there would be more to making that work than some. More likely an echo fighter or a whole new character would be better for her, but as of now she's with Lucas in his FS. Kumatora would be cool to have represented a bit more, yeah.

:ultpeach: Dark Peach costume ♥
daisy dark peach smash 4.jpg

Reminded me of this. Fun to revisit this funny art since Daisy's inclusion.

I would like some new Marth alts being his modern design and Wedding outfit
Lucina should get her Brave Hero design and her Masked Marth design
For Toon Link, the Nintendo add with the top hat would be cool
What's that from? Looks like a Kyary vid, but don't remember one with a Toon Link appearance. Love it.

Last edited:

dogboy678

Smash Rookie
I want botw Zelda! Lol anyways... Shirtless Mario, At this point any change to Sonics color his swatches have sucked in past iterations like give me a green sonic? Yeah.

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
Robins: I want their Grandmaster Costumes from Awakening/Warriors. Also, I wouldn't be upset if we got an evil glowy-eyed version to represent Grima!Robin.

The OP forgot Little Mac's Wire Frame and Jumpsuit Alts.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I want botw Zelda! Lol anyways... Shirtless Mario, At this point any change to Sonics color his swatches have sucked in past iterations like give me a green sonic? Yeah.
You have good taste... imo, heh. ALBW Zelda looks great and I've definitely accepted it as her default, but my first gut reaction was, "what about botw Zelda?". Hope despite what Sakurai said about BotW Zelda being more into research it doesn't keep him from bringing the alt look to us someday, even if it's only just got one color.

Oh, right. I remember seeing that now. I just forgot it was an official thing.

Robins: I want their Grandmaster Costumes from Awakening/Warriors. Also, I wouldn't be upset if we got an evil glowy-eyed version to represent Grima!Robin.

The OP forgot Little Mac's Wire Frame and Jumpsuit Alts.
I remembered Wire Frame but figured it was kinda a fancy recolor since the shape is identical... but I totally forgot the jumpsuit! That's more obviously an alt design since they had to model in the hood over his head. I guess I should've included wireframe though cuz it's different enough from a recolor and they even dropped sound effects. Also, I wondered if Pikachus and Jigglys wearing hats counted, but decided against it even though those alt looks do add an extra thing to the character and aren't just recolors.

Also, totally forgot all the "skin" ideas FEW and FEH together bring into the mix. There's a ton of content ideas there. Likewise with HW, but that's more familiar to me and I kinda already mentioned some. But one thing I didn't mention that someone did earlier... bringing in the HW default skins. The characters in HW looked good with some interesting design choices. Battle dress Zelda and long flowing mane of hair Ganondorf, lol. I'd prioritize "canon" looks though, but the HW ones are great.

Last edited:

dogboy678

Smash Rookie
:ultbowser:-Wedding/Pimp Suit
:ultcorrin::ultike::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultrobin:ultroy:-Heroes alts
:ultlink::ultmario::ultpit:-just boxers
:ultrosalina:-Cosmic
:ultrosalina::ultdaisy::ultpeach:-Biker and Sports Gear
:ultsonic:-Boom
I forgot about link in his underwear! YES! I agree!

You have good taste... imo, heh. ALBW Zelda looks great and I've definitely accepted it as her default, but my first gut reaction was, "what about botw Zelda?". Hope despite what Sakurai said about BotW Zelda being more into research doesn't keep him from bringing the alt look to us someday, even if it's only just got one color.
I agree. I think he just want to put in his favorite design, which is fine, but i still hope for her. And she didn’t seem like just a researcher when she sealed away Ganon with the full triforce XD. I have a feeling she might come as dlc and all these skins we are talking about will be dlc I mean it’d be a stupid decision not to on Nintendos part. But if we do get a botw Zelda I’d also like her smash ball to be changed to having the full triforce a minor touch but still would be awesome.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I agree. I think he just want to put in his favorite design, which is fine, but i still hope for her. And she didn’t seem like just a researcher when she sealed away Ganon with the full triforce XD. I have a feeling she might come as dlc and all these skins we are talking about will be dlc I mean it’d be a stupid decision not to on Nintendos part. But if we do get a botw Zelda I’d also like her smash ball to be changed to having the full triforce a minor touch but still would be awesome.
Yeah, BotW Zelda is just about the most "hands on" "in the field" "part of the action" Zelda we've had. Right up there with Sheik and Tetra, but even more centrally focused. Although, I've never played Spirit Tracks but friends that have say that's the most hands on Zelda as she's your companion and can be a phantom... so that one probably takes it. BotW Zelda does love her research though, will admit that was a very keen assessment by Sakurai, heh.

And yeah, mentioned it in the OP... but true alternate looks, aka "skins", are where a lot of popular games make extra money. Only makes sense that Nintendo gets in on that "cosmetics" market. It's a more optional thing that still adds content people want. They tried it with Miis last time... and I can totally see them doing it for some of their more flexible properties beyond just Miis this time

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
:ultmewtwo: Mecha Mewtwo
:ultpichu: Spikey Eared Pichu
:ultfalcon: Blood Falcon (Alph Treatment)
:ultlink: Dark Link (Alph Treatment)
:ultyounglink: Majora's Mask Attire
:ultpacman: Ms. Pac-Man (Alph Treatment)

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
:ultdk: - Punch Out Wii DK
:ultpacman: - Mrs. Pac Man, TBH Pac-Man has really boring swatches, they are all lazy.
:ultmario::ultpeach::ultbowser:- Wedding Outfits
:ultbowser: - Dry Bowser
:ultsonic: - Jet Set Radio Sonic (from Project M, that costume looks Sick!!) and better swatches tbh
:ultzelda: - Different Iterations of Zelda
:ultmarth: - Sigurd Costume (once again from Project M)
:ultike: - Armoured Ike (another one from Project M)
:ultpikachu: - Detective Pikachu
:ultsamus: - Actual different suits rather than recoloured varia suit. PED Suit would look SICK!!!
:ulticeclimbers: - Polar Bear Costume (like in Project M) OR Penguin Costume (that I just thought of)
:ultyoshi: - Boshi or Yoshi's Mario Party 2 costume
:ultwolf: - Star Fox: Assault Wolf (The one in Brawl)
:ultrob: - The Costumes in Project M (Wii R.O.B. and Virtual Boy R.O.B.)
:ultbowserjr:- Bowser Jr. with Shadow Mario Bandana
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrosalina::ultwario: - Mario Tennis Aces based Outfits

I did not expect to have much ideas, Project M is very inspiring even If i had never played it. and I would've had to share ideas.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I miss bearded Ganon, I hope they include some alts with the beard.

Also, I hope for more classic tunic alts for Link.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Man, there were a few things I left unlisted myself that I had thought of, but it didn't take long for people to suggest stuff I totally forgot could be a thing or even things I'd never considered ever!

I love the honesty here. Beautifully expected delivery. I find it more amusing than I should.
Thank you.

And also cross-dressing Link.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
:ultsamus:
Power Suit

Phazon Suit

PED Suit

Dark and Light Suit

Fusion Suit

For the PED Suit, it would be interesting that when Samus took more damage, she became more bluish like in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption when she's corrupted as she progresses through the game. As for the Fusion Suit, it would be nice if those came with their own Varia, Gravity, and Unnamed Suits.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
:ultridley:: Proteus (people say it's confirmed but I haven't seen it)
:ultinkling:: Some Splatoon 2 stuff
:ultfalcon::ultdk::ultfox::ultjigglypuff::ultlink::ultluigi::ultmario::ultness::ultpikachu::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby:: a retro blocky SSB64-esque outfit (on the vein of the N64 costume in Mario Odyssey)
:ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrosalina:: sports outfit
:ultzelda:: something that resembles her BOTW outfit (maybe a fancier recolor)
:ultsonic:: that metallic skin from Sonic Heroes's multiplayer
:ulttoonlink:: his Outset Island outfit (without the hat)
:ultbowser:: Tuxedo Bowser
:ultganondorf:: Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf
:ultsnake:: Blocky MGS1 camo
:ultwario:: Wario Land 1 look (white shirt, a hat instead of a cap)

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Bowser- Meowser
King K. rool- Kaptain K. Rool
Luigi- Mr. L
Yoshi- Yarn Yoshi
Kirby- Yarn Kirby
Mario- Delfino Mario
Samus- Fushion Suit

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I also will settle with Boshi to be an alt, but give him different voice clips and make it so that he has 8 alts of his own a la Little Mac.

Oh, and different name like Alph and the Koopalings. Boshi deserves better than to be announced as "Yoshi"

Top Bottom