• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Used Koopaling

Which One Do You Use Most?

• Total voters

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Actually kinda upset that Wendy is the one with the least votes.
She's so awsum. =<
Seeing a child character with botox lips and loop earrings is always cringeworthy. To me, anyway.

I always go with default Jr. Something about him being both cute and badass at the same time makes him endearing. Sometimes, I'll change to any Koopaling bar Wendy when I feel like a change.

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
Gotta go with Morton. Voiced him in a comic dub, and was my favourite character to play as in Mario Kart 8 due to his weight.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Morton, all the way. No one beats that voice. And would you believed he's voiced by a woman who also voices Lemmy, Larry and Wendy? Who'd have thought.

:4morton:

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
Morton only for me too! Easily the most badass of the Koopakids and has always been my favorite.

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
Besides Bowser Jr. I use Roy a lot. Sometimes Ludwig or Larry coming in after. But mainly Roy.

SagaciousCejai

Smash Rookie
As an avid practitioner of the:roypm:, I find the large amount of love towards our boy :4roy:in this thread to be truly inspirational.

Last edited:

Rexcalibr

Smash Apprentice
I find myself using Lemmy the most, and then Larry, though I pretty much use all of them except Bowser Jr. and I rarely use Morton. I love them all though but I never had a connection to Bowser Jr. like I do with the Koopa brats.

Rexcalibr

Smash Apprentice
Why is it then, in Smash Bros. Larry's trophy description states that he is the leader?
It is a typo sir, they actually did make a mistake there in the 3DS trophy descriptions. Ludwig has always been depicted as the leader, and the oldest. Larry is the youngest, with the rest of the Koopalings birth order being a mystery but I'd assume Lemmy is the second youngest.It's not surprising they'd make a mistake like this, especially considering they'd change a major storyline element like the Koopalings being Bowser's children.

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
Do I really need to argue as to why Ludwig is the best Koopaling?

Either way, Roy and Ludwig are my main Koopalings in everything (Smash Bros., Mario Kart 8). But to be honest, I enjoy using the other ones once in a while, too. :p

But :4ludwig:, :4roy: take the cake for the most SW&G

Last edited:

A-money2121

Smash Journeyman
Why is it then, in Smash Bros. Larry's trophy description states that he is the leader?
Allow me to give a brief history lesson about the Koopalings.

The Koopaling's debut was in Super Mario Bros. 3. At that time they were said to be Bowser's seven children. The Koopaling's would each invade individual kingdoms and claiming them for themselves by turning the kings into strange creatures using the king's wand, which they stole. During that time, Ludwig was the leader and eldest of the bunch, as well as Bowser's favorite child and right-hand man (thus making Ludwig the Bowser Jr. figure at the time) as mentioned in the Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World handbook and Super Mario wiki.

Super Mario Sunshine was released in fall 2002, which was the debut of Bowser's "only" son, Bowser Jr. Because of this, Miyamoto decided to change the Koopaling's entirely. Instead, they are the leaders of the Koopa Troop under Lord Bowser, prior to them being his children. Because of this change, the Koopalings are different, but still seem to hold their old interests and personalities (ex. Ludwig still has an interest composing classical music), however few things have been changed. For example: as of now, Larry Koopa, the youngest of the group, is the leader of the Koopalings (according to his trophy description).

Last edited:

V1cegrip

Banned via Warnings
My old account was hacked. Thus using this new one

The Koopaling's debut was in Super Mario Bros. 3. At that time they were said to be Bowser's seven children. The Koopaling's would each invade their own individual worlds, by invading several. kingdoms and turning their kings into strange creatures using the kings wands, which they stole. During that time, Ludwig was the leader of the bunch, and Bowser's favorite Koopaling (thus making Ludwig the Bowser Jr. figure at the time) as mentioned in the Super Mario Bros. 3 handbook and Super Mario wiki.

Super Mario Sunshine came out in 2001 (I think), which was the debut of Bowser's "only" son, Bowser Jr. Because of this, Miyamoto decided to change the Koopaling's entirely. Instead, they are the leaders of the Koopa Troop under Lord Bowser, prior to them being his children. Now the Koopaling's stories and proposes were changed. As of now, Larry Koopa is the youngest of them and the leader of the Koopalings.
Thanks for the history lesson! Good info. Ya the Ludwig hair and single adorable tooth can't be beat. When I was a kid playing mario3/super mario world Ludwig was the Koopaling who stood out to me the most, so it was an easy choice to make when picking which Koopaling or Jr. to play as.

Rexcalibr

Smash Apprentice

The Koopaling's debut was in Super Mario Bros. 3. At that time they were said to be Bowser's seven children. The Koopaling's would each invade their own individual worlds. By invading several kingdoms, they'd turning the kings into strange creatures using the king's wands, which they stole. During that time, Ludwig was the leader of the bunch, and Bowser's favorite Koopaling (thus making Ludwig the Bowser Jr. figure at the time) as mentioned in the Super Mario Bros. 3 handbook and Super Mario wiki.

Super Mario Sunshine came out in 2001 (I think), which was the debut of Bowser's "only" son, Bowser Jr. Because of this, Miyamoto decided to change the Koopaling's entirely. Instead, they are the leaders of the Koopa Troop under Lord Bowser, prior to them being his children. Now the Koopaling's stories and proposes were changed. As of now, Larry Koopa is the youngest of them and the leader of the Koopalings.
Meh… I guess it's up in the air. I still consider them Bowser's children and I don't see how Larry is the leader when Ludwig is always the last one you fight. In fact, Larry is the first boss in New Super Mario Wii. I'm convinced that it's a typo.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
I myself prefer Bowser Jr.
Best design, looks closest to his dad, and just all around more charming.
Not hating on the koopalings, but they look too much like Deviantart OC's to me.

Even when i meet Jr players online (which are kind of rare these days) i see Bowser Jr being used the most. (Probably because he is the default)
All hail to the prince! :4bowserjr:

Xenoblade Hero

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1891-1509-5006
I personally use Bowser Jr the most, otherwise Morton comes in second. Really like his design seeing as it's based off glam metal

Shame to see Wendy in last as the only female Koopaling

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
As time has gone on, I've picked up more of the Koopalings. I typically play Iggy but I also play Wendy a lot because it seems like nobody plays as her. Sometimes I play as Ludwig, Roy, and Lemmy to change things up a bit. I think I've only played as Bowser Jr. once because I absolutely loathe the character and if it had been just him I never would have picked up the character at all.

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
Whenever I bring out the Koopalings in any session, whether offline or FG, I usually always start off with either :4ludwig: or :4iggy: (the Evil Geniuses! Oh, how I would LOVE to see "EG|Ludwig" or "EG|Iggy" someday, like that one Smash player that joined Team Evil Geniuses and therefore Justin Wong's crew... XD), depending on which room I'm in (:4ludwig: for FFAs & 1v1, and :4iggy: for Teams [Because having :4ludwig:'s fabulous blue hair on the red team tends to confuse people, unlike :4iggy:'s palm tree hair...]) then in the upcoming rounds, if I stay as them, my lineup looks like this:

Picks for Round:
2: :4iggy:/:4ludwig:
3: :4lemmy:
4: :4larry:
5: :4bowserjr: or :4roy:
6: :4roy: or :4morton:
7: :4morton: or :4wendy:
8: :4wendy: or :4bowserjr:
9+: Loop around from Round 1

Personally, lately, it's been the latter for Rounds 5-8, and even in the Teams room, I've been repping Ludwig 1st thing. *Headtilts in confusion*

If I see any of them during a session, other than from me (which personally is a joyous occasion, even if you NEVER use Side B Jump Cancels at any point, not even for recovery), then whoever DID show up gets skipped in my lineup (ex. I'm :4iggy: for Round 2, and someone else is :4lemmy:. Both me and the :4lemmy: stick around for Round 3, so I'll go straight to :4larry: instead).

One of these days, I'll be in a room FILLED with Juniors, and it'll be one of the greatest matches I'll have ever had in all of Smash 4, ESPECIALLY if ALL of them use (shorthop) Side B Jump Cancels! >8D

Last edited:

Itty Bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Itty Bit♪
3DS FC
2878-9679-6999
Always Lemmy. Though I have a silly reason as to why I pick him because I grew up on a crappy Mario fansite that had Lemmy on it. He just has a small soft spot to me when compared to the other Koopalings.
Also, you can't go wrong with a rainbow Mohawk.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
:4bowserjr: and :4iggy:

Jr. because he's my default main in Mario spinoffs when he's available, and Iggy on occaision because he's hilarious and was Jr.s replacement main in Mario Kart 8 (whenever I don't want to be Bowser of course).

Personally, I think :4bowserjr:has the potential to star in his own game if they capitalized on his mechanical prowess, since he's portrayed as largely helpless without his clown car or various machines. If they made him a smidgen more mature (while still being a snarky, spoiled jerk, in an affable way) and replaced his magic paintbrush with a wrench, I think he has potential. Although Jr. has a notable hate base as far as I know.

Imagine a Mario themed Armored Core and you might see why I'd love a Super Bowser Jr. type game. Though if any Mario enemy is going to get his own game, it's Bowser, first and foremost.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
I use mostly :4lemmy: and :4wendy: because they're adorable. :3

I would use Bowser Jr. more, but I wish he had other colors available. D:

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
I always go with Jr. :4bowserjr:, he's so adorable, yet still manages to beat his father into the ground.
But if I had to go with someone else, it'd probably be Iggy :4iggy: because we both wear glasses.

Last edited:
F

FennerGuy1992

:4wendy:- I use her more often than Jr and other Koopalings. Probably the only one I use if I choose Jr Koopalings lol

TheWalshinator

Smash Rookie
I would have to say Roy or Morton, but all of them get a good go except for Wendy (she just feels annoyingly bratty to me so I never play her)

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I am always coming back to this character...and nothing's changed. still using Roy

Rexcalibr

Smash Apprentice
Always Lemmy. Though I have a silly reason as to why I pick him because I grew up on a crappy Mario fansite that had Lemmy on it. He just has a small soft spot to me when compared to the other Koopalings.
Also, you can't go wrong with a rainbow Mohawk.
He's the cutest one.

Top Bottom