• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most useful move

Night•Vision

Smash Rookie
Name your most useful move that you use with shiek.

Also while your here why dont you also name the stupidest move sheik has that you find useless.

Oh and could someone tell me if dacus is useful or not? Im up to the challenge in learning the move but b4 i do i want to know if this would be worth my time. I watch a lot of combo vids and i myself have been useing shiek for a long time and ive done just fine without it.

Just wanting to know how much this will effect my gameplay in the long run if i learned dacus.

Thanks for your time

stealth3654

Smash Lord
My most useful move would be a toss up between grab, needles, and forward tilt. Most useless is down air.

DACUS has its uses, but it's not necessary for Sheik's game play. Learning dacus takes some dedication, but once learned, it can be used for things like: grab releases, punishing, escaping, and sometimes as a surprise attack.

How useful DACUS is depends on your own opinion.

Judo777

Smash Master
Id probably say ftilt is her most uesful move thought needles and grab are also important. But ftilt is just so much free damage every game and it sets up to kills strings and juggles its nice.

Um I think sheiks DACUS is extremely useful personally its the one things she has on the entire rest of the cast. Its the strongest move in the game that moves as fast as it does. It definitely makes the opponent nervous and its probably her best punisher in the game.

Night•Vision

Smash Rookie
Ok then i'll take time into trying to learn the move. Hopefully it wont take to long but im notthe type of guy to where if i dont do it in 5 tries i quit and move to something else lol.

Oh and i do agree that Ftilt is one of her best moves.. i used to have trouble with fox.. lol idk how i did but i did. Then once i started useing shiek and i see a fox i sit there and laugh because me and him knows some ftilt is coming his way xD

Tewx2

Smash Ace
For me it would have to be jab. It's my OSHI- button.

I used to find DACUS to be useful, but at higher levels of play it's more of a gimmick and unless it's used out of a grab release or as a punish, anybody with decent reaction time can punish you badly for it. You still still learn it though.

Protoss_Zealot

Smash Rookie
i love the agility sheik has the best but the 2nd best is her throwing knifes she has. so quick and if used right it can be up to 25% free damage depending on how you use her. but if your not charging her knifes while someone is ko'd and coming back then i dont know what your thinking, but if your taunting thats excusable

oOTjayOo

Smash Apprentice
LOL THAT WAS TO GOOD. Best move to me is Fair. Worst move to me is Dair. Fair is best because its nice getting fair gimps. Dair i just dont see a use. I wish shiek could cancel the landing lag of it.

ZomgNinjah!!!1

Smash Apprentice
Sorry to look like an outcast here but UAIR is one of the most advantaged. You grab, downthrow, up air, and in the next animation do jump and up air at the same time (On a controller visual it looks like joypad up and c-stick up). So in total its 2 UAIRs, but the second one is often unpredicted.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnddddddd yea, I'd have to say ftilt cuz its smexxy and it ***** fox =)

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
It was good in Melee :( We have to wait til like at least 100% now. I use it more for utilt set ups or bait the air dodge and grab and repeat.

Also, chain is under used. Sheik's best move. \discussion

Variable

Smash Ace
It was good in Melee :( We have to wait til like at least 100% now. I use it more for utilt set ups or bait the air dodge and grab and repeat.

Also, chain is under used. Sheik's best move. \discussion
Lol, Chain is good, but I only use it while in the air as a counter edge guard tactic, and plus it's easily punished on the ground if they have projectiles, or are quick.

daisythirdeyeW33

Smash Apprentice
My favorite attacks for Sheik is the throws and her f-air. I consider the f-air a push attack when used on foes that are in the air trying to return to the stage.

So powerful, it can stop the *Star Fox character's third jump right in its tracks! COOL!
*That just a example, please don't comment on it.

However, the most useless move is the Chain when used on the ground, I never use this move grounded, only as a tether recovery.

That's the only flaw Sheik has. Which by the way, should make her a powerful brawler.

TIER E ! ! WHATEVER!!

Variable

Smash Ace
^ Chain lockz. \disagreement
Agreed, Chain isn't terrible, plus the knock back / stun effect will allow you to pull it back in before getting punished. It's only bad if you miss. But if you are missing chains, your probably using it too much.. Just use it to change it up and for surprise attacks.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
U-tilt is a fantastic anti-aerial. I think it completely ***** Wario and a bunch of characters that don't have disjointed hitboxes. It also goes right into f-tilt at low percents. <33333333333

Worst move for me is probably u-throw. Dair is useful for recovering and changing your timing to avoid punishment.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'd have to vote for U-tilit and F-tilt. U-tilt as Rio said is great anti-aerial; I like F-tilt because you can lock with it or at low percentages F-tilt into a grab, hence starting a combo.

Top Bottom